MLB Satyrday

Satyr

Paster of Muppets
Hi guys...just got home an hour ago and analyzed the card. My early plays will be CHW 7 units (1.87) and Atlanta 4 units (2.22) .

Sorry no writeups as they're early games and starting in half an hour. I rarely do this but hey, you can cut me some slack every once in a while (actually I think it's the 1st time this season Smile ).

I'll update my record and post more plays within an hour, with writeups this time of course. Cheers. :cheers:

I with you on the White Sux. I hope they won'tkill my day. Last time i bet them, they did. (in Minny, lost from 6-1)

Yankees (2.38 @ Pinnacle) 7 units
OVER 10.5 (1.98 @ Pinnacle) 4 units

You know I faded the Yanks last night and it was intentional. Even though they went on another scoring outburst the Red Sox actually had their chances to win, after tying the game they could've scored way more and I would say their hitting form is slightly decreasing, imagine what Youkilis from 2 weeks ago would do with bases juiced (or 2 runners on), followed by Big Papi...
They would destroy them. But now they're on a small downslide. On the other hand, the Yanks are slowly turning their frustration into hits and runs. Torre is fired up, and the Yanks are suddenly relying on some of their men from the shadows to do the job. Mientkiewitz, Phelps, Cano, Posada, these are the men they're relying on, instead of Giambi (who is on the DL), A Rod (still hitting but not in the main role), etc.
The Yankees are a team of many woes, and nothing will be turned around over night. It's still a question of whether it does turn around (the season), but the fact is, these guys are stepping up now, and the way I see it, they're turning desperation and frustration into hits and runs.
Mussina isn't the best pitcher to back right now I'm aware, but he's still way better than 2-3, 5.86 ERA.
He is 0-3, 5.24 ERA at Fenway. I'm thinking he can be tagged for 4 or even 5 runs and the Yankees still win.
The Sox will send out another veteran right-hander, Curt Schilling (5-2, 3.68).

Two of Schilling's worst starts of the season came against New York, resulting in an 0-1 record and a 6.92 ERA.

New York tagged him for six runs and 12 hits over six innings at Yankee Stadium in an 8-3 win on May 23, but Schilling rebounded with a strong performance Monday in a 5-3 victory over Cleveland.
Schilling is 7-5 with a 4.70 ERA in 16 regular-season starts against the Yankees. He's 11-1 with a 3.08 ERA in his last 20 home starts, including 2-0 in six outings this season. Impressive numbers but I'm thinking the Yankees will know how to handle him tonight.
Furthermore, I do think this one is going over, both teams are stacked with big hitters, and both pitchers are hittable.
Lowell and Drew are on the DL (day to day) for the Red Sox (Posada is listed dtd as well).
Despite the fact this would have been a HUGE pitchers' duel a few years ago, I think batters will have main roles in this one.

More coming up...
:shake:

Giants (Lowry) (2.62 @ Pinnacle) 4 units

I love going against these urban myths, like "fade a team the day after they score 10+, they can't win". In some situations, I would fade them. Give me a triple A call up, I would fade them, back the Phillies at 1.67 for example. I'm dreaming right? Because Noah Lowry (5-4, 3.08 ERA) is far from a callup (actually one of the most underrated pitchers in baseball) and Phillies with Hamels are only 1.58.
I hope you see where I'm coming from. The price is outrageous. I'm well aware Cole Hamels (7-2, 3.74 ERA) is one of the best young pitchers in the majors right now (not just the NL, after all 86 K and 21 BB say enough), and the Phillies have stepped up for him this season. However, Lowry is no scrub either. And Phillies are only 5-14 v lefties this year.
It is undetermined whether Barry Bonds will be in the lineup tonight. The value is present even if he doesn't play.
Lowry is 2-1 with a 4.94 ERA in four career starts against the Phillies.
He's 1-3 with a 3.58 ERA in four road starts. The problem is evident. He does the job, but the team fails to score for him. I can't say whether there's a great probability of that to change tonight but I'm willing to take a chance at these odds.
Taking a stab with 4 units in play.

I am looking at the under in the Phillies games. I think its too much to back Hamels but Lowry on the road walks waaaaaay to many guys (17bb/11k) in 4 games.

Thanks Green & Ale...let's do this boys.

Jeeeeeteeeeeeeeeer homers!!! 6-5 Yanks

come on Yankees

Back