MLB Saturday 10/5

Wiretowire

Pretty much a regular
YTD +275
1-0 last

Thanks for the responses Inzane and Pirate. I appreciate it. GL

Baseball is about timing. All about the timing especially when it comes to hitting. The talking heads say sitting and healing is a big advantage for those that got byes. But either they never played the game, or they did play and they aren't allowed to tell the truth that sitting on your ass hurts you more than helps you and MLB has fucked up big time when they arrange for these week off byes. And yes, even though you can have batting practice thrown nothing compares to actual game conditions. Particularly those game conditions that involve fighting for your life in the playoffs. Instead, Cle, Philly, LA, and NYY get to take a few swings, grab a towel and a seat and ask the waiter for more Perrier. Seriously it makes a difference. For this reason, in game #1 and game #1 only you can safely bet all the dogs because at least half to three quarters win game one over the bye teams every year. That is also true before the byes when one team went to game seven and another swept. Playing teams are more dangerous regardless of the lack of superstars on their team. Besides, bet two dogs and split and you win money.

Next are my impressions and when I say that I mean wild guesses about who should win these series.

Det/Cle - If this was July or early August Detroit wouldn't stand a chance because Cle was the hottest team in baseball then while Detroit struggled. But it's October and those roles have reversed. Detroit can win this series. Cle has a decent lineup offensively, but they have been silent recently. And if they face Skubal in two of these five games, as they probably will, they could be in trouble. Bet is Detroit to win the series and ML game 1as a dog (+120).

Mets/Philly - This could be the one outlier in what I wrote about having a bye. Wheeler is tough and the Mets will see him in two games this series. The Mets have no one that comes close to him. But the Philly offense is erratic. Needless to say the Mets probably have the most erratic offense of anyone in the playoffs other than MLW. But bottom line I still believe that sitting hurts and even though Wheeler will probably hold them in the Mets are the pick in game one again as a big dog +160 as they have been playing. I actually kind of like the Mets to win this series and I'm sure I am the only one in the world that believes that other than die hard Mets fans.

KC/NYY - On paper Yanks have a ton of offense. But they all swing for the fences instead of moving runners and scoring easy runs. KC on the other hand has little to no offense. Walk Witt every time and they may get shutout every game. I am betting KC for game one, but I think I have to back the Yankees to win this series.

SD/LA - Interesting series here. How can you beat this LA offense? Similar stacked Yankee offenses have been beaten for years. Add that I am not convinced LA has the pitching to get them there and this leans to SD. But, and it's a big but, Cease has been solid recently but how good will he be against these LA bats. It creates a puzzle for me. The only answer I can see is bet SD in game one and take LA to win the series. Won't surprise me to see LA shake off the effects of sitting and go after SD offensively.

Todays bets: And they are based on Newton's law of Inertia. (With a minor understanding of baseball) Bodies in motion tend to stay in motion and bodies at rest stay at rest.

All x50 each

Detroit ML +120
Mets ML +150
KC ML +170
SD ML +110

GL

Last edited:
So, I went out to lunch with a buddy of mine and at 1pm I asked why the Cle game wasn't on. The entire bar shouted because it's tomm. Maybe you all should consider this before you consider my picks. Earlier in the week I said Detroit, when they won their first game of the series, had taken away the Hou home field advantage. What I didn't realize was that for some truly fucking stupid reason all the games for those first round wild card series were going to be played in the same stadium.

But by all means take all your money and bet whatever the hell I suggest because I am obviously well versed in everything MLB. GL 😄🙃😄

I edited the day of this thread from Friday to Saturday but for some reason I couldn't change the date from 10/4 to 10/5. Fuck it. GL

With you on Mets and Padres, oppo on my yanks and Guards. Hope you have a winning day. These look to be some fun series--expecting a lot of fireworks and runs in the padres series, and i do believe the mets have a good shot at upsetting the Phils in this series.

So, I went out to lunch with a buddy of mine and at 1pm I asked why the Cle game wasn't on. The entire bar shouted because it's tomm. Maybe you all should consider this before you consider my picks. Earlier in the week I said Detroit, when they won their first game of the series, had taken away the Hou home field advantage. What I didn't realize was that for some truly fucking stupid reason all the games for those first round wild card series were going to be played in the same stadium.

But by all means take all your money and bet whatever the hell I suggest because I am obviously well versed in everything MLB. GL 😄🙃😄
I believe this is the 3rd yr where 1st round is all played at one teams park. Getting old is a bitch w2w and not for sissy’s so pull your boot straps up pick some winners

Back