MLB Tuesday 10/17

Wiretowire

Pretty much a regular
YTD +2105
2-0 last

Thanks Cash. Always appreciated. GL

Very interesting that when asked why the Dodgers and many of the so called "great" teams failed so badly Dave Roberts said a lot of it was due to the week layoff. He said "Baseball is a game that must be played continuously if you want to stay sharp especially hitting." (I'm not going to say I told you so again) But the real stupid shit was the interviewer said at the end of his writeup "Well layoff or not, the teams will just have to make the necessary adjustments next time." Moron. Some of these idiots ask questions and never listen to the responses. There is no adjustment to be made to this layoff unless you care to pay 3 or 4 starting pitchers whose teams have been eliminated to throw live game conditions during the week you are sitting on your ass.

Weird but it worked yesterday. You think that was weird? Today's bet is for Tuesday and Wednesday. Thank you BetMGM.

Parlays:

Phil +2 1/2 -450
Hou +2 1/2 -275
- Yes Hou could actually stay close in this one.

-70/+50

Now for the really weird one.

AZ/Phil under 13 -900
Hou/Texas under 13 -450

-140/+50

BetMGM gives you all these cool buys and sells of runs. And the high odds when parlayed comes to the same odds of many of the +2 1/2 -280 bets I made during the season. Keep in mind if you only go 1/2 a unit the risk comes down to -140 and is manageable. But many people see -900 and run away. I take a stroll towards those kind of odds if I can parlay some of them together. Kind of goes with the same theory that some guys will never bet -150 odds. But if you make that bet -75 to win 50 you would be surprised at what your bankroll looks like at the end of the season. Just a thought. GL

MLB players/pitchers aren’t allowed to workout with teams they’re not employed by, courtesy of the CBI. If their contract is up after the regular season, they’re still property of their team until after the postseason is over.

MLB players/pitchers aren’t allowed to workout with teams they’re not employed by, courtesy of the CBI. If their contract is up after the regular season, they’re still property of their team until after the postseason is over.
Simple solution is you make up a team of AA and AAA guys from your organization to play. Keeps the younger players engaged with the big league club for the postseason run.

Good luck on the action w2w, always appreciate reading your thread. BTW you are showing great discipline not investing largely in wnba and CFL :moneytoss:

Yes, Wise I knew that about pitchers. I was going to put sarcastically in my post no team would allow that, but the point was the stupidity of the moron simply saying the teams would have to make adjustments. GL

I thought of that KJ. It would work. They wouldn't be as good as major pitching, but it is better than batting practice for a week. GL

Thanks Cash. You will be happy to know I haven't bet a penny on WNBA in a while. CFL, I do bet before I go up North, but I don't post it. GL :)

Thanks Inzane. Always appreciate your responses. GL

Yes, Wise I knew that about pitchers. I was going to put sarcastically in my post no team would allow that, but the point was the stupidity of the moron simply saying the teams would have to make adjustments. GL

I thought of that KJ. It would work. They wouldn't be as good as major pitching, but it is better than batting practice for a week. GL

Thanks Cash. You will be happy to know I haven't bet a penny on WNBA in a while. CFL, I do bet before I go up North, but I don't post it. GL :)

I’m tempted to take Astros at +380 for the series. Problem is this postseason has been so anticlimactic that it doesn’t feel any team has the energy to comeback. If there’s a team that should it’s Houston vs the lack of pitching depth and shaky bullpen of Texas in these next 3 games. Your thoughts?

I agree Wise. +380 looks very tempting. The good thing is Javier has looked very good and Houston shelled Scherzer for 7 runs on 9/6 when they last saw him. That makes it 2-1 series. That brings Urquidy and Verlander in the next two and both have looked very strong. Hou will have to find a game #6 starter, but they get to come back with Javier in #7. Texas cupboard is bare despite the 2-0 series lead because Montgomery, Heaney and Dunning are all very beatable and we will see next game how Scherzer did.

I myself am going to take Houston for the series now at +375. But I have no other series bets so I am going to see if Houston can come back because if they do win the next 2, I can get Texas at +200 or better and I am going to hedge the shit out of that. The good news is if Texas pulls off 1 of the next two the series bet probably suffers a quick and painless exit despite games remaining but the hedge will be gone. GL

The problem javier did look good against twins but they swung at a ton of balls! Rangers don’t chase ad much as twins, although they were chasing the Valdez curve after the 1st. Javier just like most houston pitchers this year been freaking inconsistent. I don’t disagree hou can def come back but I feel like they damn near gotta win all 3 in texas, they been so crappy at home I don’t see them winning 6 and 7 back in Houston. I have no doubt they can go 2-1 in Arlington but I wouldn’t feel so hot needing them to win the last 2 at home where they had a losing record this year. No team has ever had a losing record at home and made the WS, I get liking that price on a team who been here a million times, I think they get back into series but think I rather take it game by game.

I am glad you have put the wnba in your rear view mirror

I agree with what you say Bank. I think you are bang on about this series. Just taking a bet on Hou for hedge opp not necessarily because I'm sure they will come back. GL

Thanks Cash. WNBA was very good to me but there just hasn't been any time at home this year to really look at it. GL

I agree with what you say Bank. I think you are bang on about this series. Just taking a bet on Hou for hedge opp not necessarily because I'm sure they will come back. GL

Thanks Cash. WNBA was very good to me but there just hasn't been any time at home this year to really look at it. GL

For me I rather just take the money I would be willing to risk on series and put in on tonight, obviously not getting the same kind of odds but they are plus money and tonight is the series, obviously they lose this one might as well throw the series tickets in the trash. I’m taking a small stand here cause I don’t think they should be dogs in this spot on road where they been much better all year.

Of course if stros win the next 2 you be in a very good position to make moves with the price on them to win series at moment, I do think they win 2 of these 3 in Arlington.

Bank, I agree with what you say as it makes sense and is actually a safer play than hoping Hou wins 2 and using the hedge. GL

Back