MLB - Sunday 3/30

GameHunter

Pretty much a regular
PADRES +102 (1.5 UNITS) - If there is a pitcher flying under the radar in MLB, it's Andrew Cashner. What Fantasy Baseball has already taught me, is just how under the radar he is, as I snagged him in both of my auctions near the end for very cheap money. The point is, many people don't know or respect him but he may have been one of the best pitcher in the MLB over the last month and a half last season. In his final 6 starts of 2013, he tossed 44 2/3 innings and allowed 26 hits, 4 earned runs for a 0.81 ERA and had a 38:7 K:BB ratio. In fact, in his 17 of his last 18 starts of 2013, he allowed 3 earned runs or less. In 3 starts last year against the Dodgers, he threw 22 innings and allowed 19 hits, 2 earned runs for a 0.82 ERA and had a 16:4 K:BB ratio. I'm no doctor, but I still think that trip to Australia for two games against the Diamondbacks ending 8 days ago is a big disruption and I also don't know why the Dodgers scheduled two night games the last two nights against the Angels right before opening night. Hyun Jin Ryu is a solid pitcher for the Dodgers but his road ERA last season was 3.69 (1.37 less than at home). In Australia, he only managed to go 5 innings with his pitch count getting high and the Dodgers middle relief is still suspect to me and I give the Pods an advantage especially with the acquisition of Benoit. I expect Cashner to go deeper than Ryu and we have a middle relief advantage. This will be a huge game in San Diego with an electric crowd with the Padres taking center stage for Opening Sunday night baseball, which attention is rare in San Diego.

See it exactly the same. gl ... rumor is Ryu's toe is still bothering him .... makes it even less likely he goes long.

best of luck GH

See it exactly the same. gl ... rumor is Ryu's toe is still bothering him .... makes it even less likely he goes long.

best of luck GH

Hey CC! Excellent point on Ryu. Bring on the middle relief for the Dodgers. Good to see you! Best of luck this season!

Thanks GH! Always a pleasure reading your analysis. GL this season bro. Thanks again for posting. Opening day feels like Christmas morning

Good to see you posting here GH, hope you have one of those patented 100 unit years this year my friend.

that padres game was a reversal of the games you had from last season--have the lead all game the blow it at the end...maybe your fortunes are changing this season

thanks and GL, gamer!

Back