MLB - Sunday 4/7

GameHunter

Pretty much a regular
SEASON: 23-14, +16.404 Units
YESTERDAY: 3-5, -3.15 units

First bad day of the season. Looked like I was headed to an even day. I was busy watching the hoops game and assumed KC was headed to a win and then I looked up to find out Greg Holland walked the bases loaded in the 9th, struck out the next two guys and then gave out a bases clearing double in the B9 to lose 4-3. Ouch, and I actually like Greg Holland...Horrendous beat for anyone who backed the Cubs leading 5-1 late and Fujikawa got roughed in the 8th and then the Cubs got Marmoled. Marmol is now officially out as the Cubs' closer!

MIAMI +119 (1.25 UNITS)

CUBS FIRST 5 INNINGS +122 (1.75 UNITS)

UNDER STL/SF 6.5 RUNS (EVEN) (1.5 UNITS)

PITTSBURGH +137 (1.25 UNITS)

OVER SD/COL 10.5 RUNS (-110) (1.25 UNITS)

BOSTON +114 (1.25 UNITS)

UNDER CLE/TB 7 RUNS (-120) (1.5 UNITS)

UNDER OAK/HOU 8 RUNS (-115) (1.25 UNITS)

KANSAS CITY +110 (1.25 UNITS)

Marmol has been a gascan for two years now, I can't believe he was the best they had coming into '13. Thanks and GL, Gamer!

I am actually trying to pull the trigger on both Miami and Boston. Any thoughts to share?

Just briefly.

This kid for Miami is a young phenom stud. Young but incredible stuff! I love taking a young talented pitcher against a weak hitting team that hasn't seen him. This Mets' team isn't overpowering especially with Cowgill, Bazter and Recker in the lineup. Laffey shouldn't be laying this type of wood against anyone. He cant go deep into games and lacks a strike out pitch.

I think Lester is going to have an outstanding year. He was super in ST and his 1st start. I still have concerns about Dickey's dominance inside a dome stadium with a catcher that doesn't know how to handle him or call the game. Toronto's lineup today is far from overpowering. with Blanco< Izturis, Derosa, Davis Bonifacio.

Just briefly.

This kid for Miami is a young phenom stud. Young but incredible stuff! I love taking a young talented pitcher against a weak hitting team that hasn't seen him. This Mets' team isn't overpowering especially with Cowgill, Bazter and Recker in the lineup. Laffey shouldn't be laying this type of wood against anyone. He cant go deep into games and lacks a strike out pitch.

I think Lester is going to have an outstanding year. He was super in ST and his 1st start. I still have concerns about Dickey's dominance inside a dome stadium with a catcher that doesn't know how to handle him or call the game. Toronto's lineup today is far from overpowering. with Blanco< Izturis, Derosa, Davis Bonifacio.

Thanks GameHunter. I actually already pulled the trigger on Boston for many of the reasons you listed above. Very close to hitting the Marlins as well.

GL today.

.. Greg Holland walked the bases loaded in the 9th...

I was watching the game and wanted to puke. Nothing is more ridiculous than walking even 1 man with a 2 run lead in the ninth. You'll never go broke underestimating the intelligence of some of these guys. I'd rather let the hitter throw it up and hit it than issue a walk in that spot. It's not the first time Holland has done that to me.

Back