MLB Satyrday: the penultimate bounceback

Satyr

Paster of Muppets
107 W - 9 V -114 L -30.34 units

No more whining, no more bad luck crap, no more 9th inning heroics by the "other team", or 40 double plays against in a 2 week period. This is a fresh start, and on Satyrday :D of all days, and from this point on I'll be working my way up to green zone.
Well the penultimate Satyrday didn't start the best way. I was quite near of finishing my writeups and my computer froze. I put faith in Mozilla remembering what you wrote, but they only got me back to the baseball subforum. The horror. The worst thing that can happen when online.
But this is something I'll treat like "the last thing before the comeback starts" :D.

So let's get it on (take II)

Seattle - Toronto over 8.5 (1.96 @ Pinnacle) 8 units

I love the fact the mere presence of Roy Halladay lowered the total for a whole run. His actual numbers actually speak in favor of the over.
Halladay has been underachieving this season. Compare his career numbers (.256 BAA, 3.66 ERA) to his season numbers (.269 BAA, 4.25 ERA) and you'll get the picture.

He just hasn't been as sharp this year. Halladay had a couple of very bad outings wrapped up around 3 excellent interleague starts. That's no wonder really, that he did well in the interleague, against NL lineups, but the fact he struggled a bit against AL teams is indicative in terms of totals, mainly because the Jays were winning those games (actually last 6 Halladay starts), which means a ton of run support.

They just step up for Doc and that's not a surprise really. On the other side, Batista (7-6, 4.85 ERA) definitely isn't a gas can, but he's also not the sharpest pitcher around. He did however pitch quite well in his last 3 starts (0-2, 2.45 ERA), but that was interleague and facing a rather deep AL lineup the Jays have, with Stairs, Glaus, Thomas, Wells, Rios and others, I'm not sure he will have a stroll in the park today, despite the fact the Jays are hitting better at home than on the road.
Halladay's road numbers aren't impressive either (5.58 ERA).
The value is definitely on Seattle here, and if it wasn't for Ibanez's absence I would be more keen on backing them here, however I strongly believe this one will blaze over the total, even well above double digits.

Giants (Lowry) (1.79 @ Pinnacle) 5 units

Lowry remains underrated as a home pitcher. He boasts a 2.94 ERA at home this year and has been one of the best in Giants' rotation this year. The Giants aren't hitting that much but they could welcome facing Doug Davis who is allowing too many base runners and has allowed 31 hits in last 19 innings of work, as well as 18 earned runs (including 5 homers). I actually see this game as a better chance for the Giants to win a game, even better than tomorrow's rookie clash, featuring Lincecum and Owings.
The price is solid so I'll give it a shot.

I will add a few more shortly, this is it for now, have to check some things before pulling the trigger on more.

Good luck.:cheers:

GL today Satyr. Houston came back for ya and the LAD didn't come through, so good thing you laid off them. haha.

looks like Wells never really got out of that slump, just had 3 HRs in 4 games but never really got started. hopefully the 2, 3, 4 hitters for toronto go 1-13 or 1-14 whatever they did yesterday. like noah too as Davis can be a walking machine.

Actually I'm the one making a fool of myself by capping baseball.

Fuck this fake optimism shit. I think I'll quit after tonight. Took the Cubs, and suddenly people who have been hot for weeks can't hit a winner :D.

This has lost it's purpose, I better quit before I make more damage.

8-1!!!!!!!!!!

FINALLY A KISS OF GOOD LUCK

I will cherish this moment

Let July be a turning point.

Thanks guys for the support. :shake:

Back