MLB - Monday 4/1

GameHunter

Pretty much a regular
SEASON: 1-0, +2.1375 Units

RED SOX +105 (1.75 Units) - Let's face it the Yankees are completely depleted due to injuries. Derek Jeter, Alex Rodriguez, Mark Teixeira and Curtis Granderson will all be starting the season on the disabled list and CC Sabathia has an 8-9 record with a 4.23 ERA in 22 career starts against the "Sawx." In addition, Sabathia struggled in March and is a notorious slow starter. In his first start the L7 years, he has tossed 35.3 innings and allowed 45 hits and 29 earned runs (7.39 ERA) with a 30:17 K:BB ratio. Lester was outstanding this spring tossing 24 innings and allowing just 8 hits and 2 earned runs (0.75 ERA) with a 20:4 K:BB ratio. I don't think the Sox are as down as people think. They have a lineup advantage today and I might go as far as saying they have a pitching edge based upon current form.

KANSAS CITY +129 (1.5 UNITS) - I really like this Royals' team and it easily is their best squad in the last decade. Big Game James Shields is a warrior and today's matchup pits two of the top 15 pitchers in the AL as he faces Chris Sale. I am higher on KC than the Pale Hose this year and believe the Royals have some outstanding arms in their bullpen. I like KC's lineup and at best say the lineups are even. I think the pitching is somewhat even but give the KC a bullpen advantage. I like that some of KC's hitters have had success against Sale. Butler, Cain, Escobar, Gets, Perez and Moustakas are a combined 37 for 102 for a .363 average against Sale and I see this game priced about 20-25 cents too high.

Last edited:
SEASON: 1-0, +2.1375 Units

RED SOX +105 (1.75 Units) - Let's face it the Yankees are completely depleted due to injuries. Derek Jeter, Alex Rodriguez, Mark Teixeira and Curtis Granderson will all be starting the season on the disabled list and CC Sabathia has an 8-9 record with a 4.23 ERA in 22 career starts against the "Sawx." In addition, Sabathia struggled in March and is a notorious slow starter. In his first start the L7 years, he has tossed 35.3 innings and allowed 45 hits and 29 earned runs (7.39 ERA) with a 30:17 K:BB ratio. Lester was outstanding this spring tossing 24 innings and allowing just 8 hits and 2 earned runs (0.75 ERA) with a 20:4 K:BB ratio. I don't think the Sox are as down as people think. They have a lineup advantage today and I might go as far as saying they have a pitching edge based upon current form.

Dont sell urself short Game, you are 2-0!!! good call on the stros last night

Thx TJ!

When playing correlated first half and games together, I count it as 1-0 or 0-1 if they both have the same result. I footnoted it in yesterday's post.

Good luck GH, with you on BoSox and Royals. Health on Angels

There are currently 1575 users browsing this thread. (22 members and 1553 guests)
Holy shit you've brought a following. I remember when I first told you about this place back in '07 or '08. LOL. Hopefully some of your following will sign up.

Not sure if it is something I am doing but tried to set up instant notifications of posting to this thread but haven't got an email all day. Maybe I have to reply? Or does anyone know if they are working? Thanks in advance.

Not sure if it is something I am doing but tried to set up instant notifications of posting to this thread but haven't got an email all day. Maybe I have to reply? Or does anyone know if they are working? Thanks in advance.

thread tools and subscribe to this thread. if that did not work, well, thats all i got...

Back