MLB Sunday 10/13

Wiretowire

Pretty much a regular
YTD +185
1-0 Last

As always thank you Inzane for the response. GL

Impressions of the upcoming series.

- I have no clue.
- The city that has the most influence on this years finals is New York of course. With the exception of Cle, NY has a hand in the other 3 teams. You do remember the Dodgers used to be in Brooklyn, right?
- Can the Mets compete with the Dodgers offense? Except for certain games and pitchers, I don't think so. But then again, the one weakness LA has is pitching.
- Pretty much the same goes for Cle and the Yanks. Cle offense has been sketchy at best and NY is loaded with hitters. But Cle has a pitching advantage in my opinion and pitching has traditionally been a Yankee weakness. Remember too that Cle just beat Skubal and the Yankees don't have anyone even close to him. If you said Cole is just as good, then congratulations you are a true Yankee fan for thinking that. You could make the case that Cle didn't beat Skubal except for one bad pitch thrown to Thomas but then again, the bases were loaded and that didn't happen by one fluke pitch.

Bottom line conventional wisdom says bet the Yanks to face the Dodgers in the final, but something tells me it wouldn't surprise me to see the Mets against Cle. If that sounds like I haven't really given you anything to go on, please refer back to my first bullet point in this writeup.

One lean I do have is the Dodgers to win the series over the Mets. The reason is simple. The Mets are starting Senga today in game 1 and he is what they now call just a "starter" which to me is the dumbest concept I have ever seen in baseball. You disagree? Then do you think it's a good idea in a 7-game series to start a guy that most likely won't go 3 innings for you and you have to go to your bullpen in, let me repeat this, GAME #1. Great idea to burn your pen right out of the gate at the start of a new series. Very innovative. And with the LA offense that is a big advantage for them to win the series. There. I did tell you who should win one of the series.

I am going to basically duck until I get a better handle on these series. Although I lean Dodgers at -160 in game #1, I am going to just bet this one parlay from BetMGM because Flaherty hasn't been too good recently and if you think pitchers suddenly turn it on after struggling for their last 4 starts just because it's the playoffs then again congratulations you are a true fan.

Mets/LA over 5 -700
Cle/NYY over 5 -500

-50/+70

GL

Back