MLB Monday 10/31 World Series

Wiretowire

Pretty much a regular
YTD +2209
1-0 last

Again, great calls Inzane. GL

Philly +2 1/2 (-260) -130/+50 - Home crowd in Philly will go ape shit but, and I know you probably disagree with me, that won't have any bearing on the performance of the home team. If it did a home team would never lose especially in the playoffs. But having lived a few years in Philadelphia I know the fans there are particularly vicious. Even more so than NY fans. If they choose to, and trust me they will, they will ride the Astro players unmercifully and if they get inside the head of a player or two, they could affect the Astro performance to a negative degree. The other thing about Philly fans is in any other park in the country if the visitors jump out to a lead the fans will shut up and eat their hot dogs. If Houston jumps out to a lead in Philly it just pisses them off more and they get really nasty. Will this help the home team win? I don't know but I will enjoy watching it. I might even turn the sound up for a little while just to hear them because I miss them. (He said with a tear in his eye)

But the basis for this bet is not because of the crowd. It's because Mccullers got hit pretty good in his last against the Yankees. The danger here though is that while Syndergaard pitched well in his last, they have used him mostly in relief or short stints. That means they will go to the pen early especially if he gets in trouble. And we have to face the fact that that may be a good thing since he really hasn't been great since he has been back. Make no mistake this bet isn't without risk because Synny baby could get rocked early but I am betting Philly can stay close. Would I bet Philly ML? Not even with your money as any psychological advantage they had from coming back in game #1 was erased by Houston in game #2.

As for a total, runs will be scored but the books are getting up there with this 8 total and buying down to 6 1/2 is about the same odds (-240) as getting + runs so give me the runs. GL

Thanks Wire. Yeah, the books caught up with the total. I'll be tailing that over 6*.

:cheers3:

Phillies offense don’t play at home. I have both teams to score over 1.5 1st 5 and game over 8. Gl brother

Unfortunate rainout. Wondering if this changes the rotations at all. We all know how managers love to overthink it this time of year.

Also took the Phils for the game and their tt over 3*.

Got a small play on them for the series too, so that first game was helpful...

1st game got me some hedge off my Philly future at way better price than that -180 bs coming into series. That was big for me.

Be lovely if Philly could go up 2-1 and I can get another bite the Stros apple. Not too much cause I’m still not sure Philly doesn’t win, I don’t think wheeler and Nola will be as bad 2nd time. Really Nola was great besides pitching to tucker, wheeler I just trust to bounce back.

Back