MLB Thursday 6/27

Wiretowire

Pretty much a regular
YTD +1430
1-0 last

Thanks Cash. Truth be told, I had no idea Maris wasn't in the hall of fame. That is truly a tragedy. Yet they trotted his wife and family out when Judge was trying to break his AL HR record. Maris family should have told MLB to go fuck themselves.

As for Pete Rose, I have always thought they should have put him in, but the MLB little pricks felt insulted that he didn't kiss their ass and show remorse. The fuckers. They keep him out for the "integrity" of the game. I wonder if that is the same integrity MLB talks about when they let Houston keep their title after cheating. Of course they will say that wasn't so bad but they also thought it bad enough that they changed the entire way pitch signals would be sent from the catcher to pitcher so it never happened again. But I guess it wasn't so bad. As for the gambling, it's ok if MLB approves it because they get a cut of the action by allowing those sites to sponsor MLB. And of course performance enhancing drugs aren't in the discussion when MLB fondly remembers how Sosa and McGuire saved their sport with that HR competition one year never mind they were jacked on steroids. And they will be the first to scream but we didn't put them in the hall of fame for that!!!!! Failing to mention that Pete Rose was the best hitter in baseball ever and he did it through talent not drugs. But he gambled, as a manager not player, so that is a sin as Draftkings is the official MLB sponsor.

The real shame of Rose is I guarantee that they will put him in the HOF after he dies because the small minded easily insulted assholes don't want to give him the satisfaction while he is alive because he called them on their gambling hypocrisy to their faces.

All x50 each

Atlanta ML -300 - Yes, I know but you don't pay the juice when you win. I wonder why the books put those high odds on these kind of games. And if you want to bet this Atlanta -1 1/2 runs (even that is Atlanta -1 1/2 -170) to lessen the odds, please call me. I will always book all those bets for you.

NYY/Toronto over 8 - Yes, I'm buying off the hook. Rodon and Berrios look good if you go by their names, but both have been crushed in their last two starts. I figure one team goes off and could cover this 8 by themselves.

GL

I forgot to mention I once told Bloodhound when the odds are that high on a game, instead of walking away bet half your normal amount. He loved that. GL

Wire any concerns with Atlanta playing a double header then traveling to play White Sox. I know they suck but any concern on early game hangover?

Agree on Pete Rose and he definitely should be in, now more so than ever due to the landscape of society, but he does get annoying if you've been around him for a time. For several years ,He was signing autographs several days a week at the sports memorabilia shop in Mandalay Bay shops in Vegas. People line up to hear him talk and get autographs, you can hear him outside the shop. He would come to the high limit parlor on some of his breaks in Mandalay and sat and played blackjack at a table i was at for a few, with Grant Cardone (another annoying prick who sells real estate and seminars). Pete yacked it up for an hour until he was beeing buzzed by the shop, they were mad he was late again. Grant and Pete were both so full of themselves and Grant seemed to ask his assistant at one point "who's this guy?" (talking about Pete Rose).
Later Saw him a few more times during my months in vegas usually playing blackjack and everytime I saw him he always just beat his chest about how he could still hit a 98 mph fastball at age 70, was full of his greatness and loved to hear himself talk. First time I met Pete was about 1990, i was a kid but Pete was visiting Durham (Bulls) to watch his son Pete Rose Jr play for Frederick Keys in the Carolina League, back then Single A. My buddy and coach at the time Grady Little introduced me to Pete Sr before the game, got his autograph on my Durham Bulls hat. Interestingly it was Joe Morgan (Durham Bulls first MLB Hall of Famer!) appreciation night so I got a ball signed by him and Pete later. Grady explained that he met Pete after he got out of the Marines after 'Nam and was granted a workout with the Reds. He later ended up with the Yanks and Braves. The whole time Pete hyped his son up as the next coming of himself but that never materialized. My father always said Pete Rose really was the 2nd coming of Ty Cobb, the sharpest of hitters, base stealers with the highest Baseball IQ, but pompous and self righteous bitter bullies in their personal life.

I love both plays as well, think we see a lot of runs in Toronto, and hopefully Atlanta wins 10-1 to cover and go over. Good luck.

Thanks Inzane. I appreciate the response as always. GL

Thanks Pirate. Interesting stuff. I have heard Rose was an egotistical guy and I did see him doing autographs at Caesars in Vegas several years back but he still is one of the best hitters baseball has even seen. GL

It's a good point Dodgers but Chad Kuhl is just getting thrown a bone by getting this start. He has been their "This game is over so go out there and save the pen" guy when they are way behind with 4 or more innings to go. But he really isn't very good and if the Braves can't beat him tired or not even at home in Chicago then there's something wrong. Even the books are trying desperately to scare everyone away. A visiting team no matter how good they are and how bad the home team is are never more than -200 favorites. They are -350 on the road right now. Anything can happen because it's baseball but if anything when a bookie SCREAMS run away at me I always bet what they are trying to scare me off of. GL

And if your normal unit is $50 bet $25 on that game then even if you lose you lose $75 which isn't much higher than what you would have lost betting $50 on a "normal" odds game. Or take the bet down to $20 then a loss is $60 and that's right on what normal odds are. No matter what it still protects your bankroll if the unreal happens, but you still have action on a good bet. GL

Back