MLB - Thursday 9/18

GameHunter

Pretty much a regular
thebaseball.gif
SEASON RECORD: 563-551, +71.8495 Higueras

thebaseball.gif
YESTERDAY: 3-4, -0.950 units

Learned a harsh lesson yesterday. Umpire information posted is not always accurate and I went from having a 21-9 UNDER umpire to a 18-12 OVER umpire in the Arizona game. Ouch!

PIRATES +120 (1.75 UNITS) - Paul Maholm has been outstanding but flies under the radar. In 11 of his last 14 starts he has thrown at least 6 innings and allowed 2 or less runs. He is 7-2 at home (I believe the Pirates are 11-3 in his home starts) with a 3.32 ERA. In Kershaw's last 5 starts, he has tossed 23.3 innings and allowed 25 hits, 18 earned runs (6.94 ERA) with 11 walks. In his last 3 road starts he has thrown 12.3 innings and allowed 16 hits and 12 earned runs. 10th straight road game for the Dodgers and they fly back after the game to LA.

BREWERS +222 (1.5 UNITS) - Yes, Rich Harden has been spectacular but this line is ridiculous. Harden is a bit out of rhythm having pitched only twice since August 24th and in those two starts he threw 5 and 6 innings respectively. The Cubs are babying him before the playoffs and certainly won't overuse him here. If you can get a solid 5-6 innings from Bush, you could have the lead or it could end up a battle of pens and you get better than 2:1 odds. In Bush's last 8 starts, he has thrown 53 innings and allowed 45 hits, 19 earned runs (3.04 ERA) with a 29:15 K:BB rate. 7 of those 8 starts were quality starts and he really has been inducing a high rate of ground balls. Anyone laying it here, should have their head examined regardless of outcome.

WHITE SOX +132 (1.5 UNITS) - Mussina has had a great season but he is slightly tailing off. In his last 7 starts, he has thrown 46 innings and allowed 53 hits and 23 earned runs (4.50 ERA). Dye, Pierzinski and Thome have all hit him hard during his career. Vazquez has been sharp his last three. He has thrown 19.7 innings and allowed 13 hit, 4 earned runs (1.83 ERA) with an 18:6 K:BB ratio. Good price for a game where the pitching might slightly lean towards the Sox and the motivation is all on their side.

SAN FRANCISCO -101 (1.5 UNITS) - Lincecum looks to wrap up the Cy Young and I'm biting.

OAKLAND +108 (1.5 UNITS) - Can't wait to see the watered down product the Angels throw out on the field today. They could care less right now.

Great looking card GH....I'm tailing you today bro. Let's have a 4-1 day and cash the big dog!! 'an_horse'

GH, im not sure about that motivation you speak of at yankees stadium. This is moose's last start there... Im like 95% sure that his team wants to win it for this vet.

All good GH, let's get these last 2 and salvage a 2-3 day. May need to lay a double play on Timmy the Kid.

I feel for you GH

0-5....

I wish i had a dollar for every day I had an early game " locked up" only to get the cash ripped out of my hand.

Every time that happens, I also have a bad day.

Good luck tomorrow

Tough to swallow:

2 extra inning, 1 run losses ( one a +222 dog, leading by 4, with 2 outs in the ninth )

and another one run loss

I got owned too, had a huge bet on Philly RL...didn't come through.

we'll bounce back :shake:

Back