MLB Sunday selections (+writeups)

Satyr

Paster of Muppets
Metropolitans (RL) (1.87 @ Pinnacle) 8 units

I expect them to respond huge after last night's loss. Chico is just plain awful and these are the Mets we're talking about, some big bats there, and they should pound him early. Maine has shown stability so far and I don't think he'll collapse today, not against the Nats, and not after the Mets just got thumped last night.
The weather report isn't the best, rain is expected, coldish, gloomy. But I doubt that will suit either teams, Chico is currently boasting a 7.27 ERA, and is considered one of the worst pitchers in baseball. Maine hasn't fared that well against Washington (5.82 ERA in 21 IP) but I think he'll do the job tonight. No overthinking here, and no overanalyzing.

Tigres (Robertson) (1.90 @ Pinnacle) 7 units

This is a Josh Towers fade but also a solid pick on the Tigers situationally.
Towers is 1-10 with an 8.70 ERA in his last 13 starts overall, dating to last season. He, has, however fared well against the Tigers, going 2-0 with a 2.77 ERA in two career starts. But the Jays are missing third baseman Troy Glaus, whose injury leaves the Blue Jays without two regular starters. Left fielder Reed Johnson was put on the 15-day DL Friday with a herniated disc in his lower back.
Nate Robertson (2-0, 1.38 ERA) has been rock solid so far, plus the Tigers' batting lineup is waking up, I'd expect another strong performance tonight.

This is it so far boys. Good luck tonight. :cheers: :drink:

thanks guys, hoping to go 1/1 with the Mets game postponed.

Tigers up 1:0 early, but Nate in trouble in 2nd inning.

Come on Tigres.

Back