MLB Monday

Satyr

Paster of Muppets
Blue Jays (Litsch) (2.46) 3 units

I'm waiting for possibly the best spot to back the Jays in this series and that's in Doc v Wang duel, since I expect Wang to be favored, I will pound on the home dog.
I like the same spot here, even though to a much lesser extent. The Jays have been feasting off lefties, and even though Pettitte isn't just any lefty, the Yanks overall haven't been as impressive on the road as they are at home.
They scored a ton of runs lately and I'm looking for them to regress a bit during this road trip.
I actually believe the Jays are undervalued here, Litsch is far from a gas can rookie, he has actually had some very solid starts lately, and has probably reached his all time high as far as confidence is concerned.
Toronto is only 4 games behind NYY and they're at home, have to take this price and hope for the best.

Nationals (Lannan) (2.85) 4 units

Getting the Nats at almost triple the money against of the suckiest teams in baseball right now? Wow. Remember those predictions of how the Nats aren't even going to win 50 this year? Well guess what, they're 51-60 on the season, and that's better than the Giants can say for themselves.
John Lannan has some very good stuff and I expect him to shut down this sorry excuse for a lineup tonight.
Forget the Bonds hype, forget the fact Tim Lincecum is the nastiest rookie this year and has been very impressive of late as well (4-0, 1.36 ERA in last 4), even though he has actually raised his number of walks per game lately...
The fact is, the Giants are scaring no one, and the Nats are 6-0 in last 6 and 8-2 in last 10.
They're on a serious roll, firing on all cylinders and it would be dumb to fade them here at a bad price. So instead take the value and run.

Angels - Red Sox (over 9) (2.10) 5 units
Angels ML (Weaver) (1.90 @ Pinnacle) 3 units

The Red Sox have closed their Safeco series in a very convincing manner, unleashing 9 runs last night and winning 4-3 the night before.
They usually fare quite poorly at Safeco and this hsould be a confidence booster for them, traveling to Anaheim to meet the 2nd best AL team throughout the year.
A huge series here, in which we have a typical small ball lineup (which hasn't had much success in Oakland this weekend) and a quite talented, all round lineup, featuring several in form hitters right now.
Both pitchers look hittable, even though I do expect Weaver to bounce back from his last poor start, he should still be up for a 6 IP, 6 H, 4 ER type of game, and I expect even less from Schilling. The "bloody sock" has just returned from DL, forget his career numbers at the Angel stadium, he will be in trouble tonight, the Angels are far more dangerous at home than on the road and they should step up big tonight. The only thing stopping me from going even bigger on the over (come on, we're talking two AL lineups here, of possibly two best teams), are the bullpens. Still, the price is excellent, and I'm all over it.
Looking for an 8-5 Angels win.

One more play coming up...

Good luck tonight. :cheers::tiphat:

gl satyr

toronto home dog looks tasty...still looking into numbers..Andy with the cut fastball can be hard on righties but Jays are back in this race and should come to play

grabbing Halos at home at short price against a pitcher just off DL looks good as well

Rockies (Fogg) (1.84 @ Pinnacle) 8 units

Don't fool yourself, the Rockies are still in the game for the division title. They probably won't get it, but they're not that far behind. They're 30-21 at Coors, and Milwaukee can definitely relate to being impressive at home and lackluster on the road, as they absolutely kill everyone in their ballpark (39-20), as opposed to their road record (21-32).
Lately, they weren't that good at home either: The Brewers blew a five-run, ninth-inning lead and lost 8-6 in 11-innings to Philadelphia to finish 3-3 on a homestand against the Phillies and the NL East-leading New York Mets.

It should definitely take its toll, last nights loss that is. Blowing up a huge lead like that and at home isn't the first time they've done it this year, and they will probably have to sit Francisco Cordero for a few games. Fogg isn't that impressive at home (5.40 ERA) but he can still bring some solid stuff to the mound and as opposed to Vargas, who actually owns a similar ERA as Fogg, he is still 9-3 this year.
Taking it on the road might be a different case, not only is Vargas weaker on the road (plus has a 6.75 ERA at Coors), but the whole team seems to underperform away from their park.
Colorado should do the job here, I love the situation and the price.

Thanks Retburj, I do agree. Let's do it tonight buddy. Good luck. :shake: :cheers:

No opinion on the Angel game as yet but am leaning in your direction on the other 3. GL

3 or 4 four letter words. Had no idea Toronto was a morning game. Would have grabbed the total and maybe the side now 1-0 Yanks in the third and I sit here watching :down2:

BOL tonight Satyr - have to say I like those last 4 plays of the day. will be with you on the Angels and Nats.

In for half a unit on Washington. Very good umpire but not so good spot. One thing helps. A lot more film for Washington to study with then the reverse. Frisco batters are shooting blind and with a minor bull pen disadvantage. GL

the Nats surely blew it in the 1st, they should've been up 3:0 by now...now in huge trouble...

Wow...I got another fellow Croat (son of emigrants) saying hello via PM, nice to see fellow countrymen here. :cheers:

pozdrav iz domovine.

Back