MLB Monday 7/8

Wiretowire

Pretty much a regular
YTD +1300
1-0 last

Trip was great. Wonderful time at the cabin. I hope your 4th was good. Was long coming home though. Had to stop in Montreal to drop off the mother in law. She's 93 so I had to slow the car down at her senior apartment so she could Starsky roll out of the car (google it youngster) and then I circled around to throw her suitcase at her. Tough old bird as she picked herself up, grabbed her suitcase, and waved goodbye.

It did take some 16 hours (normally takes 12) to get back as traffic was out of control. Because of many pileups I had to get off 90 and take backroads in NY state then had to do the same damn thing just across the Ohio border. You know something is wrong when you are at full stop on the interstate.

We did enjoy it though. The wife doesn't mind getting lost with me and seeing the road not normally taken. Even stopped for hot dogs, ice cream, and fruit from farmers market stands. Actually made the vacation last longer so I have to thank the knuckleheads who must drive 90 mph in heavy traffic. These morons never realize that forcing the pace on a holiday just causes crashes and closes the interstate for hours. Not a holiday? Drive as fast as you want just don't kill anyone else with you.

Here's a little fact from an ancient traveler, all interstates have old roads that used to be the only way to get from place to place before the big interstates were built. They still exist and it's actually a lot of fun to get off the highway and see the small towns these old roads go through. it will take you longer but it's a really nice way to see this country instead of just counting mile markers. Some of the old roads: old 20 instead of 90 in NY and PA. Old route 66 instead of 55 and 40. Old 1 instead of 5 in Calif and never take 95 on the east coast. Always take Route 1 there as well. That actually is faster than 95 interstate and you know I'm right if you have ever driven through Wash DC or Baltimore. The 401 runs the entire length of Canada from east to west coast but try old route 2. Every interstate has an old road running parallel to it. Try one sometime.

Just one on a short card.

Atlanta ML -90/+50 - Sale looks good in this spot. New kid going for AZ and that's usually never good. This game in this situation would probably be Atl -280 if they were at home so there is actually some value for the visitors even at the high number. GL

Glad you had a good trip to the cabin and mae it back in one piece. I love ATL today too and think they win wire to wire (no pun intended) so i doubled up on the the F5, with a small under play, hoping for another 6-0 Braves win like yesterday! GL.

In AZ having to get off the interstate often leads to an extra 3 hours of driving. But...happy National Ice Cream month (I think)

Glad you made it back safely

Back