MLB Monday

scdoggy

Moderator (Honorary)
I was waiting on this line to move in the other direction, but I guess its not happening, so I'll bit now:

KC -103 three units
KC +1.5 -165 two units

I really like this play. Now that the dust has settled on Jason Bay/Manny, the Sox can get back to business as usual. And business as usual for them is losing on the road as a fave.... 15 - 18 mark this year as a road fave.... So for all you slow guys - that means home dogs are cashing at over .500 and at + money against Boston...

Despite Boston's image as one of the best teams in baseball, they are 24-32 overall this year playing in parks without green monsters.

Still aren't convinced?

Boston is 7-10 on the road in game 1 of a series
Boston is only 19-18 in game 1 of series this season
KC is 17-19 in the first game of a series this year.

Meche has given up more than 3 ER only twice in the last three months
Buttholz has given up less than 4 ER only twice in the last three months

Horrible splits for Buchholz - he's winless on the road this year with an ERA OF 8.
He's 1-5 at night this year with an ERA of nearly seven.

If you need any more reasoning than this to like a home dog, you shouldn't be gambling.

NYY/Texas OVER 9.5 -115 two units

I like the Rangers here too, but I love the OVER.

Joba may be a good pitcher, and I'll admit he's got good stuff. BUT.....

He's only seen the seventh inning once this year.

Texas is hot as hell and the weather takes a toll on pitchers. The Yanks already baby this kid and his pitch count. It will be even less in the heat.
Rivera has back spasms. He wasn't available yesterday. So I figure on 3-4 innings from the Yanks pen. He's also facing the best hitting team in the majors with a .281 batting avg. They are also a patient bunch that ranks sixth overall in walks.

Over is 6-2 in Padilla's home starts this season.

Both pens have seen some action in the past few days and are pretty tired.

Still looking at Baltimore. Not sure I'm confident in Sarfate. I think he gets shelled here. Probably a pass for me, but there is nice value on them - but I think its there for a reason.

I think KC is the only option left to me after I scratched off everything. I like your O's but without Adam Jones, I cannot back them even at +188. I like Cleveland too, but not as much as KC. I wanted to get plus money on Meche, but I guess I will settle for -102... still haven't pulled the trigger as I am on a terrible losing streak, which makes me trigger shy.

GL doggy

Stick at it blue Chip. I just went nearly two weeks without a losing day, then had four awful nights in a row. Back on a roll this weekend. SHit comes and goes.

You'll pull out soon.

I don't like Cleveland at all for what its worth. Tampa may make my card. Waiting for umps there.

Tampa -122 SIx units

Great price on the Rays at home. I see Lee regressing while Garza is improving. BIg advantage in the pens and Cleveland flat out blows on the road. Travel day after their series with Minny while Tampa's been waiting.

Tampa 13-5 in series openers against losing teams.
Everyone remebers Lee's great start. Well, his ERA is above four over his last three and the guy that has been in the majors for 8 years with an ERA of around 5 is showing up.

Biggest bet in a while for me.

GL

Biggest play in a while for me.

see alot of people on the KC game. around the forum.. might hit that soon for a average play for me.. good luck on tamp

Come on Garza, get your head out of your ass.....

Added:

COL -1.5 -125 four units

Washington's lineup looks like a bunch of AA players.
No Zimmerman, no Dukes, No Guzman. WHo are these guys?

Rockies crush tonight behind Cook

you know as well as i do that the nats are basically tanking it for the year

after we traded rauch and moved hanrahan to the closer for me that was the nail in the coffin

i dont know if you saw but a couple of games ago zimm got beamed right in the wrist and was in pain. didnt get injured, but hell, why should we risk our franchise player when were already tanking it for the season?

i actually think this one (well the ML at least) should be more like -250ish

GL on em doggy

:36_11_6:

and bonifacio in the leadoff spot.

jesus, i thought we were only doing that in the reds series. he's stll leading off WTF

:36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6:

batting practice, exceept unfortunately for redding the game has begun

3-0 col no outs and they havent even broken a sweat yet.

GO NATS:cheers:

Still a long way to go in Colorado. Really need the Rays to start hitting with RISP....

Can't leave this one alone:
Braves/SF UNDER 6.5 +105 two units

THese pitchers are lights out, and both offenses are hideous.

I bit on a correlation that will make Rex scream, but I like it:

LAA -185 two units
LAA -1.5 +105 two units
Balt/LAA OVER 9 -110

HUnter is in, Adam Jones isn't. And I hate to say this to the guys that bet on Balt tonight, but Sarfate sucks. This lineup with Vlad Tex and Hunter will shred this motherfucker. WInd is blowing out. Big time blowout in anaheim.

Good luck guys

wow how did cook manage to fuck that routine toss to 3rd up

of all teams to make a defensive error wouldnt think the ROCKS would be the ones to make it. usually solid. sorry dude

those 2 errors were just brutal as that is so un-colorado -esque

tough one doggy. still got some game left though and that last walk was big.... 2 on none out.

its going to get real interesting though, and good for you.....

hanrahan getting ready to come in, and its only the 6th

so who will close, ayala?

Back