MLB Monday 10/7

Wiretowire

Pretty much a regular
YTD +259.5

Yesterday

MLB 3-0 = +15 (Includes Grand Salami over)
NFL 2-4 = -11
WNBA 0-1 = -5.5

Thanks for the responses yesterday. I appreciate it. GL

I don't like this Monday NFL night game so I am just doing baseball today.

Sides: All for 5 units

Oakland/Detroit over 7 -110

Sanchez should win but the over looks safer to me.

Pittsburgh ML +100

Making Pitt a dog at home is bias toward St Louis for no reason. Morton has been solid at home. Wacha is good but just because St Louis MUST win they make them the road favorite? It doesn't work like that in baseball.

Boston ML -110

Red Sox have hammered Cobb all year. Cobb can certainly pitch but Boston is 4-0 against him and I think it will be 5-0 and the end of this series as well. Did I mention that MUST win doesn't work in baseball?

Atlanta/LA over 7 1/2 -110

I struggled with this one because I don't like a side (Atlanta gun to my head) and I had to go with something so I chose the over. Probably not a bad guess because neither of these pitchers belongs in the playoffs. Wish this was 7 but I said I wouldn't buy runs. If I were you I would buy 1/2 off this total and make it 7 to allow a push.

Just a note....... If your only reason for betting on a team is because they MUST win then you need to realize that they MUST not have wanted to win in 2 out of 3 of the previous games. Or TB must not have needed or wanted to win either of the first two games against Boston. The simple fact that you really, really, really want to win in baseball has no effect on the outcome of a game. I have said this a million times so arguing this point will result in me really, really, wanting to be you bookie and me then smiling sadly at you. Cap the games whatever way you cap games using pitchers, stats, trends, how the stars are aligned, throwing darts, whatever but please leave the "MUST WIN" out of it. GL

Last edited:
Cards and Pirates were on TV
I left the room to take a pee
When I returned I noted with glee
Cards had tied it at 3 to 3
Thanks, Wire
I enjoyed both winners immensely.
GL today

BOL, Wire. Only disagree with the pit/stl game, so good health there.

btw, think you're reading too much into someone's generalized/innocuous comment. can't believe anyone's using that as their main reasoning. prolly just quickly throwing a phrase out there because a couple of these are elimination games.

BOL, Wire. Only disagree with the pit/stl game, so good health there.

btw, think you're reading too much into someone's generalized/innocuous comment. can't believe anyone's using that as their main reasoning. prolly just quickly throwing a phrase out there because a couple of these are elimination games.

Plenty of people use that as their logic & the lines often reflect what Wire is saying

Thanks Yanks. I think Cash is right. You would be surprised how many people use that must win as their main reason for betting. I'm just trying to remind them that it doesn't work too well in baseball. That comment of mine was mostly for the non members that view all of our threads and they may not have heard me say those things before. I just want them to be careful when deciding which team to bet on. GL

Like Pitt. Like Morton. Played Cards first 5 very small. Really no choice. Holbrook the ump 6.75 ERA with Morton based on 9.1 innings.
Morton 2-9 vs Cards with an ERA over time of 6.52 with the team. Wacha in the day 2.51 ERA. Morton 4.83
Wacha on 6 days rest 2.50 ERA
Morton on 6 days rest 3.29 ERA
Hope Pitt survives but honest betting calls for a bet on Cards. Did first 5 hoping Pitt comes back. GL

Kershaw in for gas can Nolasco, this is an interesting move by Mattingly. On 4 days rest after throwing 124 pitches, I how good Kershaw is but this may be asking a lot & if the Braves find a way to pull this game out they would have Kershaw out of the way when they return to Atlanta. Not sure I understand this move it is like an "all in move" by the Dodgers who hold the series lead....why????

Kershaw in for gas can Nolasco, this is an interesting move by Mattingly. On 4 days rest after throwing 124 pitches, I how good Kershaw is but this may be asking a lot & if the Braves find a way to pull this game out they would have Kershaw out of the way when they return to Atlanta. Not sure I understand this move it is like an "all in move" by the Dodgers who hold the series lead....why????

They have the braves on the ropes, that beat down last night took a lot of confidence outta them. If the braves were to win tonite they take back all the momentum and as you know anything goes in game 5 esp at home. You have the chance to step on their throats and go for the kill - you do it

They have the braves on the ropes, that beat down last night took a lot of confidence outta them. If the braves were to win tonite they take back all the momentum and as you know anything goes in game 5 esp at home. You have the chance to step on their throats and go for the kill - you do it

I would rather have Kershaw as an insurance policy if a game 5 happened

Back