MLB Monday 8/23

Wiretowire

Pretty much a regular
YTD +7255
1-2 last

Thanks Cash. I appreciate it. GL

Only 7 games today and I don't like most of them.

Texas +2 1/2 +100 - I can't say Allard is better than Eovaldi. He's not. Allard has had 3 pretty good recent starts but before that he got into trouble and Eovaldi has only had two good starts where before that he also got into trouble. Look, Boston may well win this game at home but they sure as hell shouldn't be a -300 plus favorite in this one. Why? Because they are in the playoff hunt? You are going to see that shit down the playoff stretch drive (happens every year) and I hope you understand that teams in the playoff hunt will be WAY heavily favored (to the point of stupidity) but baseball isn't the same as football. Motivation means a lot in football but it means absolutely nothing in baseball. You can try and win a football game but you can't try and win a baseball game. Your mechanics break down and you end up more tight than loose and loose wins baseball games when you just play ball. I have said this for years. You can't try to throw a ball harder or those mechanics break and it goes wild, you can't try to hit a ball harder or (pesky mechanics again) you miss, and you most certainly can't try to catch a ball harder. Eat up these big dogs now and through September. Dinner is served.
Pitt ML -120 - Mejia wasn't much last year for the snakes and he hasn't thrown for them in the majors this year. Crowe is a decent sort who can hold AZ long enough to give the home team the edge here.

GL

Back