MLB Thursday 10/20

Wiretowire

Pretty much a regular
YTD +1999
0-1 last with a push on the total.

Thanks KJ. GL

Thanks Wise. I agree they are weak. GL

Thanks Twink. GL

NYY/Hou over 6 -190 x50 - I expect Houston to do the heavy lifting to get over this total and the reason is something I always cap but rarely mention. But today it needs mentioning. Valdez throws mostly sinker and curve. He rarely throws a fast ball and fast ball is what the Yankees feed on. That's not good news for NY. The good news is the ump leans over. Now if you can get a poorly coached and even worse disciplined NY team to take some pitches instead of swinging from their heels on pitches 10 feet out of the strike zone they could get some runners on and score some runs tonight. But that is a very big IF. Valdez does walk a lot of batters if you are patient. TB and Balt made him look stupid in walks. NY did beat Valdez up pretty good when they saw him but that was back in June so you can ignore that, Severino loves the fastball and change which is very good news for Houston. They can sit dead red and punch the change to the opposite field. He has some other stuff he developed when he hurt his arm, but he prefers fast and change. Houston should get to him. Ump should squeeze him a little and that is also good news for the Astros. I like the over.

As for a side, if I was betting it, I would go Houston -140. But you figure that out because although all signs point to Houston I am not sure enough about it myself. GL

Im shocked to see Houston only favored -140. Is the Yankee name jading the line? What am I missing in this mismatch?

Im shocked to see Houston only favored -140. Is the Yankee name jading the line? What am I missing in this mismatch?
Yes

And enjoy free money if you choose to chase the Houston starters' strikeouts game to game

NYY swing and miss at an insane rate against pitchers who get hitters to swing and miss

Back