MLB - Thursday 4/11

GameHunter

Pretty much a regular
SEASON: 37-27, +17.951 Units
YESTERDAY: 4-2-1, +2.795 Units

Hopefully all the bad beats even out in the end and I received a nice present yesterday on the push in the LAD/SD total. With two outs in the B9 with the score 4-2 and 1st and 3rd, Brandon League gets the third out on a strike out to seemingly end the game, but the catcher doesn't handle the pitch and it rolls to the backstop and the runner makes it to first and the runner on 3rd scores to make it 4-3. I'll take it as I have had some tough bad beats early this season.

So yesterday I made my first post in a long time on the "Blanket's" site, which many of us have traveled, and I immediately got stalked by this long time hater, Sparty444. He bashes the heck out of me for no reason and unprovoked and reminded me of what is wrong with that place. The guy has been there for 8 years, nobody there seems to like him and the last thread he created on Sunday about baseball had no posts other than him talking to himself. He has stalked me dozens of times in the past with nothing but attacks and jealousy. So his premise was that I am an "attention wh&re," which in a way, aren't we all "attention wh&res" otherwise, what's the sense of posting on a message board if you don't want attention? So I took it out of the forums and sent him a private message to settle it. He turns around, posts my private message in the public forums and answers it there for everyone to see yet he calls me the "attention wh&re." LOSER! So I thought he took the award for loser of the day but then I read a story online of a man in China who put an eel up his anus and it chewed through his colon and got lodged in a body cavity and had to be removed and, although it was close, I now realize Sparty444 isn't the biggest loser out there. LOL

I am so glad this forum is run the way a forum should be and is so much friendlier with guys trying to help one another.

One final note; what a crazy story that someone sent an actual head of a goat to the President of the Chicago Cubs. Kind of reminds me of the scene in the "Godfather" with the horse's head.

UNDER TOR/DET 1ST 5 INNS 4 RUNS (-115) (1 UNIT)

TORONTO +127 (1.25 UNITS)

CLEVELAND +105 (1.25 UNITS)

WHITE SOX +144 (1.25 UNITS)

OVER TEX/SEA 7 RUNS (-110) (1.25 UNITS)

ANGELS -126 (1 UNIT)

Since some people have asked, plays are always with listed pitchers!!! They have changed pitchers in this Yankee/Cleve game multiple times and I hear Hughes is battling the flu, so make sure it is Hughes vs. McAllister.

Last edited:
Most of us here at CTG have started at 'blankets' but grew tired of the immature bullshit that goes on there. The best thing about CTG is the mods/partners don't put up with the stupid lame bullshit. I remember when they unjustly put you in the box because the mods there had it out for you. Stay away from that place. Nothing but headaches there.

Anyways, GL on your plays today.

GH pls don't post over there. Those clowns will get in ur head and distract you. Lol. Keep it up. It's pretty windy here in southeast Michigan today. Like that under 1st 5.

Although I have never been a member at Blankets..i have been to the site a few time to find the impressive dilaudid8's picks, and that site just seems full of bull shit. Anyways...i'm glad you are over here and I enjoy your threads a lot!

Thanks and BOL! :shake:

Most of us here at CTG have started at 'blankets' but grew tired of the immature bullshit that goes on there. The best thing about CTG is the mods/partners don't put up with the stupid lame bullshit. I remember when they unjustly put you in the box because the mods there had it out for you. Stay away from that place. Nothing but headaches there.

Well stated. I was here at CTG from the start or pretty close. Much better people here. Blankets is like A ball. Lots if rookies

blankets = unlimited bankroll's and yacht owners
CTG = making money and dating supermodels

You will like this place GH! The mods/partners and members here are top notch!

I'm new to all this, but that place sounds awful. Keep up the good work GH, and don't forget about the T9 2 outs present from Baltimore too!

Played WS but also played WS first 5. Haren is the big attraction I think. GL

Ya I'm over on that site sometimes, and there's only about 5 people that are worth anything to be honest. I got your name from HappyCap, and really appreciate ya GH. I'm trying to build a bankroll up for football season, then ill prob head over here and post....bc those guys over there are BRUTAL and most are sad.
I know little about baseball, football is my life. But you're making this baseball season entertaining. Much respect GH

Thanks A!

I randomly was reading and came across someone mentioning the reasons I left so I politely chimed in and then that idiot went on one of his attacks like I was peeing in his living room. LOL

GH pls don't post over there. Those clowns will get in ur head and distract you. Lol. Keep it up. It's pretty windy here in southeast Michigan today. Like that under 1st 5.

LOL. I didn't start a thread there...just chimed in about someone talking about why I left.

blankets = unlimited bankroll's and yacht owners
CTG = making money and dating supermodels

You will like this place GH! The mods/partners and members here are top notch!

Thx Wiz! I've been here for a while...always liked the place! And don't be down on yacht owners. Vanzack's (who I really do like) yacht is really nice and has tons of supermodels!

Thanks A!

I randomly was reading and came across someone mentioning the reasons I left so I politely chimed in and then that idiot went on one of his attacks like I was peeing in his living room. LOL

Haven't yet checked out the thread over at Blankets (and probably won't) but it sounds like your stalker did nothing but back up the reason(s) you gave for leaving there. You probably could just quote his posts to you and say "this is the reason I left."

Although I have never been a member at Blankets..i have been to the site a few time to find the impressive dilaudid8's picks, and that site just seems full of bull shit. Anyways...i'm glad you are over here and I enjoy your threads a lot!

Thanks and BOL! :shake:

Thanks. It was fun there a while ago but it is poorly moderated with a lot of bashing, definitely some racist comments and a bunch of immature posters.

Thanks. It was fun there a while ago but it is poorly moderated with a lot of bashing, definitely some racist comments and a bunch of immature posters.

I love how they're trying to moderate language and "sexy" avatars over there, yet the racism & just general immaturity still runs rampant.

What was Gurv doing in China?

GL today. Agree with thedegenerate .... distractions are bad and even if you think you can juggle it ... it invariably just takes time away that you can be using to either make more money or do something you enjoy. Blankets will help ya get twitter followers but they won't help you make money or really improve the quality of your day....though networking is probably the most important thing in the gambling business.

Anyway... great start and gl today

Ya I'm over on that site sometimes, and there's only about 5 people that are worth anything to be honest. I got your name from HappyCap, and really appreciate ya GH. I'm trying to build a bankroll up for football season, then ill prob head over here and post....bc those guys over there are BRUTAL and most are sad.
I know little about baseball, football is my life. But you're making this baseball season entertaining. Much respect GH

Welcome! Some of the guys over there hate the guys that garner respect and develop a following and they become jealous, especially this guy Sparty who pretty much is a nobody there for 8 years and the only way he gets attention is to attack guys who are respected. HappyCap is good people and knows his hockey! GL in baseball. I'm streaky and cant' guarantee a profit but so far, so good. There r some great guys here. SportsNut, Tuck, Shorty, NBAfan, GWarner and so many others...we need to pump up that daily baseball discussion thread!

GL today. Agree with thedegenerate .... distractions are bad and even if you think you can juggle it ... it invariably just takes time away that you can be using to either make more money or do something you enjoy. Blankets will help ya get twitter followers but they won't help you make money or really improve the quality of your day....though networking is probably the most important thing in the gambling business.

Thanks...I haven't started a thread there in a long time....it's just not worth the hassle.

This.

that was me that mentioned you there game.. HeyRube.. they boxed me for it... im done over there. this place is the best around.. a lot more info here and a lot less BS.. good luck today. :thumbsup2:

Sup hustle_man? How you be? How bout that Kobe Bryant last night? Lol

Sorry GH, not tryin to hijack your thread. GL today.

GH- ditto, definitely appreciate all the work you do and insight you share.

Looking back at today's game- Much has been made of average fastball velocity being down for #1 starter types of late; Verlander, Weaver, CC, Felix, Halladay, and now Johnson. Looking at his splits his tendency is to start strong and then fade at the end of the year- career April ERA a full run lower (2.94) than Sept/Oct (3.93). Could be that he's used to pitching in Miami and he couldn't get going on a cold day in Detroit. Or maybe he's really got something wrong.

GH- ditto, definitely appreciate all the work you do and insight you share.

Looking back at today's game- Much has been made of average fastball velocity being down for #1 starter types of late; Verlander, Weaver, CC, Felix, Halladay, and now Johnson. Looking at his splits his tendency is to start strong and then fade at the end of the year- career April ERA a full run lower (2.94) than Sept/Oct (3.93). Could be that he's used to pitching in Miami and he couldn't get going on a cold day in Detroit. Or maybe he's really got something wrong.

Hey JK!

Tough to say. Pitching in the AL is different than pitching in the NL. Hanrahan found out last night against Balt. Johnson had no command today. The cold couldn't have helped. Gong to have to take a wait and see approach.

LOL at "blankets". I go there once in a while for purely entertainment purposes.

Keep up the excellent work, GH.

Hey GH long time no see...I dunno if u remember me (die hard yankees fan, poker player) from covers but I was always one of ur long time supporters and followers during baseball season and I was always checking around and couldn't find much from you on covers anymore, for obvious reasons (people on there are out of control with the hypocrisy and the bashing). I finally located you on twitter and then followed to here. Seems like your back at it as usual I like most of your picks. I've started doing more baseball research lately and really tried to mimic some of youre ways. Always appreciate everything you share, hope the season goes well ill contribute anything I think might be useful. Good luck man.

Thanks for joining and welcome to the forum mjt

We'd love you have you share your thoughts in the daily discussion thread and for you to post your plays as well

GL this year

Back