MLB Monday 9/30

Wiretowire

Pretty much a regular
YTD +385
1-0 last

A bit unusual but I think logical bet today. Problem is I won't know the odds until after game #1 is played but it doesn't matter because we will all know the odds after the first game.

The bet:

Whoever loses game #1 I will bet to win game #2 x50 on the ML.

The reasoning is simple. Win game one and you are in the playoffs. That means you will play again very shortly in round one of the wild card playoffs so why would you do anything but rest your players and save your bullpen (throwing a backup outfielder in relief if you need to go to the pen) in a meaningless game? You wouldn't. A split means Diamondback fans will be very pissed at you for essentially giving away the second game and kicking them out of the playoffs but my thoughts on that are twofold. First, AZ would do the exact same thing if they were in that position and second, AZ should win more games on their own instead of counting on someone else to win games for them. Harsh but completely true.

Loser of Game #1 ML x50

But don't kid yourself the books aren't stupid, and they know exactly what I said is true so they will jack the lines on that game #1 loser to probably -300 or even higher if they set a line at all. Which is why you can't find a line on game #2 as I write this. I say forget the odds and full speed ahead for your usual amount of bet. Anything can happen in baseball, but this could be the best bet all year if the books let us bet it. GL

One thought also is bet the over in game 2 because they are likely to save their pen and let the other team score at will. I'm talking 9 or most likely more runs for one team. GL

I'm on the same wavelength today Wire.

Got the Mets as pups in both games and unloaded on the Over 7.5 for Game 2.

Good luck and enjoy the games.

Thanks Chip. BetMGM doesn't have a line for game 2 yet. Over 7 1/2 is a very good number for the over. GL

Thanks Bulldogs. GL

I'm in at -400 on Atlanta. That's -200/+50. It's up to -500 now and since Diaz threw over 30 pitches to close out game 1, I am adding 100 to Atlanta at -500/+100 now. The books want you to say no way in hell am I laying -500. I wonder why they want you to pass?????

Even if a miracle happens and I am wrong it is a good bet. GL

Thanks Bulldogs. GL

I'm in at -400 on Atlanta. That's -200/+50. It's up to -500 now and since Diaz threw over 30 pitches to close out game 1, I am adding 100 to Atlanta at -500/+100 now. The books want you to say no way in hell am I laying -500. I wonder why they want you to pass?????

Even if a miracle happens and I am wrong it is a good bet. GL
Just the fact that the Mets can exhale and relax while celebrating the entire 2nd game makes this a no brainer. GL!

Back