MLB Monday 6/27

Wiretowire

Pretty much a regular
YTD +4450
2-0 last - That's actual capped games. I didn't add in the 1-1 I went with hedge games because that wasn't capped just thrown in for insurance. If you disagree for any reason, feel free to sue me. :)

Series and hedges both worked well. I would have won a lot more without the hedges but I don't bet series parlays without using hedges as insurance.

All x50 each overs -140

Oak/NYY over 8 - Can't bet Oak even with runs because Blackburn was that bad in his last. Can't bet Montgomery because he was bad in last. He will probably bounce back and beat A's today with a decent performance but even though I won't let high odds stop me from betting I can't see giving -300+ here with a bad last start which can always mean an injury. Over is the best attack here if either or both pitchers struggle again.
Minn/Cle over 7 - Both these starters were beaten up pretty good by the other team in their last starts less than a week ago. Can't understand this low total. Should be at least 4-4.
Miami/StLouis over 7 - If you go by names, this should be a pitchers duel. Never go by names. Blind cap on stats alone and don't even look at the names of teams or pitchers. You will be pleased in the long run at how much more you win in MLB. Seriously, people will say shit like "Oh the Yankees can never be beaten by Detroit!" To which I say wanna bet?
Texas ML -120 - I still like this Perez and with low road favovrite odds.
LA ML -170 - Dodgers still high after their come from behind win last night. Really great game. But you probably want to pass on this one as I am backing Anderson who had a bad last and doesn't pitch well on the road. Just a hunch bet for me.
CHW/Ana over 8 - My guess is, that based on his last two starts, Giolito is trying to pitch through an injury. Never a good idea but these guys do it. I bet he is placed on the DL after tonight if it continues. Syndergaard starting to come around but his last was bad. Trying over here.

GL

Last edited:
Note: I am going back to Montreal this Friday and won't be back posting until next Wednesday. (Maybe late Tuesday afternoon) Going to do some work around the apartments and then up north to the cabin for more fun work. Also taking the in laws out for their 70th wedding anniversary Saturday. 70 years???? Who stays married that long? GL

Thanks inzane. Always appreciated. GL

No under the 11* at Coors today?

Thinking maybe LA might be tired after last night's extra frames and then the late trip to altitude, plus Anderson has a good record against his former team...

:pondering:

Passed that under this time Inzane because both starters allowed 4 runs in their last. I go that under at Coors only when both pitchers have allowed no more than 3 runs in each of their last 3 starts. I know people won't believe it but I actually do cap those unders and only when it looks right I fire. GL

P.S. Don't tell anyone I do that. It will ruin my reputation as a blanket bettor. :)

Keep up the great work Wire. I’ve hesitated to post in here for fear of changing the mood of the baseball Gods!

Thanks Wise I appreciate it. You can post in here anytime without fear of the baseball gods mood. Every once in a while, they smack the shit out of me if I get cocky so everyone else can post whenever they like. GL :)

Back