MLB Tuesday 10/23

Wiretowire

Pretty much a regular
YTD +497
0-1 last

Let me first start off by saying this is the World Series. If you are a serious fan of either of these teams don't bet anything on these games. Not totals and certainly not sides. There are a few reasons for this:

1. You are not objective. The words serious fan means that you will look for any reason to bet on your team. Bookies are in business because of you. You will hunt and hunt to find the smallest of facts. An example is that no one in their right mind (except a serious fan) would bet on Houston in game one of this series. But I'm sure you Houston fans will. Worse I'm sure you are taking Houston to win the series?

2. If you are a serious fan of a team then why bet the series? Blood and I used to go round and round on this point. If your team wins the championship you will be esctatic. You just won the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!! No money will make that any better. And if your team loses, why make it worse by having to pay the bookies?

3. But the same is true in the reverse. Yes, LA fans your team should win the series. But strange things happen in baseball. Anything can and sometimes does happen. Just sit back and enjoy the next week and a half. Root for your teams and let the money go.

And for the sake of other posters and just lurkers reading in here make it known you are a big fan of one team or another so these good people can ignore your threads. Thank you. And yes, I suggest you completely ignore their threads.

Now for those of you that aren't Dodgers or Astros fans.........

LA -170 (20 units)

LA has been dominant almost all year. I think they coasted for a late stretch there to get healthy and that's why they slid a little after they had it wrapped up. They went 15-3 in their last 18 games though and their only loss in the playoffs was a token to the Cubs. Kershaw is on the mound and he is on sale at -170 at home. No, he hasn't been lights out recently but he has been better overall than that 4+ inning, 4 runs and 7 hits allowed performance turned in by Keuchel in his last. Add that LA has been dominant going 61-24 at home. Yes, I know Houston is a very good road team but all signs point to LA tonight.

Total: Pass.

Series: LA -170

Kershaw, Hill, and Darvish is overall better than Keuchel, Verlander, and Morton. Although Verlander is throwing better than all 6 listed at this time. Hitting - LA is overall better except Altuve who is the best hitter for both teams at the plate. That is also why I would walk that little hitting machine every time he came to bat in this series. Even with the bases loaded I walk him. (Wouldn't that drive the Astros fans ape shit?) Coaching -LA is better especially when the Houston coach seems to be allergic to ever walking anyone with a base open. I don't just mean Judge. The man will have a runner on second against him with one out and he refuses to walk the next hitter in crucial game situations to set up the double play. That will cost him this series as it almost cost him the NY series. Frankly, I know the Houston fans don't want to hear this but there is no reason for me to see anything but LA dominating this series. It could get interesting if they beat Kershaw tonight with Verlander next up followed by 3 in Houston but I don't see . GL

Agree with LA. Although i do think winning money while your team wins the title tastes so sweet. If you have an offshore account, that's where you can bet a very small amount on your favorite team. I find myself doing that for every Rams game this year. Maybe I'm getting old but I need the extra juice to stay awake during these games. : ) GL!

Good post. Was liking LA for Today as Houston doesn't seem to hit as well away from home as evidenced in the last series. Was hoping that with this being the World Series, the lines would be a bit lower than -170, but oh well. LA IMO has the better pitching and bullpen. Hitting i think LA has a tougher lineup, though I like LA's bench better in comparison's to Houstons.

GL, I really believe Altuve and Correa are better than any combination of anything on LA you can put together offensively. Of course I'm on Houston so there's that...going to be a bunch of tough outs both ways.

Wise, you sound exactly like Blood. GL

Thanks Metallica. GL

Thanks Cash. GL

Thanks InZane. GL

Thanks Ifhlaw good points. GL

Forgot that Big. GL

I agree completely KJ. I wasn't kidding about always walking Altuve. GL

Thanks Tim. GL

Couldn’t find a worst 100 game winning team versus lefties than this year’s Astros. A below .500 team who will be drilled with lefties and the only R is Yu who is dealing.

wait, In, weren't there only 3 100-game winning teams (Astros, Dodgers and Indians)? So is your point that of those three teams, they were the worst against lefties? For the regular season, their BA was 5 points lower vs lefties, but OBP was 3 points higher vs lefties. They were 24-25 on the year against lefty starters; I would also keep in mind that Carlos Correa, one of their top righty bats, missed 53 games. Not sure I would put much stock in lefties eating the Astros for lunch.

Reactions: KJ
wait, In, weren't there only 3 100-game winning teams (Astros, Dodgers and Indians)? So is your point that of those three teams, they were the worst against lefties? For the regular season, their BA was 5 points lower vs lefties, but OBP was 3 points higher vs lefties. They were 24-25 on the year against lefty starters; I would also keep in mind that Carlos Correa, one of their top righty bats, missed 53 games. Not sure I would put much stock in lefties eating the Astros for lunch.

When you have a 100 Win team lose more games vs lefties than they win it’s a legit trend. It’s certainly not a bad trend for the Dodgers who have 3 lefties and Cy Yu.

Back