MLB Tuesday 10/24

Wiretowire

Pretty much a regular
YTD +2340
0-1 last

It doesn't happen often, but I was surprised by the Texas mauling of Houston last night. Oh, I have lost games big before I didn't see coming especially in baseball because that's the nature of the game. What surprised me was Scherzer pitched as expected just 2 2/3 innings with an 11+ era but Houston couldn't capitalize because their pitchers were getting shelled. 3 runs off their best starter (recently) before the fans got their first beer. And it only got worse from there. Dusty just looked confused and didn't have any answer. Now I don't like Baker and I think he is not as good as they let on he is but you have to give respect to the guy because, cheating or not, he has put this team into contention every year. But last night he looked like he just wanted to go home. Texas simply kicked their ass. Congrats to the Ranger backers.

AZ/Phil over 8 -70/+50 - I really don't like this play but I have to post something. The pitchers don't indicate they will allow a lot of runs but they won't be the same pitchers in there if they even allow 2. If I were you, I would bet AZ ML at +160. It has just as good a chance as any to come in.

Why am I not betting that? I am not allowed to. My wife and I lived in Philly for a few years and it's her favorite US city. If I even think about betting AZ she will know and beat the shit out of me. She's 5' 4" and 100 and nothing pounds. I go 6 foot 230 and yes, I am fucking terrified of her. So over it is!

GL

YTD +2340
0-1 last

It doesn't happen often, but I was surprised by the Texas mauling of Houston last night. Oh, I have lost games big before I didn't see coming especially in baseball because that's the nature of the game. What surprised me was Scherzer pitched as expected just 2 2/3 innings with an 11+ era but Houston couldn't capitalize because their pitchers were getting shelled. 3 runs off their best starter (recently) before the fans got their first beer. And it only got worse from there. Dusty just looked confused and didn't have any answer. Now I don't like Baker and I think he is not as good as they let on he is but you have to give respect to the guy because, cheating or not, he has put this team into contention every year. But last night he looked like he just wanted to go home. Texas simply kicked their ass. Congrats to the Ranger backers.

AZ/Phil over 8 -70/+50 - I really don't like this play but I have to post something. The pitchers don't indicate they will allow a lot of runs but they won't be the same pitchers in there if they even allow 2. If I were you, I would bet AZ ML at +160. It has just as good a chance as any to come in.

Why am I not betting that? I am not allowed to. My wife and I lived in Philly for a few years and it's her favorite US city. If I even think about betting AZ she will know and beat the shit out of me. She's 5' 4" and 100 and nothing pounds. I go 6 foot 230 and yes, I am fucking terrified of her. So over it is!

GL
The small ones still know how to throw stones in glass houses and we are the glass house.

Crazy I was a die hard Phillies fan until I moved here in '98 and basically was forced to change my allegiances. Tonight is nothing but house money, then the Suns season begins!

Exactly KJ. I lived in Tucson for 6 years in the mid 80's. Actually, became a Cubs and Dodgers fan for that time as Cubs games were broadcast from Phoenix and I could get Vin Scully at night. Nothing like sitting on your porch and listening to Vin Scully say, "It's time for Dodgers baseball why don't you pull up a chair and join us." GL

Absolutely inzane. GL

Back