MLB Thursday 9/28

Wiretowire

Pretty much a regular
YTD +2045
1-1 last

Miami ML -130 -65/+50 - Only thing I could find on this card with the exception of Minn should beat Oak but I think Minn just clinched and even I don't like risking -240 if a team might sit some players.

GL

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the Wildcard series. Not sure what MLB was thinking having 4 games starting on Tuesday and Wednesday with possibly 4 IF games on Thursday. Completely screws over fans on the west coast unless we’re taking these days off. Last year they started these series on Friday and ended it on Sunday. The perfect 3 day weekend.
Having said that, these Wildcard teams aren’t very compelling. GL

Thanks Inzzane. I appreciate it. GL

I will look at all that on Monday after all is decided Wise. MLB has never had the fans in mind. Also, no doubt they suffered embarrassing numbers last year as those playoffs on the weekend had to compete with college and pro football. Probably a wake up call for those morons when they saw no one really watched MLB during football even if it was the expanded playoffs. No football competition on Tuesday and Wednesday. If the owners weren't so arrogant they would have thought about that before last years wild card playoffs. They learned their lesson despite desperately trying to convince everyone all year that baseball was much more exciting now with their new rules. Funny as hell when you really think about it. GL :rofl:

Thanks Inzzane. I appreciate it. GL

I will look at all that on Monday after all is decided Wise. MLB has never had the fans in mind. Also, no doubt they suffered embarrassing numbers last year as those playoffs on the weekend had to compete with college and pro football. Probably a wake up call for those morons when they saw no one really watched MLB during football even if it was the expanded playoffs. No football competition on Tuesday and Wednesday. If the owners weren't so arrogant they would have thought about that before last years wild card playoffs. They learned their lesson despite desperately trying to convince everyone all year that baseball was much more exciting now with their new rules. Funny as hell when you really think about it. GL :rofl:
Agree. They’re still starting all 4 divisional playoffs on Saturday and then splitting the NL & AL game 2 over Sunday & Monday. Either plan they’re still dealing with football in October. I think the real problem lies with the expanded playoff format and having non compelling teams. Seattle, Tampa, Arizona and Miami don’t necessarily create a postseason vibe. The other thing we miss out on is each teams home crowd. Cubs getting a home day game if they make the Wildcard won’t happen. Looks most likely we’re getting the Rays home park. I don’t know. I’m all for more postseason games as long as we’re getting quality teams. There should almost be a cut like they have in golf. Gotta have at least 90 wins are you’re not in and format it from there.

Back