MLB Thursday 9/24

Wiretowire

Pretty much a regular
YTD +129
0-2 last

Rant.......

OK these baseball games have been somewhat entertaining and reasonably profitable for a cute little exhibition season but you start to piss off the purist in me when you start talking MVP. Really? MVP of little more than spring training? WOW! Never seen so much hype for so little sports and I used to watch pro wrestling. MVP after 60 games. Might as well make that the clubhouse manager. And Cy Young for 60 games? Talk about watering down that prestigious award. Will the supposed winner even have won 10 games in the whole "regular season" Not likely. And don't get me started on the "Batting Title". Will they even have had 200 plate appearances? Come to think of it what happened to all the .400 hitting bullshit? Oh yeah that was after only 20 games wasn't it? Just like every year there are now less than 25 (23) players even hitting .300. That won't go up if you actually play 102 more games. These tulips stop guessing and start hitting and that could go up but those days are long over.

I get it. They did the best they could under the circumstances. Frankly, I am quite surprised they even finished the season. For that MLB should be commended. But don't even think about comparing it to a real season. World series winner? After everyone, (ok half the teams but it might as well be everyone) made the playoffs? I am so incredibly rooting for a shit team to win it all. That would be Toronto at 29-27, or Houston at 28-28 (don't tell me how great they are because they have the Dusty Baker factor that makes them shit) or Reds at 29-28 or St Louis at 27-26 or Marlins at 28-28 or Giants at 28-27. That means 6 of the total 16 playoff teams are at .500 or one game over and they think this will be a GREAT!!!!!!! playoff for the world champion. You know one or both of the teams in the world series will be those shit teams. WOO HOO won't that be exciting? Jesus wept.

Sorry. Had to be said.

All x10 overs -140 unders -130

Cubs/Pitt under 9 1/2
CHW/Cle over 7

GL

Thanks Cash. Good number bought down to 7. Keuchel only went 4 innings and allowed 4 hits and 3 walks. That’s a lot. I think plesac will be hittable and as I recall he went into deep counts to most hitters in his last. If Sox are patient they can score. Both pens in play by 6th I think. Only need 3-3 to not get hurt. Actually think one team will get 8 for me as a hunch. GL

Back