MLB Monday Card (3 plays)

hile75

CTG's ambassador of sexy
Totals: 7-2
Favs (140 or less). 3-0

Not a lot of totals I'm thrilled with today because of pitching matchups. Most games have one of my 'over' guys with one of my "under' guys, etc. Anyway, here's the card.

White Sox/Tigers UNDER 9.5 - I thought about selling the half run, as I woulda played this at 8.5. Det looked good in their series vs Texas, and looks to carry that confidence into this series.

Detroit throws Miner today, who I'm really high on. He is currently 1-0 with a 1.59 ERA. Miner did well against the Sox last year going 2-1 with a sub 4 ERA in 5 games (2 starts) vs the Sox last year. Thome is a lifetime 1-11 against Miner.

CWS answers with a very sharp Gavin Floyd. Floyd gave up 2 runs and had 9 K's in 7 innings in his first start this season. Floyd is 4-0 with a 3.23 ERA in career 9 starts vs DET and is 2-0 with a 2.63 ERA in 4 starts at Comerica Park. Can easily see this being a 3-2 final.

Philly -120 (Moyer) - Let's face it, the Nats blow. The Nats are the leagues only winless team, giving up an average of 7.5 runs per game. Cabrera blows and currently has a 7.50 ERA.

Philly is starting to get their shit together. They have won 2 straight and scored 30 runs over their last 4 games (1 in their first two). Moyer had an ok first start, but his numbers against Washington are great. Moyer is 6-0 with an awesome 2.08 ERA in 10 starts vs Washington since 2004, including 2 road wins vs the Nats last year.

Oh yeah, the Phillies won 6 of 9 in Washington last year.

KC -126 (Greinke) - KC really needs to get the bats going, and as odd as it may sound, Carmona might be the man to help KC start hitting. Carmona is 0-1 with a 10-plus ERA. Is Carmona really more than a name at this point? He had 1 good year. Last year he was 8-7 with a 5.44 ERA last year in 22 starts. Last year Carmona was 1-1 vs KC with an 8.74 ERA in 2 starts, giving up 20 hits in 11 and 1/3 innings in those starts.

What else do I need to say about Zach. I've loved this kid for years. Kid has a zero ERA and a 1 WHIP this year. To dig up one more stat for him, including April 2008 and 2009, Greinke is 4-0 with a 1.07 ERA in 6 April starts. 4-1 Royals.

Best of luck today everyone

gl today Hile, i can see chi-town/detroit being low scoring

nice start, keep it rollin son

I am on that WHite Sox under as well. Lets cash it, bro. Hopefully, will be better than that Phillies fiasco.

What else do I need to say about Zach. I've loved this kid for years.

Yup yup.

gl today hile !!!

hile's got a man crush on floyd!!!

I think he's third in the pecking order, with Greinke falling from 1st to scond and Bonifacio being my new darling. I'm riding his ass to fantasy baseball titles this year.

I really think Floyd is a 3.2 to 3.3 ERA guy this year

Last edited:
Back