MLB Saturday 4/15

Wiretowire

Pretty much a regular
YTD +950
5-3 last

All x50 each

Minn/NYY over 8 - Both starters way too generous.
SF ML -140 - DeSclafani allowing nothing and Giants much the better team with great road favorite odds.
Balt ML -110 - Gibson and the O's rolling. Could have a great season this year because they always seem to come back and win. Road odds and just overall very dangerous.
TB ML +110 - Absolutely hate relievers starting especially this early in the season but I am not a Kikuchi fan and he got hammered in his last so worth the bet on the small dog.
Cle ML -150 - Plesac came back to pitch well in his last after a bad first start of the year. But Kuhl is just awful and getting worse.
Mets/Oak over 8 - Under ballpark especially in the sunlight but these two starters were made for overs. One team can get 8 alone in this one.
Atlanta ML -130 - Bubic pitching well so far this year which is not like him usually but have to take the better team and those great road odds.
Texas +2 1/2 -200 - Gray just ok for Rangers and Brown actually looks better. Trying one with my + runs but this one could be a bridge too far. Maybe you should pass this one but it's the only offering in its time slot today. Really a horrible reason to make a bet. What the hell am I doing and at -200 no less? Stupid.
Cubs/LA over 8 1/2 - Really hate buying down to the 1/2 hook but these two starters were made for an over play here.
Colo +2 1/2 -140 - It has now become official. I have lost my fucking mind with these bets.

GL

You being too hard on yourself, I think tex with the runs is solid again. Stros lineup ain’t nothing close to what it used to be, grsy is plenty capable of holding them down, Perez didn’t have his best stuff at all and slugged thru 5 innings of 2 run ball and after that rangers pen gave up 1 hit the next 4 innings. I don’t think this gonna be very high scoring so there is def value with the +2.5 runs at that price. I think there plenty of value on rangers ml again, houston being priced off name more than the reality of right now imo. Not sure why but then I flipped on mlb radio in car yesterday and I heard some moron still calling them undoubtedly the best team in the AL, clearly not real bright but it appears some folks want to look at them like the same as the past 5 years when truth is they lost 1-2 key pieces off those teams every season, had the talent to replace the departures early on but it catching up especially with the Altuve injury this lineup a far cry from the ones who have rings.

I thought A’s had one their better starters (not saying much) in game 1 of series and he along with the pen combined to give the Mets 17 fucking walks! That gotta be close to some kind of record?? I was just interested in senga k prop and charting his pitches, it took so long for Mets half innings I lost patients and I think it effected Mets starter as he seemed to struggle w location at start of every inning after he sat 15-20 min, i don’t think location his strength anyway but it was more understandable to me in that game as he sat quite awhile between innings. I don’t know anythung bout this dude pitching for A’s, I wouldn’t think he could possible be as bad his era suggest and have a job but that is the kind of garbage it appears the A’s are fielding these days. They outta just dismantle this team If they ain’t gonna try to field a big league roster. You free to say whatever you want about Billy bean going forward, he should quit if they handcuffing him this much cause shit ain’t working, I don’t even see the payoff coming anytime soon for fielding such trash. If you can’t even find guys that can get ball over the plate then what the fuck we doing?

Thanks Bank. I think you are right on all counts with Houston. Altuve definitely being out hurt their offense. I wonder how good they will be when he returns?

Beane ushered in a new idea which had an impact on the game today. But, in my opinion, the effectiveness of his ideas are proving not to be very good in the long run. His entire concept was that big league rosters can be built without having to pay traditional big league salaries and there are other values to put on players other than the norm and they will still produce and compete. Interesting but he was dead wrong. This year's A's team is the final evolution of his ideas, and they are maybe the worst team I have ever seen in the majors in 60 years. Despite his supposedly innovative ideas his teams never competed effectively and that is what I meant by his concepts aren't for shit if they ultimately never won anything. Now someone will come in here and without stats or reasons to defend him and just say "You are wrong Wire." and I will suggest they bet Oakland every game this year because this ignorant fuck is still an advisor. I will then laugh my ass off at them as I have laughed my ass off at Beane for years. GL

Lol. I just like your rants and I noticed he seemed to be a bit of a trigger for one!! It been a few days so cheap ploy by me. 17 walks is just beyond anything any of us trying to watch, they were only 2 off a record that has stood for 130+ years!!

Back