MLB Monday 8/10

Wiretowire

Pretty much a regular
YTD +96
1-2 last

a rant....... For years mlb has made little sense to me and I attribute that to being very old and living in the past but it also is in part because mlb makes no fucking sense. Case in point.

so they have a rainout before the game starts or virus cancelled game and they need to play a doubleheader. Fine but they make both ends of the Dh only 7 innings for each game presumably to make them shorter and get both games in? But if they have a game that’s already started and stops because of rain like last nights wash game they will resume the whole game as it suspended in the 6th inning. Resume to finish entirely??? WTF??!? For over 100 years a game that completes 5 innings with one team leading is an official game and ends. But now these crazy fuckers continue that game to its end but make TWO games of a dh shortened to only 7 innings? I give up. This is too nonsensical for me. Who is the commissioner bozo the clown?

all x10 -130

wash/Mets under 9
Oak/Ana under 10

GL

Im very confused. So the Balty/nats game isn’t finished even tho they finished 5 innings? I remember the 1st game of year ESPN guys mentioned they were gonna pick up where they left off no matter what inning but then it turned out they misspoke and yanks won a game that was called after 6 innings!! Then they corrected themselves and said a game would only pick up where left off if they hadn’t completed 5 innings! But now you telling me they are gonna compete yesterday nats game they finished 5 innings?? Are they just making things up as they go??

Sorry bank I heard that early in the season as well and assumed they hadn’t changed it. Didn’t know they misspoke. Glad you come in cause otherwise this old man would wonder around aimlessly and confused in the dark. Thanks for your help now where did I put my pants? GL :)

No wait now I am really confused. That game is listed as suspended and I know it is 5-2 in top of the 6th. Should be listed as final 5 innings. Someone help an old man please. GL

Im very confused. So the Balty/nats game isn’t finished even tho they finished 5 innings? I remember the 1st game of year ESPN guys mentioned they were gonna pick up where they left off no matter what inning but then it turned out they misspoke and yanks won a game that was called after 6 innings!! Then they corrected themselves and said a game would only pick up where left off if they hadn’t completed 5 innings! But now you telling me they are gonna compete yesterday nats game they finished 5 innings?? Are they just making things up as they go??

Game was suspended because the tarp crew couldn’t figure out the tarp and took too long to get it on which ruined the field. Due to MLB rules, this means the game must be suspended and made up at a later date

Game was suspended because the tarp crew couldn’t figure out the tarp and took too long to get it on which ruined the field. Due to MLB rules, this means the game must be suspended and made up at a later date

Not sure why it wouldn’t be same as rain out after 5?

Back