MLB Thursday 7/23

Wiretowire

Pretty much a regular
No record YTD yet

I don't normally bet spring training games (you and others are calling it the 2020 regular season) but this seems to be the only option so far this year. But first a rant..........

As I have said in an earlier post don't get attached to this baseball as I don't see it lasting more than 4-5 weeks. But that could be wrong because I think they changed the automatic 14 DL testing positive rule. (no problem for you correcting this or any other thing I get wrong as I just don't follow this stuff until the real games start) But one thing I know is true. The morons who run this sport still miss the mark. They think rule changes will speed up the game. The only rule change needed for that is make between innings 2 minutes not 4 or 5 minutes for commercials. In the real old days. A TV game had the play by play announcers doing the commercial live while you looked at the players warming up on the field. When the catcher threw the ball down to second base the commercial ended and the game resumed. When the players were ready the game resumed. Players didn't wait for the TV to come back. But that made the average time for a MLB 1 hour and 45 minutes back then. Always. Some even came in at an hour and a half. Always. Now I'll bet they add another minute at least to the break since they don't get fans in the stands. Now wait for TV games to start at 7 and end at 10:30 for a non extra inning game. Oops that was the last few years. Will be 10:45 now. And making a reliever pitch to at least 3 batters won't speed up shit. Stupid.

But then I think it's really stupid to even play this so called season. Ah well. on we go

Yankees/Wash over 7 x 10 units

Really can't logically expect either starter to go more than 6 innings. Then each reliever goes at least 3 batters even when he is having a really bad day. By the way look for managers to use the intentional walk so relievers don't really have to face more than two batters. Will probably happen when the reliever comes in with runners on 2nd and 3rd. Instead of the leaving pitcher walking the bags full the reliever will start his turn walking one so the manager only has to keep him in to really only face two batters since he walks the first guy. Throw in runner starts each extra inning on second base for all teams and scoring could be often. This one sails over 7.

I would love to see Earl Weaver trying to kick dirt on an umpire from 6 feet away. Pay good money to see that. GL:rofl:

Great to see you back you old geezer! I was getting worried about you considering which generation this virus has been attacking. Lol.
The launch angle and fouling off a hundred fastballs down the middle a game is also contributing mightily to the lengthy games. We've got to embrace what we're given. No sports for half a year is gonna make February look like a cakewalk. Baseball has a great chance to be the vehicle to some normalcy albeit for only 3 months. Hoping for an NY vs LA World Series.

Wire, I do want to say that I somehow missed your post regarding your health. Please forgive me if you took offense to my reply in this thread. Strokes are no joke. Good health to you, however there is something that tells me you wouldn't mind catching up with Bloodhound who is drinking his Wild Turkey and capping Alabama. Miss that guy. All the best

thanks BAR GL

No problem wise last stroke was mild and over a year ago so I am still around to piss people off. Had carotid surgery to fix that one. Lost some sight in my right eye but Blood always said I could never see winners so no problem. And for the record I don’t know why people say Blood used to cap anything. He just called his book and bet the shit out of Atlanta and bama. Not sure he even looked at the spread. Miss that old fucker. GL

Back