MLB Tuesday 10/10

Wiretowire

Pretty much a regular
YTD +2240
1-0 last

No sense hammering away at this as I have said my piece. But I will say that anyone who thinks it was great pitching that held the Braves hitless for 5 innings and beat the Dodgers yet again is missing the reality of the situation. There should not be off days between games in the same city for TV ratings or any other reason period. And if you have awarded byes and days off for the better teams you better figure out what the impact is on those teams. It has a major effect on the outcome of these games, and it is actually a penalty for having had a great season.

All x50 each

Minn ML -130 - Gray is dealing and Javier can be either lights out or really hittable. I'm betting on hittable.
Balt ML +120 - Kremer is very solid although he does have bad days occasionally but I just don't trust Eovaldi and I think the birds get to him.

GL

I just started capping tomm games and I see that the Dodger last gasp rests on Lance Lynn winning in AZ? Goodbye LA you had another great season. GL

Good luck today Wire.

:cheers3:

Any lean on the totals? I took the Twinkies, their team total over 3*, and game total over 7*, unsure about the Rangers. Thinking about buying that down to 8* and going over there too...

I just started capping tomm games and I see that the Dodger last gasp rests on Lance Lynn winning in AZ? Goodbye LA you had another great season. GL

Lol. I knew he was starter before game 2, then Kershaw again gm4, had a feeling last night be to much pressure for them. Lynn will get Molly whopped!!

I agree Bank. Should get crushed. GL

Thanks Inzane. Here are my leans on totals but just leans I am not betting them.

Hou/Minn under 8 - Both good starters. Team total on Minn scares me because Javier can be lights out at times.
Balt/Texas under 9 - Tough call on this one. Probably buy this one up 1/2.

GL

Lol. I knew he was starter before game 2, then Kershaw again gm4, had a feeling last night be to much pressure for them. Lynn will get Molly whopped!!
As soon as Urias was suspended this was the case. Doyers have the worst starting pitching of the team’s remaining and it’s not even close. Not to mention Betts is 2 for his last 40. Crazy how fast things can change in baseball.
Wire, totally agree the break hurts these bye teams but in my eyes Wheeler was nasty last night, he’s been nasty for awhile. Braves were actually taking quality swings. Often times we see that launch angle swing that belongs on Pebble Beach.
I was surprised to see 9 for the total in the Texas game which makes me think someone is getting touched up. GL

Here’s a postseason stat. The top 5 teams with the best record were 0-8 going into yesterday. 2 of them already out, Tampa and Milwaukee. Atlanta’s win was the 1st win of the top 5 and with the Doyers loss, they’re now 1-9.
Kershaw ihas made 32 postseason starts and is 13-13 and a 4.5 era. That’s a pretty bad history for someone who has a season worth of postseason games.

Wise, I truly have no clue why LA picked up Lynn. I agree Wheeler was very good, but the bats still are silent after these huge breaks. No Surprise Kershaw has bad playoff numbers. Unreal stats for the best teams. Kind of makes you wonder if these assholes are intentionally paving the way for an underdog. It is no secret to players that days off hurt timing. And these days off in the playoffs are ridiculous. Could these MLB execs know what they are doing? Part of the hype of "Ain't baseball great again? See anyone can win!" GL

Wise, I truly have no clue why LA picked up Lynn. I agree Wheeler was very good, but the bats still are silent after these huge breaks. No Surprise Kershaw has bad playoff numbers. Unreal stats for the best teams. Kind of makes you wonder if these assholes are intentionally paving the way for an underdog. It is no secret to players that days off hurt timing. And these days off in the playoffs are ridiculous. Could these MLB execs know what they are doing? Part of the hype of "Ain't baseball great again? See anyone can win!" GL

I don’t think there a sinister plot to the whole thing they just wanted more playoff money and just started adding teams and changing things without much consideration, that baseball for you, they terrible at marketing, think like dinosaurs when it comes to new world problems, but then they just throw shit at a wall all Willy nilly and go with it when they do decide to act!

Far as dodgers go they were choking bums way before the new version where WC round is best of 3! They been regular season tigers playoff pussy cats for the last decade+!! I remember back when cards were good I was always hoping they drew the dodgers!! Only ring they got the goofy covid year with 60 games, neutral site playoffs, not real season. The only reason I even barely let that one count cause I think they prob woulda won the year Stros were stealing signs and crushing poor Yu Darvish cause they knew what he was throwing! Lol. If we being fair about it the Stros been winning their division forever and never get clipped by the WC winner so it not like we havnt seen favs have success, they favs every year and always seem to be playing past the divisional round, maybe not this year but their pitching isn’t as good.

All that said I do agree it’s not advantages for these teams to sit around while the WC going on but I dunno a great answer? Personally the best thing I can think of is to make this a 7 game series round, that way a hot team coming in and winning a game or even 2 doesn’t mean it’s over. Plenty of time for rested team to get the juices flowing and get back into the series. At the moment the only teams down 0-2 are notorious chokers and a very young Baltimore team I totally agree sitting around most likely hurt them. Braves got it going just in time to make this a series and it never seems to be a huge deal to the stros.

What you say is true Bank. LA has had trouble reaching the finish line. I also agree that 7 game series make sense. But no matter what they do don't go every other day. That shit is unheard of. Play consecutive when you are in that city and take a day off to move. We watch 15 games every day of the year and that means 8 in each time slot so following 4 games during the playoffs isn't hard. I just can't for the life of me figure why they went every other day. Is reruns of Big Bang Theory that important that you can't miss a day on TBS? GL

What you say is true Bank. LA has had trouble reaching the finish line. I also agree that 7 game series make sense. But no matter what they do don't go every other day. That shit is unheard of. Play consecutive when you are in that city and take a day off to move. We watch 15 games every day of the year and that means 8 in each time slot so following 4 games during the playoffs isn't hard. I just can't for the life of me figure why they went every other day. Is reruns of Big Bang Theory that important that you can't miss a day on TBS? GL
Only time they did the every other day thing was Sunday skipping the NL, not a bad business decision to only have 2 games up against the NFL juggernaut. Think the real issue is 3 game WC series and all won in 2, so there were already 2 off days for all 8 teams last Thursday and Friday on top of all the other time off for the top 4 seeds.

I'm not sure why they need a day off for travel anymore, teams play in two cities b2b days all the time.

Yea and I’m sure it what @KJ said, they were just ducking nfl w few games, I’m super happy there was baseball last night instead of that horrible football game but I agree how they achieved that sucked. I was annoyed the minute I saw all the games were starting Saturday, of course I hardly bet or paid a lick of attention, I love baseball and all but I ain’t skipping a ncaa football Saturday for it! They just not very bright is the problem, you would think ppl with all this money and power would be but I don’t think that the case! It is boarder line retarded that Braves and dodgers will have played 2 games in 10 days before 2marro games!

It is my observation that people with a lot of money and power aren't very bright. I guess they never have to deal with the day to day common sense of it all. They have someone else do it for them. GL

Back