MLB Thursday 10/19

Wiretowire

Pretty much a regular
YTD +2170
1 1/2-0 last - One leg of parlay pushed but it still paid.

Staying with the unusual here. For the record for those that can't get the +2 1/2 runs you should know, as I said early in the season, I won't bet a team +2 1/2 runs unless I think they will win the game without the runs. I just like insurance in case something fluky happens. The better team doesn't always win. It is baseball after all.

And don't ask about the totals as the books have really jacked the numbers high and I don't have a lean or any reason to even suggest one. Yes, I did cap them, and I wouldn't bet totals on either game with your money let alone with mine.

BetMGM parlay:

Phil +2 1/2 -400
Hou +2 1/2 -270

-70/+50

Game previews:

- AZ and Pfaadt actually has a chance to beat Suarez and Philly in this one. He has pitched more steadily but Suarez if he gets in a groove can be hard to hit. Pfaadt won't go many innings unless AZ jumps out ahead early. And speaking of early, you will know early whether Suarez has his stuff or not and whether Philly will stay close or it's time to watch a movie. In the end I trust backing Philly and their bats to stay in it more than I trust Pfaadt.

- Urquidy seems more suited to starting than he did relieving. He has been very solid of late. Heany, to my surprise, hasn't been bad lately but he won't go many innings and that means an early entry into the Rangers bullpen. There are some serious gas cans in the Texas pen and that's why I think Hou will stay in it or at least be able to come back into it later against that pen if for some reason Texas gets to Urquidy early.

GL

Thanks inzane. That's a good way to do it. I don't normally look at team totals in MLB. I do a lot in ncaa hoops though. GL

Back