MLB Monday 5/1

Wiretowire

Pretty much a regular
YTD +3470
5-2 last

Thanks Cash. Always appreciated to hear from you. GL

Work in the morning so have to put this in tonight.

All x50 each

Atlanta ML #1 -200 - Maybe they will finally play one of these. Going to list Strider (must start) here and I never do that but if he doesn't go, I don't know who will win this first game.
Atlanta/Mets #2 over 7 - Never was a Morton fan because he walks too many hitters and Megill ugh.
Cle/NYY over 8 - Cle can't score but neither of these starters can pitch so why not try the over?
LA ML -160 - Walker beat up in last by light hitting Seattle and he walks too damn many hitters. Gonsolin one of the best in baseball if he's healthy.

Very tempted by Cinn/SD over 8 1/2 but SD can't hit for shit and scoring 99 runs in a little league park in Mexico over the weekend doesn't count so I passed. GL

ADDING>>>>>>>>>>>>

Grand Salami under 73 1/2 -330/+300 - I don't normally like to bet the GS if there is significantly less than a full slate of 15 games but I will make an exception today. The real total of all games is 68 1/2 and the books have added 5 runs to make the GS 73 1/2. That means they would add 10 runs to a full slate? This is a mistake. All we need is one game to come in at 5 runs and that makes the pressure on all the other games almost 10 runs in each to beat me. I'll take that bet. GL

I actually thought going into the Mexico series it might be just what the pads offense needed to jump start them. We see if they get going now but damn you would think this lineup is gonna hit and score runs! The front 4 guys in the lineup are all all-stars! No pitcher can possibly wake up happy they pitching to tatis jr, machado, soto, bogarts, the back 5 aint exactly chopped liver either!

They need soto to stop being so hell bent on drawing walks and more interested in doing damage! Most the greats who walked a lot didn’t do so cause that was their goal! It was cause pitchers refused to come anywhere near the plate against them! Barry bonds wasn’t taking meatballs to work the count, When he got a meatball he put it in the Bay! Soto stares at way too many strikes just to work a count, dude should have took the 450 mil nats offered him if that how he gonna approach at bats! Nobody else paying him that to draw walks, when you get a pitch you can drive freaking drive it! With those guys surrounding you in lineup you are gonna get pitches to drive!! Drive them!!

Anyways since I thought that going in and they did mostly hit the ball well in Mexico I think it gonna carry over. No park should be able to contain this offense. I never trust Snell, I think he better than his current stats but who knows what ya get from him start to start? Right now he has freaking 18 walks in 23 innings, that a recipe to give up runs vs any lineup! Not sure bout weaver either? He striking ppl out at a good clip but he also getting smashed! He has a very nice 16:4 k:bb ratio in 11 innings but he has given up 5 bombs in those 2 starts! This a tough lineup who should crush mistakes. Over def makes sense here to me.

Bank, what I am about to say will probably be very controversial, but stats don't lie. I think Soto is overrated and a hole in their offense. Truly, he reminds me so much of Arod I can't stand it. If he does get a HR or big hit it's after the score is 9-1 or some shit like that. I have yet to see him come through in the clutch. 5 HR's and a .202 batting average is horrible after 100 at bats. And you say he gets a lot of walks? That makes it even worse. These guys should all be hitting .360 this early in the season. The fact they are hitting around .200 means they will be hitting around .150 after 500 at bats. Averages are always very high early because each hit raises the average significantly but later with a ton of at bats hits don't move the average much. Even considering the precious OPS he is only at .373 which is so pathetically bad I can't even talk about it. Guys that hit .220 usually have an OPS of .600. Plus, you are right he has 27 walks and that all adds into the OPS so the only thing this guy does to contribute to the team is get a walk. Pathetic. Honestly, I would trade him now and take a box of baseballs for him. GL

I don’t totally disagree, I think you being a bit harsh but some of it fair, I certainly have criticisms of him. He was great at a very young age, he was the driving force on offense for nats WS (at 21!) so I think he clearly has it in him. I just don’t like his mindset/approach, a guy as talented as him should be looking to do damage not draw walks, obviously if pitchers just not throwing you strikes you gonna walk which is fine but he is taking hittable pitches trying to work counts, I’ve never seen a guy of his caliber stair at so many called 3rd strikes then being disgusted w ump, stop showing off your eye and hit the freaking ball already! We gonna have to disagree on thinking his average will be lower later in the season, my guess he be close to .270-.280 when all said and done but this kid should be a .300 hitter minimum (probably closer to .320 without the shift!) while hitting 30+ bombs and driving in 100+ . There is value in making pitchers throw a lot of pitches but when you as talented as him and taking meatballs early in the count he sacrificing too much. I think he will figure it out, he too damn talented not to and like I said we have seen him do it on the biggest stage at a very young age. He has as much protection around him as any star in the game right now, he will figure it out and he will go on a tear when he does.

I thought he was swinging earlier in counts tonight and fouling off some pitches, he been driving the ball a bit more the last several days. It coming for him and this whole offense, I think the Mexico trip helped jump start these guys and we see them go on quite a run of offensive going forward. I played their team total over parlayed with them to win gm1 and will prob be doing more of that until their numbers go up. That lineup team total being 4.5 vs weaver and a suspect pen was crazy low, now the time to buy on pads imo.

Last edited:
Back