MLB (Kind of) Thursday 6/27

Wiretowire

Pretty much a regular
YTD +19.7

4-4 yesterday = -20

If you haven't figured it out yet weird shit happens in my threads. Today is no exception.

Parlays:

Texas/NYY over 7 1/2 -170
Montreal -4 -110 (CFL)

-10/+20.3

Anaheim/Detroit over 7 1/2 -170
Montreal -4 -110 (CFL)

-10/+20.3

Toronto +2 1/2 -190
Montreal -4 -110 (CFL)

-10/+19.1

Toronto +2 1/2 -190
Montreal -4 -110 (CFL)

-4/+25.4
Montreal -4 -110 (CFL)

-4/+15.3

Toronto +2 1/2 -190
Montreal -4 -110 (CFL)

-4/+14.5

Toronto +2 1/2 -190
Montreal -4 -110 (CFL)

-4/+14.5

Montreal -4 -110 (CFL) 20 units

I know there is a football forum but this game is a key part to my baseball bets today with all the parlays. I am putting it in here because I couldn't figure out a way to post this stuff since I don't like any of the MLB without this CFL game. Sue me.

Oh, and why do I like this Montreal so much? I guess I should write it up......

Montreal is loaded as usual and Winnipeg is struggling as usual. Throw in some great additions on offense and defense for the Als coupled with injuries and question marks for the Bombers and you should have the makings of a rout tonight in Winnipeg. Pierce is no Cavillo and Cavillo should have a field day against a very questionable Winnipeg secondary. A sold out 33,000 at the new stadium will probably be rocking at the start and by halftime they should be sipping beer quietly in their seats. This shapes up as a very good bet as 4 is not nearly enough to keep Winnipeg in the game. I see a 20+ victory for Montreal tonight but remember my wife is from Montreal and she made me say that. GL :)

I like it Wire, my Canadian buddy who works down here is all over the Alouettes here. The line movement against us is concerning but it could be someone just messing with the number trying to lay 3.

GL tonight...

well hell old man, what other way can u play it...cause U know damn good and well I would tell her that U bet against her home team :) ...homer

And since U know I dont know a thing about football, I had to take a look at this one. Does not Dan Hawkins being the new coach of the Montreal Alouettes concern u a bit as he will try to continue the success his team enjoyed under Marc Trestman.Calvillo is 40-years old and Father Time forgives nobody.() I know that very well Additionally, the Als have an entire new coaching staff with no CFL experience and that’s a huge obstacle to overcome. Montreal also has a slew of new personnel and most of them are veterans or castoffs that have worn out their welcome elsewhere. This is an old team in a young man’s game and although the Als have plenty of experience, they have not played together and it would be of no surprise if they were a step slower than the other teams and a bit out of sync as well. The Alouettes defense is another area of concern, where they were torched constantly last season by every efficient offense in the CFL and it may be the same story this year.
The Bombers were torched in their two preseason games by a combined score of 76-6 and that has many believing this edition of the Bombers is no better off and maybe worse than a year ago. I dont know yet, but Winnipeg showed nothing in the preseason.Nothing They played mostly backups and had no desire to do anything but evaluate players on the bubble. Tim Burke took over the coaching duties eight games into the season a year ago and lost the first three but then Winnipeg closed with a 4-3 record under Burke. Burke’s track record as a defensive coordinator prior to the interim gig last year suggests he’s ready for the full-time challenge as well. I think Winnipeg is much better than last season and if their QB Pierce remains healthy, they will be a tough out every single week. Winnipeg is balance of offense and defense and they’re extremely well-coached (Burke brought back Casey Creehan as defensive coordinator and Creehan was in charge of Winnipeg’s defensive line during their impressive 2011 season). Opening up at home with a clean slate in their new stadium in front of a packed house, the Bombers offer up tremendous value here.
I havent made a play on this game yet...but U know I will as I cant let a football came pass me up

Hittem hard King

btw I played the Tex side and the Over 8

I have to agree with bloodhound here on the CFL outlook.

Montreal could very well win this one in blow-out fashion, but this Winnipeg team always performs better at home than it does in any other stadium. Add in the fact that it is a new stadium for Montreal (including Calvillo who has probably played more games in the Old Stadium than most of the current Bombers) who will not be accustom to the surroundings. Winnipeg should be extremely motivated after their dismal start last year where they played a bunch of games on the road while this new stadium was being constructed. Hell, they lost EVERY one on the road if I remember right. Essentially, Winnipeg has been waiting for this moment since the beginning of LAST season. Then you throw in the fact that they played all their back-ups/cut players for the pre-season games, you have one hell of a mystery in the Winnipeg Bluebombers. What are they going to bring to the field? Nobody knows. I expect a motivated squad behind a rowdy crowd. It's too bad this wasn't on a friday because I would figure the rye and beers would be flowing like water in Calgary....

Anyways best of luck mate, I hope to heck these Alouettes cover for you.

ADDING>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hell my old uncle always said when you see the best bet you've seen in years you go in for the kill.

Montreal -2 -110 20 more units.

GL

Best of luck with the heavy wager on Montreal mate. I hope it cashes!

I'm on the over in this one... I think we get a few turnovers that will result in quick points!

If it is any consolation... my Indian Reserve book (sportsinteraction) has Montreal -3.5 (-110) so you got a very nice price at -2 in my opinion.

I highly doubt 'sharp' money is moving a line on a Week 1 CFL game, but grabbing -2 instead of -4 is definitely nice.

Back