MLB RSW/Futures/ETC Discussion

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
I grabbed SD +1150 ten minutes after the trade last night. I was already looking at them as possible value as is. Now go get YU.

What else we looking at this year?

I feel like this group always finds a good RSW or two. What teams you feeling?

Mets will probably be a trendy RSW over especially now with an owner ready to drop some serious jack. Hoping Bauer goes to the Angels and out of the NL.

Nats could be sneaky, especially if they somehow get Realmuto.

Also would be nice to know if there will be a universal DH next year or not.

I grabbed SD +1150 ten minutes after the trade last night. I was already looking at them as possible value as is. Now go get YU.

What else we looking at this year?

I feel like this group always finds a good RSW or two. What teams you feeling?
This is how you build, AND take advantage of the prime years of all star caliber players. Exactly what the Halos failed to do with Trout.

Top farm system, yet they held onto almost all of their top talent. Patino (#3) was the most the gave up. Gore is a future Kershaw, and he and Paddack will be battling it out for the #5 spot. Just an excellent rotation, especially in 2022 with Clevenger back. Excellent pen, if they resign or add one, too.

They have Tatis for 6 more years if he were to leave in free agency, so now's the time. Machado in his prime, and solid around the IF. 2 intriguing players at 2B. Can go on, but it's a lineup that'll be exciting/productive. Gonna be epic divisional battles between them and LA for years to come. Difference from the old days is that they'll both be in the postseason no matter what, so excellent value there.

This is how you build, AND take advantage of the prime years of all star caliber players. Exactly what the Halos failed to do with Trout.

Top farm system, yet they held onto almost all of their top talent. Patino (#3) was the most the gave up. Gore is a future Kershaw, and he and Paddack will be battling it out for the #5 spot. Just an excellent rotation, especially in 2022 with Clevenger back. Excellent pen, if they resign or add one, too.

They have Tatis for 6 more years if he were to leave in free agency, so now's the time. Machado in his prime, and solid around the IF. 2 intriguing players at 2B. Can go on, but it's a lineup that'll be exciting/productive. Gonna be epic divisional battles between them and LA for years to come. Difference from the old days is that they'll both be in the postseason no matter what, so excellent value there.
Once they get to the playoffs too my god

Assuming they go 3 starters early, lament, Snell, Darvish with gore and paddock as swing guys in relief.... scary

Adding Kim will help too, surprised he was so cheap, and also up the middle their D is gonna be incredible with him and tatis

The Angels problem is that they never had any good young players besides Trout. Preller is second to none when it comes to building a farm system. Look at what has happened to Texas since he left.

The Angels spent plenty of money trying to win with Trout but you can’t win exclusively on big free agent signings and they never drafted and developed well enough to win. San Diego has become a powerhouse after Preller changed course after making a fool out of himself trading away prospects for washed up has beens like Kemp.

Padres with another nice under the radar move picking up an underrated Musgrove from the Pirates. Pittsburgh will be the worst team in MLB & may compete for the worst team of the past 20 years with the 2003 Tigers & 2018 Orioles.

Padres with another nice under the radar move picking up an underrated Musgrove from the Pirates. Pittsburgh will be the worst team in MLB & may compete for the worst team of the past 20 years with the 2003 Tigers & 2018 Orioles.
The NL Central is by far the worst division in baseball and the Pirates could lose 110. What a joke organization they are.

Mets will probably be a trendy RSW over especially now with an owner ready to drop some serious jack. Hoping Bauer goes to the Angels and out of the NL.

Nats could be sneaky, especially if they somehow get Realmuto.

Also would be nice to know if there will be a universal DH next year or not.

im kinda shocked they didn’t get the DH in place, thought for sure that was gonna stick.

The NL Central is by far the worst division in baseball and the Pirates could lose 110. What a joke organization they are.

their roster kinda says that but playing so many games against the central might get them up over 62 wins, barely.

I still like the fish, that rotation has some young studs. The East looks pretty tough tho. I dunno if they can hang for 162?

My final bets.
Pirates under
Royals over
Mariners over
Braves under.

Nats WS +5000

good value on nats. I don’t see much reason they not back this year with all the additions they made? I got them at like 35-1 at all star break year they won it :) id think the pitchers be much better off now after getting to rest last year after the WS run that taxed them! Of course not off to a great start with apparent covid issues. I know we all talking bout pads and doyers out west but the East looks really freaking tough top to bottom! Like the opposite the central, lol.

good value on nats. I don’t see much reason they not back this year with all the additions they made? Of course not off to a great start with apparent covid issues. I know we all talking bout pads and doyers out west but the East looks really freaking tough top to bottom! Like the opposite the central, lol.
Yeah it's gonna be a grind for the NL East. Figure Dodgers and Pads are locks. So that leaves just two spots for the NL East.

Just like the value on the Nats. Bell and Schwarber help. I'll take my chances with Stras and Max in a playoff series if they make it. Just worried a bit about Max's age.

Yeah it's gonna be a grind for the NL East. Figure Dodgers and Pads are locks. So that leaves just two spots for the NL East.

Just like the value on the Nats. Bell and Schwarber help. I'll take my chances with Stras and Max in a playoff series if they make it. Just worried a bit about Max's age.

I would think the limited innings last year be a help? They brought in Lester also, even at his age he could be a really strong 4th! I’ll take a healthy Stras vs just bout anyone to win a playoff game, he has proven it!

Think phils biggest issue just the strength of the East, if you stuck them or Marlins in the central think both could compete for the top!

My annual season win lotto ticket parlay..$3 to win $142k

Pending17 Team Parlay
Pending11/3/2021 7:00:01 PM Props Baseball 26008 ATL regular season win % under 56.5 -115* vs ATL regular season win % over 56.5 (Fixed Price)
Pending11/3/2021 7:00:01 PM Props Baseball 26020 CUB regular season win % under 48.5 -105* vs CUB regular season win % over 48.5 (Fixed Price)
Pending11/3/2021 7:00:01 PM Props Baseball 26022 CWS regular season win % under 55.5 -115* vs CWS regular season win % over 55.5 (Fixed Price)
Pending11/3/2021 7:00:01 PM Props Baseball 26031 CLE regular season win % over 50.5 -105* vs CLE regular season win % under 50.5 (Fixed Price)
Pending11/3/2021 7:00:01 PM Props Baseball 26035 COL regular season win % under 40.5 -135* vs COL regular season win % over 40.5 (Fixed Price)
Pending11/3/2021 7:00:01 PM Props Baseball 26039 DET regular season win % over 42.5 +100* vs DET regular season win % under 42.5 (Fixed Price)
Pending11/3/2021 7:00:01 PM Props Baseball 26047 KC regular season win % over 45.5 -105* vs KC regular season win % under 45.5 (Fixed Price)
Pending11/3/2021 7:00:01 PM Props Baseball 26052 LAA regular season win % under 51.5 +115* vs LAA regular season win % over 51.5 (Fixed Price)
Pending11/3/2021 7:00:01 PM Props Baseball 26059 MIA regular season win % over 44.5 -130*

Miami Marlins - MLB Regular Season Win Percentage all wagers have action regardless of the number of games played during regular season
vs MIA regular season win % under 44.5 (Fixed Price)
Pending11/3/2021 7:00:01 PM Props Baseball 26064 MIL regular season win % over 50.5 -135* vs MIL regular season win % under 50.5 (Fixed Price)
Pending11/3/2021 7:00:01 PM Props Baseball 26071 NYM regular season win % over 56.5 +105* vs NYM regular season win % under 56.5 (Fixed Price)
Pending11/3/2021 7:00:01 PM Props Baseball 26080 OAK regular season win % under 53.5 -125* vs OAK regular season win % over 53.5 (Fixed Price)
Pending11/3/2021 7:00:01 PM Props Baseball 26088 PIT regular season win % over 35.5 -125* vs PIT regular season win % under 35.5 (Fixed Price)
Pending11/3/2021 7:00:01 PM Props Baseball 26092 SDG regular season win % over 57.5 -140* vs SDG regular season win % under 57.5 (Fixed Price)
Pending11/3/2021 7:00:01 PM Props Baseball 26095 SFO regular season win % over 46.5 +105* vs SFO regular season win % under 46.5 (Fixed Price)
Pending11/3/2021 7:00:01 PM Props Baseball 26107 TAM regular season win % over 52.5 -130* vs TAM regular season win % under 52.5 (Fixed Price)
Pending11/3/2021 7:00:01 PM Props Baseball 26111 TEX regular season win % over 41.5 -110* vs TEX regular season win % under 41.5 (Fixed Price)

I don’t recall ever seeing win percentage, obviously same thing as the over/under win total just Havnt seen it that way!!

I don’t recall ever seeing win percentage, obviously same thing as the over/under win total just Havnt seen it that way!!
They brought it in last year due to the uncertainty of getting all the scheduled games in.

12 games into the abbreviated season last year, I was cashing a monster! Alas, the season didn't get cancelled that day, so it went up in smoke.

They brought it in last year due to the uncertainty of getting all the scheduled games in.

12 games into the abbreviated season last year, I was cashing a monster! Alas, the season didn't get cancelled that day, so it went up in smoke.

yea makes sense. I realized that was the most likely case after the 1st post. My fingers sometimes get ahead of my brain! lol

12 games into the season! Lol, just caught that. Ive often wished a game would just end already, never a whole season!! That woulda been something had they called it off after 12 days and you got paid!!

I worry bout rays this year, replacing couple stud starting pitchers with some old or kinda washed up potential bums, I know they no strangers to overhauling but hopefully they have some young studs in the works to come up? Also think their pen already has suffered some injury setbacks. Throw on top of that the jays on the rise, I think balty can be somewhat competitive (for awhile anyways), and Red Sox prob being better think it be tough for rays this year.

I would think the limited innings last year be a help? They brought in Lester also, even at his age he could be a really strong 4th! I’ll take a healthy Stras vs just bout anyone to win a playoff game, he has proven it!
ew lester

lol. Damn. Like I was saying I’d assume they made some moves to strengthen their pen? I would hope!!!

clear attention to high velocity fastballs in the revamped pen. I'm not a huge fan, but Bradley definitely throws hard if that's the only thing you care about when retooling a bullpen

clear attention to high velocity fastballs in the revamped pen. I'm not a huge fan, but Bradley definitely throws hard if that's the only thing you care about when retooling a bullpen

power arms are def in vogue, think I’d prefer my guys to be able to pitch a little bit! I’d happily sacrifice a few tics of velo for some control!

Back