MLB Postseason Bets

Blue_Chip

Money Addict
I will use this thread to track my bets this postseason. I have a system that was very successful last year, and I hope to repeat this year. GL everyone

Series Bets:
LAD +199 vs Cubs WIN
TB-159 vs White Sox WIN
TB -135 vs Phillies

Future Bets:
LAD +440 to win NL pennant LOSS

Last edited:
I'll try and apply some fundamental analysis rather than just state my picks. It seems people are high on the Cubs and rightfully so, but my system calls for a Dodgers series bet so that's what I'm doing. I agree that the Cubs line-up is arguably the strongest in baseball and Harden having 17 wins yet being the #4 shows the depth in the Cubbies rotation, but against the RH-heavy Cubs I think Lowe and Billingsley can have some success. People are quick to judge Zambrano as a crap shoot, but I think he is better than that. Sure he goes out sometimes and lays an egg, but overall he is a good pitcher. Maddux doesn't have the talent, but he provides experience as does Manny as does Torre. Should the Cubs win? On paper, absolutely, there's a reason they are over two-to-one favorites, but the series must be played. As for Tampa, I won't break that one down because I think the reasons why Tampa is favored are justified and I doubt many wonder why that is.

I agree that the Cubs line-up is arguably the strongest in baseball and Harden having 17 wins yet being the #4 shows the depth in the Cubbies rotation, but against the RH-heavy Cubs I think Lowe and Billingsley can have some success.

The Dodgers have been a pleasant surprise, Tampa looking strong, ... this postseason is not as clear-cut as last yr IMO, which I enjoy. I enjoy the competitiveness and the uncertainty surrounding each matchup. I hope everyone is doing well so far.

great job BC... lean dodgas as well. wouldn't mind seeing a lad/bos series from a soap opera standpoint, but it's hard to root against them rays

BOL,
ON boston and dodgers myself...

Red Sox are a different beast in the playoffs..

Assuming Boston does not win tonight or the following two in Tampa, I will be betting Tampa to win the WS over Philadelphia.

I think it's safe to assume Boston won't score tonight, let alone win.

Thats why Boston has always had my respect as a Yankee fan. Everyone thinks the Yanks collapse to Boston was embarrassing but that team regardless of manager , coaches and players never fucking quits . That earns my respect as a baseball fan.

If a manager wants to overmanage and open the door for the opposition, then Boston isn't a team to turn their nose up at the opportunity. Just means there's money to be made from an extended series.

I am unsure of what BC means as well . Does that allude to pulling Kazmir ? If so you can hardly blame him for that with what has been probably the best bullpen all season especially in the playoffs. Not to mention Kazmir hasnt broken 6 innings in probably 3 months . L21 starts Kaz went 6 inn 6x and 7inn one otherwise all less . He had 112 pitches and Balfour , Howell and Wheeler rested and ready .

If its bringing in Wheeler then I still disagree . How many inn was able to hold Boston done in the 9-8 win ? Plus the guy is a setup man really not a closer but is there due to Percival's injury. Did Francona use use Papelbon to early ?

BAA for TB trio .143 , 183 , 194 ....

The guy who lost the game is unfortunately Longoria . In the t7th with the no out and 1st and 2nd base after Pena was IBB he hit into a DP then had the throwing error in the 9th.

His flaw IMO was not going to Howell the LHP with 2 on and 2 out vs Ortiz . As he hit a 3run Hr off a RH and Drew then later in the 8th hit a 2run HR ....to me that was his flaw .....:cheers:

Back