MLB Saturday 10/12

Wiretowire

Pretty much a regular
YTD +135
1-0 last

Thanks Inzane and Cash for your responses and positives yesterday. GL

Yesterday all signs pointed to SD from starting pitching to possible injury yet LA prevailed. The reason I bring this up is that despite the obvious choice being SD for a number of factors LA was a -150 favorite. That's not just a little favorite that's a very large favorite and again despite all the factors pointing to the Padres winning. And the books were right because LA won rather handily.

Today looks like a no brainer as well. Skubal many will argue is the best pitcher in baseball right now. Yet he is a measly -125 favorite over Cle and Boyd. Now Boyd has been solid, but Cle scored for the first time last game after a horrible display of ineptness at the plate in this series. Am I supposed to believe from the odds that there is a slight chance the Indian offense will again wake up against Skubal of all people? What are the chances of that? But the books still make him a slight favorite while on the road. Skubal should be a -180 favorite at least even if this game were played in Des Moines in my opinion. Can it possibly be the books see something we don't? As much as that concept dismays me I have to follow what I see as very strange odds and again go against conventional wisdom.

Cle ML +100 -50/+50

GL

Back