MLB Tuesday 10/1

Wiretowire

Pretty much a regular
YTD +535
2-0 last

Thanks Pirate for the response. I appreciate it. GL

I was privileged to be a part of MLB for a few years back in the 70'S. I was always very proud of that. But I have also held MLB in contempt for years over their hypocrisy of Pete Rose. He bet on their precious sport while he was a manager never as a player. His on-field accomplishments were never allowed to be recognized by his rightful induction in the baseball Hall of Fame. He was the greatest hitter the game has ever seen yet he was denied acceptance. Never on performing enhancing drugs like most he did what he did by sheer talent. But he bet on baseball. And the height of MLB hypocrisy is that in almost every ball park in the country you can now place a bet on baseball. And a cut of those bets goes to MLB. I can't tell you how embarrassed I am for the sport I was once a part of. And how angry at them I am. But rest assured now that the legend is dead MLB will put him in the hall of fame where he belongs because even they know he always deserved it. But these small, little egocentric assholes didn't want to allow him the honor when he was alive because then they would be admitting they were wrong. Their refusal to put him in because he "Damaged the integrity of the game" was the biggest sin of all sports. And WHEN they do, soon, put him in the Hall his family should refuse to attend the ceremony. They should instead say publicly how horrible those hypocrites are and tell them all to go fuck themselves. Pete Rose was the greatest hitter of all time. Period. And if the greatest hitter of all time didn't belong in your hall of fame before he died then it should actually be called the Hall of Shame.

Series impressions overall:

Det/Hou - Detroit has been called the hottest team in baseball but they did lose their last two games to my old shitty team the White Sox. Houston has been fairly solid in the last month or so. With the exception of Skubal who goes today I see Houston with the overall starter advantage and the Astros also own the offensive advantage. Have to lean Houston to win this series but I have a special way to bet these early series, and I will come back later when all the odds are up to tell you about it.

KC/Balt - KC has played well of late but Balt has also played solid against what could be considered stiffer competition down the stretch. Ragans has been very solid, but Burnes has come into his own from a horrible start early in the season. Offensive edge goes to the Birds. I lean Balt to win this series.

Mets/MLW - The Mets have had trouble all year playing MLW especially in MLW. Severino has been off lately but Peralta has been very solid. Offensively they are about even but if the Mets bats come alive, they could surprise in this series. Have to lean MLW in this one but wouldn't be shocked if Mets pull it off.

Atl/SD - This is a tough series to call. On the surface I lean Atlanta, but they showed some very troubling signs yesterday when they had a Mets pitcher having thrown 90 pitches who was obviously out there to take one for the team saving their bullpen and the Braves hitters were swinging at the first pitch when they should have been waiting him out and then feasting on him. This matters because Atlanta seemed desperate and that is the opposite of how you play winning baseball. But my problem is Atlanta has an advantage in offense over the Padres. Frankly SD hasn't impressed me all year but Atlanta showed signs of cracking under the pressure so I would rather back the team who seems looser. Not sure who Braves will throw today but Kong has been very solid for SD recently. I give game 1 to SD and that puts pressure on Atl and they seem to be struggling right now with pressure.

Those were just my impressions and not my bets for today or for the series. I will come back in a little while with my bets but I don't want to lose all this typing, so I am posting this now. More to come.................. GL

Today's bets .....

All from BetMGM.

Parlays:

Det/Hou over 3 1/2 -550
LC/Balt over 3 1/2 -700
Mets/MLW over 3 1/2 -1000
Atl/SD over 3 1/2 -800

-60/+100

Det +2 1/2 -375
Balt +2 1/2 -550
MLW +2 1/2 -450
SD +2 1/2 -550

-50/+110

Now for that special series bet:

Detroit +1 1/2 games. -125/+50

This is a 3 game series so all you have to do is win 1 game during the series to cash this bet. I used to parlay the shit out of these, but BetMGM no longer allows me to do that. I wonder why? If you can get your book to give you a series parlay with +1 1/2 games take Detroit +1 1/2, Balt +1 1/2, MLW +1 1/2, and SD +1 1/2. Fuck the odds you will get at least even money on these 4 legs. Good hunting. GL

Today's bets .....

All from BetMGM.

Parlays:

Det/Hou over 3 1/2 -550
LC/Balt over 3 1/2 -700
Mets/MLW over 3 1/2 -1000
Atl/SD over 3 1/2 -800

-60/+100

Det +2 1/2 -375
Balt +2 1/2 -550
MLW +2 1/2 -450
SD +2 1/2 -550

-50/+110

Now for that special series bet:

Detroit +1 1/2 games. -125/+50

This is a 3 game series so all you have to do is win 1 game during the series to cash this bet. I used to parlay the shit out of these, but BetMGM no longer allows me to do that. I wonder why? If you can get your book to give you a series parlay with +1 1/2 games take Detroit +1 1/2, Balt +1 1/2, MLW +1 1/2, and SD +1 1/2. Fuck the odds you will get at least even money on these 4 legs. Good hunting. GL
I pray for Thursday baseball this week! I remember not getting one last year which is pretty unlikely for all 4 series to be swept. GL!

I pray for Thursday baseball this week! I remember not getting one last year which is pretty unlikely for all 4 series to be swept. GL!

Tigers have to win today imo but very doable w Skubal.

Think pads put Braves out their misery pretty quick, let’s face it this just wasn’t Braves year capped off with Sale coming up hurt last day of the year! If that wasn’t a fitting end to their season I dunno what it? Just so many injuries and pads are prob the best WC team on either side. Dont see this one making it.

Mets/milw should go 3

No clue with kc/o’s?

Thanks Cash. Always appreciated. GL

ADDING>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Series bets (singles)

Atlanta +1 1/2 games -250
KC +1 1/2 games -250
Mets +1 1/2 games -300

They did let me bet a parlay with series +1 1/2 games. That was a mistake on their part.

Det +1 1/2 games -250
Balt +1 1/2 games -500
Mets +1 1/2 games -300
Atl +1 1/2 games -250

-150/+450

GL

Last edited:
Thanks Bank. I agree Braves could be in trouble. I like Skubal today as well. I'm not sure about those other two series either but folks would shoot me if I didn't say something about them. GL

Thanks Bank. I agree Braves could be in trouble. I like Skubal today as well. I'm not sure about those other two series either but folks would shoot me if I didn't say something about them. GL

I played muts today but it really more cause I been waiting a month to fade milw, I’d have been much happier if this was zona here. I don’t have a lot of confidence in muts just sticking to my story that milw is mostly here thanks to winning what was easily the worst div in baseball. Muts could be spent? I do think they have the better lineup. Dont think either starter is incredibly trustworthy.

Tough to pass Skubal who I think the best pitcher in baseball getting that kind of plus money. Not real sure how the hell tigers score but they been finding ways. Once again I’d been way happier to see tigers in balty but of course they draw the best playoff team the last decade! They gotta win today to have any chance, they just don’t have much in way of starting pitching after Skubal, don’t blame them for trading Flaherty and I wouldn’t trust him in playoffs anyways but I sure would like their chances more with another legit starting pitcher. The matchup the problem tho, Stros have a good pen also so it just hard to find advantages for the young tigers.

I think o’s got the best matchup possible for them, kc is really the only offense I trust balry starters to have success against. Neither has played great down the stretch tho. We don’t really have the super hot WC team coming in outside of tigers I guess and just think tigers got the worst of the matchups as Stros wouldn’t be in the WC if not for all the injuries and slow start, now they mostly healthy tho and just so much experience winning these series.

Braves really shouldn’t be here and if Mets didn’t gift wrap them that 2nd game yesterday they be home. I really think pads smash them quick.

ADDING>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Might as well back all the home teams to win 1 game in the series.

Series Parlay:

Houston +1 1/2 games -450
Balt +1 1/2 games -500
MLW +1 1/2 games -400
SD +1 1/2 games -550

-150/+325

GL

Mets been having bad luck against MLW all year. Agree on better offense though. There's the problem with Tigers, how have they been scoring? I think the Braves can win 1 in this series, but I was sweating when they were swinging for the fences against a guy who was exhausted. GL

Mets been having bad luck against MLW all year. Agree on better offense though. There's the problem with Tigers, how have they been scoring? I think the Braves can win 1 in this series, but I was sweating when they were swinging for the fences against a guy who was exhausted. GL

I really wish Mets wouldn’t have laid down gm2 but was the smart move, regardless of the past games I still much rather play milw than had to go to San Diego tonight. Think life would have been so much easier if snakes were playing brewers, mets in sd, and braves at home!

Back