MLB FRIDAY thoughts and Plays

Troutman

Calculated Risk Taker
First point of Discussion....Why are the Braves getting so much Love? Man i hate to bet against the home team but, Cormier with that iffy last outing as well as trying to find his groove and people are still betting the braves based on name recognition..The braves have problems with Lefties and they just faced Marshall, he shut them down only allowing 6 hits and 1 earned run.

The best play on the board is the cubs, I cant expect for Cormier to come back slinging heat and racking up k's if he couldnt even make it out of the 4th inning, Bobby is gonna leave him in there a while and let him struggle, he doesnt care about one game he wants Cormier to get healthy and be ready to pitch at full strength....

Probably gonna make this a 5 to ten unit Wager, I am however gonna let the line keep dropping, and I might spread my wager between the 1st five innnings line and the game line just incase the Cubs bullpen screws me...It happened before, i think we have all been victim to that.

GL

Still Looking at the rest of the Card.

Last edited:
I'm puzzled by that too. Atlanta opened at +128, and is now at EVEN. What is happening!

Its that Name recognition and thats it, they are historically bad at hitting lefties, this guy just shut them down last week and now people want to pound this game....Thats stupid, look for more of the same from Marshall he is the Cubs best pitcher IMO....

Slight Lean on Arizona, Simply being a play on value, they have the bats to hang with the Sox. Doug Davis has been pretty solid, @ that price it seem slike its worth a shot.

Whats the deal with the Price Tag on Oakland are they that bad away from Home? Gaudin has been a stud...Am i missing something?

BRAVES:spank:

Seriously, if this line gets to even or PK, man that is a lot of steam and a lot fo wrong people imo.

I think many bettors respect one simple number. Braves in second game of series after a loss 8-1. GL

I think many bettors respect one simple number. Braves in second game of series after a loss 8-1. GL

not relevant to me.

Its how they are playing now (terrible). Its the starting pitcher they are trotting out there to keep them in the game (awful), its the price (-111). There is no value in the Braves at +101, maybe +140 but not +101.

GL today Trout. perhaps the people are expecting the Cubs to choke because everyone hates them. Me for instance, I hate the Cubs and would love to see them lose for pure enjoyment

Cubs Atlanta is not on my list so the result is not inportant to me but Atlanta pitcher will I think pitch much better than you expect looking at his history and while you may not value the 8-1 angle there are large bettors who do. GL

Cubs Atlanta is not on my list so the result is not inportant to me but Atlanta pitcher will I think pitch much better than you expect looking at his history and while you may not value the 8-1 angle there are large bettors who do. GL

Do you think he gives up 3er or less?

Normally I would say Yes. The umpire in this game is Floating Strike Zone Gibson and I try very hard not to bet on his games as I said GL I hope you win

Chicago Cubs-115 Fri@7:35p
Competitor: (902) Atlanta Braves

Risk 4 units to win 3.8 units

and

baseball - Props: 5 Inning Lines (5inn.)Moneyline
NATIONAL LEAGUE
(901) Chicago Cubs-120 Fri@7:35p

Competitor: (902) Atlanta Braves
* Sean Marshall (L) must throw first pitch for Chicago Cubs or this pick is NO ACTION.
* Lance Cormier (R) must throw first pitch for Atlanta Braves or this pick is NO ACTION.

Risk 5 units to win 4 units

hate doing it but its gonna happen......

adding dbacks +1.5 rl -120 to win 1.3 units.....The Boston bats are cooling down and the Dback sluggers are defintly capable of touching up Beckett and Co., especially at home...

at the very very least, you have definitely scared me off the Braves, Trout, lol. Thanks in advance, and I hope you get this one.

adding dbacks +1.5 rl -120 to win 1.3 units.....The Boston bats are cooling down and the Dback sluggers are defintly capable of touching up Beckett and Co., especially at home...

That's an interesting play trout, I guess the D-Backs do have the bats to hang with them like you said. Davis just scares me because he walks too many guys. Maybe the under, what do you think about the total?

Back