MLB Thursday 10/7

Wiretowire

Pretty much a regular
YTD +8335
0-1 last

A rant.................

As I was watching the game last night a thought struck me. Pete Rose must be seething that Draft Kings is the official betting platform of MLB. Seriously, give the guy the Hall of Fame. You say for the integrity of the game you keep him out but now betting is all over the place. And as for integrity, you have no problem recognizing Houston's World Series win when they were proven they cheated. I don't have a problem with that but I do have a serious problem saying integrity this and not that. And Bonds isn't in the hall either? Which integrity does that fall under? One cheater is ok and the other is not? Bullshit. Do the right thing before the man dies. You know you will put Rose in the hall the day after he dies. Do the right fucking thing now.

All x50 each.

I absolutely hate betting totals and sides in the same game. With that in mind, the following should come as no surprise.

CHW/Houston over 7 -140 - I am not a fan of Lance Lynn but he has pitched pretty well recently. He does have a tendency to have a really bad game sometimes. McCullers has a great record but, man, he walks a lot of hitters. Shouldn't be too tall and order with these two offenses to reach over 7 here.
CHW ML +130 - Hunch as much as anything here. I really think Lynn has the advantage overall because of McCullers tendency to allow a lot of base runners. Trying the dog in this one and hoping Lynn doesn't blow up too much.

These two teams played 7 times this year Houston winning 5 games to 2, all 4 in Houston and 1-2 in Chicago. Over 7 was 5-2.

Boston/TB over 7 -140 - Both these starters are very solid and of course I am doing my usual stupid thing of trying to win an over bet in TB. I really don't have any good reasons for this so, if I were you, I would run to bet the under in this one.
Boston ML +130 - It may not hold up here, but over the years I have found that Newtons law of inertia applies to at least the first game of a playoff series. For those of you that slept through Physics, that law says a body in motion tends to stay in motion. Meaning rest is good for players but having played in live game conditions seems to keep you sharper than sitting and resting. This, to me, gives the advantage to the Sox in this first game.

These two teams played 20 times this year. TB went 12-8 winning 8-3 in Tampa and 4-5 in Boston. Over 7 went 15-5.

Now both home teams will probably win 1-0 in both games. :rofl:

GL

Back