MLB Hump Day Plays (3 again)

hile75

CTG's ambassador of sexy
Totals - 3-0
Favs (-140 or less) - 2-0

I like todays card better than yesterdays, which really scares me. We'll see.

Marlins -130 (Volstad) - For those not familiar with Volstad, he's good. I prefer him to Johnson, who pitched a superb game yesterday. Volstad was only 6-4 last year, but had a 2.88 ERA in 14 starts and 1 relief appearence. I think it was VegasKyle last night who said "the ball looks like a beach ball to the Marlins right now" and that's so true. In the first 3 innings of each game, the Marlins are outscoring the Nats 14-0. Only downer for today is that Leo Nunez is probably not available out of the pen today.

The Nats send Daniel Cabrera to the lions today. Cabrera was 8-10 with a cruddy 5.25 ERA last year. In one start vs the Marlins, Cabrera went 5 and 2/3 giving up 6 runs in a loss. I can't believe this game is at -130, should be closer to -155. Good luck getting those bats going Washington.

Atl/Phi UNDER 9 - I'm gonna keep this writeup brief. Besides Howard, the Phillies aren't looking good. They stranded 11 runners Tuesday and Rollins and Victorino are a combined 1-16 thus far. I know everyones gonna say they have to bust out, but they really don't. I can see 2-3 at best. Philles bring Blanton to the hill, and I have more faith in him than I do Moyer and Myers. Can easily see this endind 4-2 with two really good pens at the backend.

KC/CWS UNDER 8.5 - LOVE these two pitchers. These teams easily went under in the first game. Gavin Floyd takes the hill for the Sox today. I really wish the Phills wouldn't have moved him. anyway, Floyd was 17-8 last year with. 3.84 ERA which I expect to go down this year. Floyd was 10-3 last year at home and in 2 games against the Royals, he was 1-1 with. 2.08 ERA. Greinke had arocky spring for KC. He also has suspect numbers against KC in his career. I get it. That being said, I love his arm and he did finish last year with a 3.47 ERA last year. He got in all the work he needed to in pre-season and should come out strong today. The Sox bats weren't impressive yesterday. I think the Sox win again, something like 5-1.

Best of luck again today everyone

GL Hile. Like your Marlins play. Cabrera was 2-11 in Interleague games during is Oriole tenure.

Ive been looking at the fish for some time,I cant work the price out either.. I base nearly all my picks around prices(think u gathered) ,Im very close to betting them,dont like chalk,but in the right spots its fine..whats the catch ?

Hopefully another great day for you mate,GL

Vikes, another great number, I like it.

I think there are two reasons why its so low. I think the books are undervaluing Volstad's ability and I think they are looking at the run support that he got last year. Either way its a horrible line. This Marlins team is gonna have staying power and will be relevant come September, I have no doubt.

Was with you on that under in the Phillies game. Looks like we JUST missed it. LOL.

Keep up the good work. Sorry I jinxed your under play.

Back