MLB + Thursday 10/3

Wiretowire

Pretty much a regular
YTD +259.5

Yesterday

MLB 1-0 = +1

I know Cleveland fans are disappointed but if you step back and look at this whole thing I think you will be encouraged on the overall. The Tribe sucked last year. And they sucked for years before that. This year they went from losing 90+ games the year before to winning 90+ games. I know I got excited as well but objectively they would have had to match the 1969 Miracle Mets turnaround to really go very far and I don't know if anyone will ever do that again. So why should tribe fans be encouraged?

Because thanks to the chemistry on this team and Francona the old saying "Wait until next year" is no longer hollow and frustrating but it is now true. Add a piece here and there and Cleveland will be a force to be reckoned with. Every year, for years, the Cleveland faithful would get excited at the beginning of the season and it would fade as the Tribe faded sometime in June or July. But not next year. Give Francona the core he has now and add some to it and look out. I promise you tribe fans "Just wait until next year."

Sides: All for 5 units

Buffalo/Cleveland over 41 -110 (NFL)

UCLA/Utah over 61 -110 (NCAAF)

I listed those other sports first because I am more sure of them than I am these two MLB games tonight. And that should scare you like it does me because I suck in college football. I found these two playoff games very hard to cap so go slow but here goes.....

Pitt/St Louis over 6 1/2 -110

Pretty much guessing here because I don't like the total but I hate the sides. Both pitchers have done well recently so there is no reason for this to go over. But Burnett always walks too many. Wainwright is pretty tough but I think he has to go complete to keep this total down as both pens have struggled recently. Playing a hunch here as both pitchers, although they haven't shown it recently can blow up on occasion. All I need is 3 runs from each offense to win this. If you don't agree with this one I don't blame you.

Atlanta ML +130

I don't care who is pitching against them you can go broke taking the favorite on the road in Atlanta. And if you think giving the Braves runs at home to cut the odds is the way to go I assure you you are playing a very dangerous game. LA doesn't score for shit to begin with and now you would force them to win by 2 to collect any money? That is insane on this game with that matchup. I'm not even going to be diplomatic and say "Well you could win LA -1 1/2 runs." What I will say is "You are nuts to lay runs to the home team in this game."

Yes, Kershaw is very good but Medlen has been just as good recently. Want to use stats against me? In their last 10 starts Kershaw has allowed 16 runs and Medlen has allowed only 10. Also in those last 10 starts Kershaw has won 6, lost 3, and has 1 no decision. Medlen has won 7, lost 2, and 1 decision. Kershaw last 10 starts allowed 54 hits and Medlen last 10 starts allowed 45 hits. So if you don't like my statement that "Medlen has been just as good as Kershaw recently" then you are correct I am wrong. I should have correctly said "Medlen has been BETTER than Kershaw recently.

Now go take the road favorite or better yet give the home teams + runs so you can get better odds. GL

Last edited:
Just to play a bit of devils advocate here wise. The stats don't lie when it comes to the dodgers and braves game tonight. Home team, pitcher running just as hot as Kershaw, better overall record than the dodgers etc. etc. etc.

How come they are handing out so much plus money to back the Braves? Just me reading the tea leaves so to speak but it sure does seem to me like they are just begging for Braves money.

Full disclosure, I'm already on the dodgers tonight but discussion is what it's all about.

Great thoughts wire. CDS. From my perspective public is backing the stud they know tonight and was shaded accordingly. No Uggla is a relief, not a sellout yet is a bummer. I hope Freeman does the Jay Bruce thing tonight. Im surprised Ethier is probable, he could be a headache. Go Braves.

Cover, I can answer your question in one word. Kershaw. The books and you and I know he is probably the best pitcher in the NL. I don't see those odds as begging for Atlanta bets. I think that is looking for ghosts. I see the books simply setting that line as saying you will have to pay dearly to bet Kershaw and the Dodgers no matter where they play. They are going to make people pay for the right. I don't put any stock in the books knowing anything more than I know. It seems that way sometimes but I think that is coincidence. Most everyone is disenchanted with Atlanta at this point and I think that is a mistake. If the books are begging for Atlanta money tonight then they are making a mistake. Atlanta has every reason to win this series and when they do people are going to wonder how it happened. -150 on LA to win an even series is a bad line. But that's just my opinion. Thinking about it more if they had set that line at LA -110 I would be less positive about this tonight because I think that is where the line should be. Giving +130 is a gift on a very good home team with a very good pitcher that can't be ignored. GL

Thanks Steed. GL

Thanks Johnny. I saw Ethier as out as well and that did enter my thoughts on the side. LA doesn't score and without another hitter that won't get any easier. GL

Like the play on the Braves. Respect Kersahaw a ton but medlin can hang with him. ATL tough at home. Think this game is closer to even than the odds indicate and ATL has the all the value.

like the plays, sorry about Cleveland but you were dead on with your bet, gl wire

Moved the total in Atlanta to 6.5 and took it under. 80% to be on Atlanta BOL

wire, agree 100% on atlanta and your whole writeup...everyone i've seen is all over the smogers, and it makes absolutely no sense to me how you can lay any juice, let alone 40 cents to atlanta at home.

Yes to be on Atlanta. Still have not bet it but clear direction. Not betting any side till ump is known .Regarding Wire's Utah over bet one of my favorite shows is Sports X Radio. Today a rare agreement

307 UCLA
308 UTAH
307 UCLA
308 UTAH

<tbody>
[TD="class: picker, colspan: 3"]Ken's Picks:[/TD]

[TD="colspan: 3"][/TD]

[TD="align: center"]CFB[/TD]

[TD="width: 5%"][/TD]

[TD="align: center"]OVER 61 POINTS[/TD]

[TD="class: picker, colspan: 3"]Chuck's Picks:[/TD]

[TD="align: center"]CFB[/TD]

[TD="align: center"]OVER 61 POINTS[/TD]

</tbody>

Last edited:
Thanks ISU. Hope so. GL

Thanks Mrob. We can't always get what we want but it's nice if we can get most of what we bet. GL

I think you have to go under there Tuck. GL

Thanks Big. Would love to get that one. GL

Gives me hope there Tuck because I really do stink at NCAAF. Thanks. GL :)

Do you like any series plays wire? I'm going real small on Atlanta, St Louis, Oakland, and Tampa. I actually took Tampa earlier in the year to win ALCS and WS. GL!

Wise, I am notoriously bad at series plays. Blood is much better than I am there. But to answer if I had to pick it would be in order of how sure I am:

Detroit over Oak (I do like the Tigers and the pitching matchups in this one)

Atlanta over LA ( I think Atlanta is a better team but I could be wrong there.)

Tampa Bay over Boston (but only because I like the way the pitching matchups sit and TB has been playing while Boston sits so that helps TB.)

Pitt over St Louis (I really have no clue here. I am just guessing.) GL

I lean on Oakland because I understand Cabrera has had a bad groin injury that reduced his power numbers significantly in September. I'm not sure 5 days off is enough. Also, Verlander isn't healthy. Oh yea, one other reason. I live in the Bay Area so why not? Thanks

Got that right brother. 7-0 St Louis bottom of the 3rd and the over 6 1/2 is home safely and tucked into bed. GL:rofl:

Thanks Mrob. GL

Thanks Wise. GL

I didn't see that one coming Yanks. Cards really dominated. GL

Hope we catch two Bull. GL

Back