MLB Thursday 10/12

Wiretowire

Pretty much a regular
YTD +2075
0-1 last

Thanks Wise, crazy October to some that the top teams didn't do well in the playoffs. I agree. GL

But to others who predicted this kind of result after he saw the scheduling and layoffs, which I might add the failure of the teams with byes was predicted BEFORE the division series began, he will do exactly what he said he would do when the "talking heads" started trying to figure out what happened. Wait for it..................

I told you so!

Luckily for me I have been called away to Montreal. I leave in 3 hours, so I won't have to put up with anymore of this MLB bullshit until Monday. At least I hope I will be back Monday.

Atl/Phil over 8 -70/+50 - And if you bet this you are crazier than I am but I had to post something so there you go. GL

Other than Philadelphia, Atlanta and Houston, I saw no resiliency in these teams to fight back. All these series except the Braves-Phillies series have sucked. Every game except game 2 of the Braves-Phillies series have honestly been brutal to watch. Now we’re looking at lesser teams like Arizona and Texas playing to get to the World Series. Maybe we get surprised (I hope not) but if we want a World Series worth watching it has to be Houston vs Phillies or Braves.

Last edited:
Just saw Phillies are -220 to win the series but Atlanta is -140 to win game 4 tonight. That’s a pretty strong favorite for the series to have them as a Dog tonight.

Just saw Phillies are -220 to win the series but Atlanta is -140 to win game 4 tonight. That’s a pretty strong favorite for the series to have them as a Dog tonight.
Seems pretty fair at -220

Parlaying the Braves ML tonight of -140 and the game 2 closing line of -149 or so would make the Braves +187 to win both, think -220 is pretty fair to combat that

Who would pitch for atl game 5? I guess Fried maybe? Assuming he had no problems with the blister and it was more just rust why he struggled, he their only choice I’d think’. I dunno how in the world they could make Philly dogs with wheeler gm5 but they overrate home field most the time, they def been giving atl offense a ton of respect tho so I dunno where line be? I’m pretty confident they will give us very beatable props for wheeler in gm 5, that really all I’m interested in! Lol. I’m not real sure atl can get out of Philly and force a gm 5 tho, even with strider.

it sure don’t make any damn sense to lay -220 for Philly to win series, they gonna be dogs both games ain’t they? Wouldn’t it be better to bet Philly game to game with the plus?

it sure don’t make any damn sense to lay -220 for Philly to win series, they gonna be dogs both games ain’t they? Wouldn’t it be better to bet Philly game to game with the plus?
Then you get chasing involved if they don't win tonight if you want to net the same profit, would likely be around -220 or even slightly worse if you add it up

Assuming it's Wheeler v Fried just like g2 in Atlanta it's hard to believe it would be a much different price than Monday's game unless there is more news on Fried

MLB is bullshit. The scheduling is atrocious and I feel it's a big part of this mess right now. DBacks were +2000 at the START of the playoffs. That's how shitty they are.

Division series should be 7 games, same as championship series.

I feel like the wild card has an advantage because they are feeling it, they are warm after a 2-3 game set and experiencing the pressure, excitement, etc. Needs to go back to a 1 off then get your ass back in the next day to face the best teams.

The best teams are sitting in the cold, not operating on a daily schedule, their whole routine changes, then add in the funky start times and you have a recipe for a shitty team to go on a run.

MLB is the one sport you cannot fuck with the schedule, these guys are creatures of routine more than anything with a 162 game schedule and barely a day off except MLB all star break.

Got to remember this for capping purposes in the future. These aren't the same teams at alll this postseason...granted the Dodgers are July contenders and October pretenders every year, but still.

Dbacks all of a sudden have the best pen in the last month, nahhhh. Guess who had the best team ERA the last month? The Detroit Tigers. Not buying that bs.

Then you get chasing involved if they don't win tonight if you want to net the same profit, would likely be around -220 or even slightly worse if you add it up

If it goes to game 5 I’ll be banging wheeler props and won’t care bout side, lol. Think I rather play the plus money chase but either way I’m not real committed to picking the winner, just know we get way better prices on wheeler in game 5 than we would game 1 vs your boys, I’d think as a fan you def want a game 5!

Dbacks all of a sudden have the best pen in the last month, nahhhh. Guess who had the best team ERA the last month? The Detroit Tigers. Not buying that bs.

Tigers have some awesome young pitchers!! Skubal will win a cy young at some point if he stays healthy! Dude a beast!! They got a few others that ain’t to shabby either, watch out for tigers next season! Couple those young bats gained experience this year, they add a veteran bat or 2 to the lineup I’ll be on a tigers future without a doubt!!

If it goes to game 5 I’ll be banging wheeler props and won’t care bout side, lol. Think I rather play the plus money chase but either way I’m not real committed to picking the winner, just know we get way better prices on wheeler in game 5 than we would game 1 vs your boys, I’d think as a fan you def want a game 5!
I know what you'll be doing, just a response to whether chasing would be smarter than just betting the series now if that's something someone is considering since that was brought up. Of course the Snakes want to have Philly burn Wheeler in this series.

Sorry wire, GL on the over tonight. Can't argue with it other than I'm not a fan of possibly emptying the bullpens in the elimination game which means more matchups and breaks in the game.

I know what you'll be doing, just a response to whether chasing would be smarter than just betting the series now if that's something someone is considering since that was brought up. Of course the Snakes want to have Philly burn Wheeler in this series.

Sorry wire, GL on the over tonight. Can't argue with it other than I'm not a fan of possibly emptying the bullpens in the elimination game which means more matchups and breaks in the game.

I just know if Philly closes out tonight and wheeler pitches gm1 we talking 17.5 outs prob with juice to the over, most likely a 6.5/7.5 k number. He pitches game 5 vs atl I think they been giving Braves offense so much respect his outs be in the 15.5-16.5 range, if it was 17.5 it be cheap! K’s only be 5.5 even tho Braves been a huge swing and miss team all year!! Crazy, I obviously havnt began to look at a wheeler vs snakes matchup but im fairly confident it wouldn’t warrant the difference in the numbers it will be!

Back