MLB Satyrday

Satyr

Paster of Muppets
Let's try to keep it up. Solid night yesterday.

First play no writeup, starts in 20 mins. Others will have writeups. Record will be updated after tonight.

Angels (-1) 1.95 7 units

Other plays coming within an hour. Stay tuned. :tiphat:

:cheers:

Let's do it bro. :shake: supbro

sup bro was an all county lineman when you were an all county message board king:36_11_6:

adding:

Detroit - Chicago White Sox (over 9) (2.07) 5 units

Jeremy Bonderman is coming off his worst start of the season, as he was tagged for 10 ER in 2 innings of work at the Angel stadium. Both teams' DHs are listed as day-to-day, Sheffield and Thome could sit this one out but these teams are stacked with long ball hitters, especially the Tigers, who are trying to break out of a disastrous slump (2-8 in last 10), the White Sox won't make postseason but they're playing up right now and are hoping to keep it going.
Vasquez (who is 2-4 with a 5.35 ERA in six career starts against Detroit) is quite prone to giving up homers and Bonderman well he might bounce back from his last start but I wouldn't be so sure he can keep these guys cold all night, and the Tigers pen, well they're the weakest link in the Tigers ballclub.
9 seems a bit low, wouldn't be surprised if they surpassed the double digit mark after 6 innings.

Arizona (Hernandez) (2.72 @ Pinnacle) 4 units

Riding a hot team with a guy who I think will step up big tonight. Livan Hernandez is a workhorse pitcher, he definitely can be consistently good when he's in the zone and he's underestimated here, alongside the young Snakes' lineup, who are, believe it or not, divisional leaders.
The Dodgers are losers of seven of their last nine games and will send out Derek Lowe, who will have his first start since coming off the DL (he did have a bullpen session though).
Taking a stab at the young, hot, confident team here at this price.

Seattle (Washburn) (2.31) 5 units
over 8.5 runs (2.02) 5 units

A few facts first:
1)Boston has not won in Seattle since July 21, 2006, and has been outscored 56-32 during its nine-game skid there.

2) The Mariners are 18-5 at home since June 26

3) The Mariners are 6-1 in last 7 games

4) Seattle are 5-2 against Boston this season

5) A little bit under the radar, Seattle are only 2.5 games behind division leaders Anaheim and trails Detroit by one-half game in the AL wild card race.

Music for M's fans' ears. Even without Hargrove these guys are playing it up. And without any doubts they're playing excellent baseball. Their pen is one of the best in AL, their lineup is stacked with superb hitters, a combination of small ball and power hitters, an ideal mix it seems.
They're hot at the moment, and Washburn isn't getting enough credit. He got pounded against Oakland, yes, but it was just one of "those games" (Seattle won 14-10), he was quite mediocre in some games last month but is overall way better than his current form shows.
Ramirez, Crisp and Julio Lugo are absolutely killing the ball against Washburn, especially Crisp, but we're talking mostly limited at bats (only 3 batters in current Red Sox lineup have faced Washburn more than 15 times).
I wouldn't be so sure they will get to him early, the Red Sox aren't playing their best baseball right now and they're giving Dice K little run support, despite him pitching very well. Quite the opposite from the start of the season when he had ~5.00 ERA but posted mostly wins.
The over is 5-2 this year, this line is way too low. This is a secondary bet but it's also a partial cover, I just don't see Boston winning this one in a low scoring fashion, if they get to Washburn early, Seattle bats will try to follow that tempo, Matsuzaka is good but not unhittable, and definitely not at Safeco. I'm seeing an 8-6 Seattle win here.

Leans (may or may not be plays):

Milwaukee (Bush)
Tampa Bay (Kazmir)

Escobar 7 walks and Scioscia doesn't take him out? You have got to be kidding me. The guy has nothing right now and he keeps him in?

Typical. Whenever I'm on a team...

Look at magic now, Bowen at bat (26-for-123 in the season, .211) and he will make it happen for the A's now. Just watch.

EDIT: my bad, PH is in (Travis Buck).

COME ON ESCOBAR

Neither one of them could do shit in the 8th. I hate betting on the Angels.

I have always thought Vlad was the most overrated player on their team.

The only pick I like here is SEA. I don't understand the LAA pick. AL west games have been going like this for the past 5/6 years.

Neither one of them could do shit in the 8th. I hate betting on the Angels.

I have always thought Vlad was the most overrated player on their team.

Vlad is a great player, he doesn't hit as many homers this year but is definitely their best player. I m not surprised they didn't hit shit in the 8th, I am however stunned at the number of hits, 8-2 Angels yet they're down...

Yeah nice, but I'm not rolling my eyes at him not liking my card (even though he never likes it and always acts like a devil's advocate but nevermind) but because he did it again. The game in Oakland almost over, THEN he acts all smart.

Not before. That's kind of a habit already and it gets on my nerves.

I never barged into any of his "Cleveland will sweep the Spurs" threads with "I told you so" or "I don't understand this play" routine.
It's safe to say I can't stand the guy, never even check let alone post in any of his threads or take his posts seriously. :)

Yeah nice, but I'm not rolling my eyes at him not liking my card (even though he never likes it and always acts like a devil's advocate but nevermind) but because he did it again. The game in Oakland almost over, THEN he acts all smart.

Not before. That's kind of a habit already and it gets on my nerves.

I never barged into any of his "Cleveland will sweep the Spurs" threads with "I told you so" or "I don't understand this play" routine.
It's safe to say I can't stand the guy, never even check let alone post in any of his threads or take his posts seriously. :)

Hilarious that I was just thinking about the Cleveland sweep thing earlier today and was actually thinking about ya Satyr. I'm with you. Haven't ever really paid attention to the guy since that whole debacle.

Gotta say that I'm ready for the NBA season to get going again. I might be the only person on this forum that doesn't bet football. Good luck with the rest of your card this evening/morning. (whatever the hell time it is in your land)

JPicks, you definitely know what I'm talking about. Although I have to say I would never take a guy's mere perception of the game or a play in particular against him, that would be pathetic from anyone's side. So I haven't posted a WORD in his "Cleveland sweeps, you'll see" threads. Ok, he called it, a bit bold but hey, not going to step on a man when he's down.

But this attitude bothers me. Ever since he joined and posted that CLE pick he had that all-knowing stance, he doesn't expose it all the time but has it.

Plus this devil's advocate sh*t constantly. I mean even if you disagree, there's a way and time how and when to say it.

It's 3:35 AM here buddy :D.

Can't wait for the NBA myself, as I don't bet football either. :D

Too bad I didn't pull the trigger on any of my leans though... I should've played leans only throughout the year, would've done much better :D.

Back