MLB Sunday

Satyr

Paster of Muppets
Not much Sun here but hey, let's see if we can nail some winners after last night's moose at Safeco...3-4, Seattle has many chances to tie it up (which would push it over and give them a chance to win) but doesn't.

Again:

Seattle (Batista) (2.27) 6 units

Yeah I know it's Beckett but Seattle are still one of the best home teams, and my last night's writeup can still be applied to this game, minus the last few paragraphs about SPs.
They still own Boston at Safeco, they're at home and even though Beckett is the better pitcher here he hasn't been as sharp in the past few weeks and I like Batista at this spot.

Angels (Lackey) (1.95) 5 units

Angels have a lot of redeeming to do after losing a game they dominated last night. They had 8 hits as opposed to Oakland's two, but still lost the game. A rare spot such thing occurs but I wouldn't say their offense was toothless, they just weren't clutch enough, as they could've put the game away after 2 innings seriously.
Haren or no Haren I think the Halos come out blazing tonight and tag Haren for a few runs early, which means Lackey pitches with a lead. Just have to back the Angels here.

:cheers:

Haren has only given up 1 unearned run this year vs LAA in 14 inn spanning 2 starts. In those 2 starts he is 1-1 0.64 ERA.

OAK has won 8 of 12 vs LAA.

This is the AL West, and we all know how this game will end up, just like yesterday.

In the BOS/SEA game, I have to go with BOS. If you look at how the key hitters in SEA's lineup have fared vs Beckett, it isn't very good:

Suzuki 1for10
Beltre 3for17
Guillen 3for15
Ibanez 2-9

On the other hand look at how Ramirez and Ortiz have fared vs Batista:

Ramirez 8for20
Ortiz6for16

Batista's last opponent was an AL West opponent in LAA. We all know how those games go. Of course junk pitcher Batista pitches a 2-0 shutout. Back to reality today against BOS. Expect SEA to come up short again vs men on base.

Beckett did give up 9 hits in 8 inn last time out, but @ CLE the strat before he yielded just 4 hits.

BOS is the the play in the SEA game.

joebrensports said:
This is the AL West, and we all know how this game will end up, just like yesterday.

joebrensports said:
We all know how those games go

joebrensports said:
BOS is the the play in the SEA game.

Refrain yourself from posting in my threads. I don't care what "we all know", I don't even care about your opinion. You obviously "know everything" all the time. Why even bothering then? Since you obviously KNOW what is going to happen. Just like you KNEW Cleveland was going to sweep the Spurs.

Fucking devil's advocate 24/7. Go play somewhere else, Joey.

He's a total pain in the ass. And all I'm asking for him is to ignore me, and I'll gladly ignore him.

Btw Ichiro is really not stepping up these days, so far 0-for-8 combined last night and this game now...

Seattle look clueless now, they had so many chances to turn the game around last night but I don't see them winning this one.

I hope it goes over though, I have over 8.5 as well, low stakes.

Ok I don't get this, they put Lopez in to pinch hit and Broussard has shown he can hit Beckett...

Gotta say odd decision.

EDIT: I see why now, Okajima is in.

Cora doubled...come on 3 more runs guys...

Lugo singles, Crisp sac fly...6-1...

2 more...

COME ON

Yess, Halos held on to the lead, and Boston went over...now go Cubs.

See ya later guys.

Refrain yourself from posting in my threads. I don't care what "we all know", I don't even care about your opinion. You obviously "know everything" all the time. Why even bothering then? Since you obviously KNOW what is going to happen. Just like you KNEW Cleveland was going to sweep the Spurs.

Fucking devil's advocate 24/7. Go play somewhere else, Joey.

You have been more patient than I would have been.. You have a history with this guy? Its apears he has an agenda.. Anyway, gl with the rest of your card although I am opposite you in the Mets / cubs game.. Just think Glavine gets it done tonight.

BOL w/the Cubs, Satyr, I just fear an MLB set-up w/this one. Glavine looking for #300, with both ARod & Bonds having just achieved their milestones, and Glavine happens to be going on primetime TV? Mets also seem to have their mojo back (11-1 after their last 12 losses). Marquis can be so hit or miss on occasions (Mets have already bombed him this season (4ER in 5 inn)).

Tee Dub, I have absolutely no history with this guy, I've never even heard of him before he joined. He has been continuously crossing the line since, not just with me, but in general. He has this covers-like modus operandi
, I hope it stops soon.

BC, Mets are kinda bruised and I'm not buying the hype this time, A Rod and Bonds reached their milestones, I think Tommy will have to wait up ;).

Good luck guys. :shake:

Back