MLB Friday World Series 10/28

Wiretowire

Pretty much a regular
YTD +1809

Thanks Inzane. Always appreciated. GL

Not going to do an in depth look at this game or series. There is enough info to go around. Just a few snapshots.

Pitching - Houston Verlander, Valdez, Javier, and Mccullars are much better than Nola, Suarez, Wheeler, and Wheeler.
Hitting - Houston has a more consistent offense than Philly. More hitters throughout the lineup. Philly can be hot or cold and when they get hot they are unstoppable. But will they get hot against the Astro staff?
Defense - Both equally just as good or as bad.
Coaching - Hands down my wife will tell you Philly has a big advantage because their coach is Canadian. I'm not sure that helps but god help you if all your money is depending on Dusty Baker and that's all I am going to say about that. I will grant that both have done a good job even getting their teams here.
Intangibles - Both teams go to sleep at the worst times and both offenses are reasonably inconsistent also at times.
Cheating - This is no doubt one of the Astros strong suits as they have proven in the past, they can cheat with the best of them. The 1919 White Sox have nothing on the Astros. Oh, shit. Did I say that out loud? My bad.

Don't care who wins any of these games as that would take a crystal ball much shinier than mine. But I will mess around with the totals some.

Phil/Houston over 5 -480/+200 - Any pitchers, any teams, any park, every time. GL

#BlackSox

Think there's only one pitching staff incapable of losing 4 out of 7 and you didn't even include Garcia in there.

Enjoy the Series!

Thanks KJ. I agree with you. It does seem like a forgone conclusion pitching wise. And thank you for getting the fact that I was joking. After I wrote that "cheating" bit I was waiting for an Astros fan to come in and get all fired up about it. I was even prepared to pound out morse code for "I'm sorry I was joking" on a dugout trash can. GL

• Haha
Reactions: KJ
Thanks Tim. Yes, it is true, I don't like Dusty. I guess he's ok as long as he isn't burning up young arms. GL

I think Nola/wheeler can go toe to toe with Stros best, it’s true once we get to game 3 and 4 the pitching shifts to a large advantage for houston but those games being played in Philly where I think they can get to pretty much any pitcher in their park right now.

Last edited:
Thanks Bank good stuff. I think Houston may hammer Nola tonight, but I don't know what to expect from Verlander. But then I don't trust Nola so my take on it is probably skewed because I don't trust him which is why I passed on the side. GL

Thanks for the post Wire and good luck.

I'm on the over 6, Hou tt over 3*, and hoping JV is not up to speed with a small play on the Phils...

:cheers3:

Back