MLB Tuesday 10/18

Wiretowire

Pretty much a regular
YTD +2119
1-0 last

Thanks Inzane. GL

Thanks Bank. GL

First, going to Montreal Thursday and won't be back until Sunday night. I will try to post the MLB playoffs while I am gone but it's much easier when we go way North to the cabin because there I have better internet and in the city, I have to take my portable wifi to use the computer. In case you are wondering, and I'm sure you are not but I am going to tell you anyway, we go to Canada all the time because my wife is Canadian and also because her parents are both 92 so we go to check on them about every month. Plus, we own a 4 unit apartment building (they live in one of the units rent free the freeloaders!) and I have to go screw up somebody's electric or plumbing or paint some shit occasionally. I am not what you would call handy. But it all works out and there is the explanation for why we go up there all the time which you didn't ask for and didn't need to hear. You're welcome.

All x50 each

NYY ML -150 - Boone did the smart thing and with the rainout is starting Nasty Nestor Cortes because he got an extra day's rest. Cortes pitched well against Cle earlier in the series and is a shit ton better than Taillon who would have gotten creamed by Cle. Francona still has his head up his ass and is still starting Civale. (I told you he doesn't handle pitchers well) Yes, I know all will pitch and we will see Bieber but Bieber would be much more effective if he was able to go through his regular starting routine than getting some 30 pitches in the bullpen and 8 warm ups on the mound. They can't do that long toss stuff in the outfield starters do before a game to really warm up the shoulder which of course they can't do in the bullpen. And consider if Bieber would pitch on shorter than normal rest which he will wouldn't you want him as warmed up as possible? See? Francona is stupid. Yankees should be able to use Nestor and their regular pen where Cle will have about 300 pitchers trotting out there if Civale gets in trouble. Yanks have seen and crushed Civale twice this year but that was back in July and April so they shouldn't even be considered because contrary to popular belief pitchers do change from early in the season to late in the season and I will never understand when the "experts" say but this or that pitcher has always had success over the years against that club. Really? You think a pitcher doesn't change over years? I love that stupid shit.

I was going to go over 6 -140 but I think I am going to leave it right there.

Phil/SD over 6 -140 - I don't trust either offense, if I am being truthful, but I also think both these starters are good for 3 runs each and that gets this over home safely.

No clue on the side and gun to my head I guess I would take Phil for the series +100 because they beat the shit out of a very good Atlanta team and SD beat a sleepwalking LA team that pretty much gave it to the Padres. GL

Not so much with you bout the starters in the NLCS, think that a pitchers duel! Love both those guys, think runs be tough to come by but maybe they come late after starters get run. Gl today

Sounds like Bieber will not be pitching tonight at all, last I read is that Francona has told him he will be Game 1 starter if they win and go to the ALCS. I guess that doesn't mean he's 100% out of the equation tonight, but it sounds like unless Civale gets blown up in the 1st inning we will not see Biebs.

I think he feels that his bullpen is good enough to do the job after a few innings of Civale. There's only one way to find out. GL, with you on both plays.

Thanks Inzane. I appreciate it. GL

Thanks Bank. I know you like Darvish but I don't have as much faith in him as you do. GL

Thanks Jedi, I think you are 100% correct in that. Funny, I had a buddy call me last night after they postponed, and he asked me who I thought would pitch today and I said if Francona has any brains he will start Bieber. He said he heard that Francona was saving him for game #1 of the next series. I told my friend if Tito doesn't start him tonight it would most likely be game #1 next April. GL

Sounds like Bieber will not be pitching tonight at all, last I read is that Francona has told him he will be Game 1 starter if they win and go to the ALCS. I guess that doesn't mean he's 100% out of the equation tonight, but it sounds like unless Civale gets blown up in the 1st inning we will not see Biebs.

I think he feels that his bullpen is good enough to do the job after a few innings of Civale. There's only one way to find out. GL, with you on both plays.

His pen is great, the problem Civale ain’t, hasn’t pitched in weeks, and his ops allowed in the 1st inning is damn near .900! Cle gonna get behind before they blink their eyes. Maybe they can claw back as I doubt yanks score a run after the 5th.

Thanks Inzane. I appreciate it. GL

Thanks Bank. I know you like Darvish but I don't have as much faith in him as you do. GL

Thanks Jedi, I think you are 100% correct in that. Funny, I had a buddy call me last night after they postponed, and he asked me who I thought would pitch today and I said if Francona has any brains he will start Bieber. He said he heard that Francona was saving him for game #1 of the next series. I told my friend if Tito doesn't start him tonight it would most likely be game #1 next April. GL

I would have gone with Bieber as well, but I think the hesitation is just the fact he'd be starting on 3 days rest.

I’m liking that Yankee under 8. I think Cleveland has trouble with Nasty and 1st sign of trouble with Indians starter he’ll get pulled. Im putting more of the idea of Bieber not starting with Bieber not wanting to start and maybe not having much in the tank on 3 days. I think if he demanded the ball Tito would have given it to him. Just a guess based on how much Tito is a players coach. GL

Who knows, Cortes might suck on 3 days rest? Honestly every time I watch him I’m baffled guys can’t hit him! I’ve lost a bunch fading him one way or another this year! Finally gave up and have concluded guys must have a terrible time picking the ball up out of his hand! He don’t have much variety and to me his pitches don’t look all that nasty, yet game after game he baffles guys while I sit there thinking “I woulda smashed that pitch” (on PlayStation of course! Lol).

Bank I agree the Cle pen is very good. I just don't know when Francona will go to them if he gets in trouble. he has a habit of not relieving until the other team has scored 4 off him but that could be different in a deciding game. I just have no confidence in Tito. GL

I'm sure that's it Jedi. Wasn't too long ago (20 years maybe) 3 days rest was full rest with a 4 man rotation. GL

You may be right Wise about under. I just can't get a handle on the total and Civale could go 5 strong or allow a ton of walks and homers and be gone before the 3rd. You also nailed what I hate about Francona. He absolutely is a player's coach and if he was more of team coach he would already have numerous World Series rings. He always wants to prove he's behind his players even when they struggle and he tends to leave struggling pitchers in too long. Also, a good point as to why Bieber didn't demand the ball. GL

Bank, I laughed at that Playstation comment. When I watch a game today, I can't honestly say to myself I could hit that guy. There was a time I actually did hit them but those days are long gone. I will sit there now however and yell "What the fuck are you swinging at?" GL

Bank I agree the Cle pen is very good. I just don't know when Francona will go to them if he gets in trouble. he has a habit of not relieving until the other team has scored 4 off him but that could be different in a deciding game. I just have no confidence in Tito. GL

I'm sure that's it Jedi. Wasn't too long ago (20 years maybe) 3 days rest was full rest with a 4 man rotation. GL

You may be right Wise about under. I just can't get a handle on the total and Civale could go 5 strong or allow a ton of walks and homers and be gone before the 3rd. You also nailed what I hate about Francona. He absolutely is a player's coach and if he was more of team coach he would already have numerous World Series rings. He always wants to prove he's behind his players even when they struggle and he tends to leave struggling pitchers in too long. Also, a good point as to why Bieber didn't demand the ball. GL

Bank, I laughed at that Playstation comment. When I watch a game today, I can't honestly say to myself I could hit that guy. There was a time I actually did hit them but those days are long gone. I will sit there now however and yell "What the fuck are you swinging at?" GL

I’m with ya. I took yanks to score in 1st inning +240 amd over 1.5 runs 1st 5. And -.5 Ff, I just can’t see them not hitting Civale. The guy isn’t good on normal rest, now he hasn’t pitched in weeks, to make matters worse he had to mentally prep himself yesterday only to not pitch, now has to get himself back in the zone again today. Think that asking a lot for a guy who historically worst in the 1st inning! Teams had a .879 ops off him in the 1st this year and we not talking bout a murders row a teams he was facing, it was a whole bunch of tigers, royals, white Sox garbage hitting lineups! If he comes out and shuts yanks down I’ll tip my cap as I rip up my tickets! If cortes can be solid it might be too late for tribe by time the pen gets involved!

I’m with ya. I took yanks to score in 1st inning +240 amd over 1.5 runs 1st 5. And -.5 Ff, I just can’t see them not hitting Civale. The guy isn’t good on normal rest, now he hasn’t pitched in weeks, to make matters worse he had to mentally prep himself yesterday only to not pitch, now has to get himself back in the zone again today. Think that asking a lot for a guy who historically worst in the 1st inning! Teams had a .879 ops off him in the 1st this year and we not talking bout a murders row a teams he was facing, it was a whole bunch of tigers, royals, white Sox garbage hitting lineups! If he comes out and shuts yanks down I’ll tip my cap as I rip up my tickets! If cortes can be solid it might be too late for tribe by time the pen gets involved!
Bank thanks for the NYY to score in first inning, really liked your rationale on that and boom!

Wire BOL!

You just killed that prop, awesome work I got +216 on that. Civale lasted 5 batters, wow....you guys were so right on him.

You just killed that prop, awesome work I got +216 on that. Civale lasted 5 batters, wow....you guys were so right on him.

After judge missed that hanging curve I got a tad nervous: but then he walked rizzo and couldn’t hit zone 1st 2 to stanton I knew he was either gonna lay one in and get smashed or he was just gonna end up walking a run in!

Still amazes me guys can’t hit cortes. What a job by him. Biebs should be ashamed of himself, I’d have demanded the ball if I heard this dude was going on 3! Glad he didn’t tho, I really thought the rainout was gonna fuck our chance to cash in on Civale!

Back