MLB - Thursday 8/14

GameHunter

Pretty much a regular
Yesterday: -0.7675 units

I truly appreciate the warm welcomes yesterday. I am really impressed with the quality of the forum and information provided and look forward to contributing and helping on another.

I provide my information with the understanding that what I write is EXACTLY what I play at the EXACT lines I play at. I play mostly at Matchbook, which I recommend to anyone looking to maximize their efficiency and bankroll, so if you do not play at a reduced juice shop, the lines I play at will likely be better than the ones you get.

Took a tough one on the chin yesterday with the Phillies. Awesome call by JWK who played the Phils for the first 5 innings.

OVER BALT/CLEVE 10.5 (-119) (2 UNITS) - Zach Jackson gets the surprising call up for the Tribe to replace Paul Byrd. Jackson, a 25 year old lefthander, was a throw in for the Tribe in the CC Sabathia deal. In three years in the Brewers chain, he showed limited stuff with PERA's that far exceeded his ERA. He was pummeled in Triple A in Nashville earlier this season. In 57.3 innings at Nashville, he allowed 81 hits and 54 runs, had an ERA of 7.85 with a 34:18 K:BB ratio. He has looked a bit better at Triple A Buffalo where in 26.7 innings he has allowed 25 hits, 13 runs, a 4.05 ERA and 20:5 K:BB ratio. However, in his last two starts, he has tossed just 10 innings and allowed 16 hits and 10 earned runs (9.00 ERA). The O's are 21-8 OVER against lefties this season and have gone over their last 9 starts against left handers and have averaged 6.78 runs in those 9 games. Their record against lefties is 11-20 and leads people to think they struggle against southpaws, but those numbers are very misleading. They average 5.2 runs per game against lefties overall (more than half a run more than against righties) and are hitting .285 against lefties (more than 25 points higher than against righties). In their last 16 games, their hit totals are: 10, 17, 12, 6, 16, 10, 11, 10, 9, 8, 15, 14, 14, 9, 10 and 12 for an average of 11.44 per game. Betcrimes1984 has provided great insight with his information that: Baltimore has gone 67 games without posting consecutive Under results. They are 44-19-4 to Over during this period, and are 16-0-2 to Over off their last 18 Under results." August 8th and 9th was a close call to that streak as both games landed 10 and 10.5's were available on both games although some 10 minus juice was available. With Wednesday's UNDER, Thursday falls into the back-to-back trend. Daniel Cabrera comes in off one of his best starts of the season, but in his 4 prior starts, he tossed 23 innings and allowed 31 hits, 22 earned runs and 11 walks. In his last 39.7 innings, he has allowed 24 walks. Marvin Hudson will be behind the plate tomorrow. Hudson has one of the lowest strike percentages in the majors at 61.3% and averages 8.4 walks per game. Cabrera could struggle with Hudson's strike zone.

KANSAS CITY +157 (1.75 UNITS) - Lance Broadway is a Tommy John surgery survivor who has limited upside. His fastball hits high 80's at best and he relies on a changeup and curve ball. He is a run of the mill spot starter who I doubt will have much of a MLB career. In his last 8 Triple A starts, he tossed 42 innings and allowed 60 hits, 37 earned runs and had a 36:17 K:BB ratio. He showed the same longitudinal trends last year where he tailed off in dramatically towards August, which shouldn't shock anyone when dealing with a Tommy John surgery recoveree who is approaching 140 innings tossed for the season. While Kyle Davies is no world-beater, Lance Broadway has no business laying this type of chalk against any major league pitcher. Davies will not dominate anyone and struggled in his last start with control, but in his last 6 starts, he has been competetive and has not yielded more than 3 runs. In his two starts against the White Sox this season, he has lasted into the 6th in both starts, and allowed 3 runs in each game.

CUBS -135 (1.5 UNITS) - Maybe I am stepping into a trap but I don't understand this line. Tom Glavine will be making his first start off the DL and clearly won't go deep into the game. The Braves' pen is a complete horror show, is overused and is the equivalent of a Triple A pen at best. The Cubs' have a huge bullpen advantage and Carlos Marmol is well rested. Meanwhile, Ted Lilly is coming off 5 consecutive quality starts. In those 5 starts, he has thrown 32.7 innings and allowed 32 hits, 10 earned runs (2.76 ERA) with a 25:11 K:BB ratio. The Cubs crush lefties with a 23-11 record, averaging 6.3 runs per game and with a .287 average. Ramirez and Soriano have strong success off Glavine. Atlanta is nothing special against lefties with a 16-22 record averaging 4.4 runs per game. The Cubs are 36-13 when favored between -125 and -175 this season. I will take the bait and lay the wood.

UNDER SF/HOU 9 RUNS (-103) (0.75 UNITS)
UNDER SF/HOU 1ST 5 INNS 5 (-102) (0.75 UNITS)

UNDER METS/WASH 8.5 RUNS (-114) (1.25 UNITS)

PHILADELPHIA +118 1ST 5 INNINGS (1.25 UNITS)

Cubs were tempting for me, but as a Brewer fan I'm hoping they lose. Wasn't thrilled with the pitching staff and the double header yesterday ruined what I felt shaped up to be a solid series to wager.

Good value on the Philly 1st 5 innings, that pen has been blowing a lot of games lately.

In terms of Cleveland, I wouldn't be shocked if Jackson gave up the total himself. He doesn't belong in the majors. Thought when the Brewers got him from the Blue Jays in the Overbay deal he was the real thing, now wish they'd have gotten McGowan. Anyways, Jackson doesn't have the out pitch to put hitters away and he should get hammered. My biggest play today.

Good luck with the card.

GL GH. As you saw last night, Betcrimes starts a thread to look at the next day's games and many people chime in to give opinions. That's a thread I think you can give alot of great info like some of the others do.

Game-

Sounds to me like the KC/CWS over may be worth a try. Davies is bound to give up some runs and if Broadway comes out as bad as we're hoping then how does this game not become an offensive affair? What you think?

Game-

Sounds to me like the KC/CWS over may be worth a try. Davies is bound to give up some runs and if Broadway comes out as bad as we're hoping then how does this game not become an offensive affair? What you think?
Hey MW. :shake:

Iassogna behind the plate has some strong under trends but he has been somewhat neutral on results. Check out Shortline's umpire thread. I love that thread and chart.

Definitely will consider the OVER. I got so excited about taking 60 cents against Lance Broadway that I didn't even focus on it. It seems like a good recommendation. Thanks. 'an_horse'

Love the emoticons here!

What's up GH! Wish you woulda came a long time ago when I told you but hey, better late then never. :cheers: Good luck, I'm on a few your picks.

make sure you are in the in game thread during the LAD game tonight :36_11_6:

Thanks for the invite....will be tied up with the "Mrs." tonight....I could've used a thread like that last night to vent after Garciaparra's walkoff. LOL

Thanks Satyr.

I'll try to be. I'll tell you how it goes though. The Phillies get an early lead, we start cursing the Dodgers, they chip away at the lead of the Phillies, then somebody out of the blue like Nomar comes thru when least expected. :cheers:

Also you were right about that Argentine team. They did win convincingly. They have a pretty good squad.

What's up GH! Wish you woulda came a long time ago when I told you but hey, better late then never. :cheers: Good luck, I'm on a few your picks.

Finally grew a bit tired of the juvenile behavior there which trickles down from the top. :shake:

Finally grew a bit tired of the juvenile behavior there which trickles down from the top. :shake:

I feel you. Even FE and a bunch of others finally saw the light. It's good that everybody is gettng along here. They don't allow bashing which is a good thing........we can all concentrate on kicking our bookie's asses. :shake:

Goodluck GameHunter. I always stayed out your threads in the box due to the juvenile behavior. I am trying to get some good ones over here. I told Thatsagoodone to email me.I was going to tell him about here. I know he follows your plays.

Thanks for the invite....will be tied up with the "Mrs." tonight....I could've used a thread like that last night to vent after Garciaparra's walkoff. LOL

Thanks Satyr.

I actually said that to cogenman since we've ended up following every Dodger game in the last couple of days staying up late :36_11_6: but you are very welcome to drop by, the more the merrier in the in game thread.
btw
Some great capping this season as well GH, I read your threads back at the other site, didn't post as I don't have a username there for years now, but it was impressive how you turned the season around, mine picked up in a similar way even though we rarely ended up on the same games, some solid capping there.

May it long continue :shake:

and yeah, do drop by in the in game thread :smiley_acbe:

I like Philly to bounce back today.

I couldn't resist Peavy at home at even money.

Again, glad to have you aboard, I think you will like the CFB forum.

You won't hear any crap from the posters over here. A great bunch of players.

:13_1_102v:

Any late additions to the card?

I think I will stay pat...not looking like a good day although thanks for the good thoughts on the KC/White Sox over.....I picked up some minor spoils for some bad handicapping.....KC's offense is missing in action!

Wow, even GH has flown the coupe, didn't like staying in the box the rest of your time there, huh?

GL on your plays.

Seems to be fun ribbing here, not the flat out anger hatred like at blankets.

Thanks Satyr.

Tie her up all by herself GH , and do whatever you want to tonight. lol

GL tonight.........:shake:

good to see you over here GH.

Mets tells me you have had some great Fridays.

Here hoping for a perfect card today :cheers:

Back