MLB Friday- the dark side of man

tee*dub

Head of Loggerhead Turtle Society
wk of 7/28, 7-5, (+1395)

wk of 8/4, 8-2, (+9400)

wk of 8/11, 10-2, (+15461)

wk of 8/18, 1-3, (-4481)

Total last couple weeks; 26-12, (+21,775)

1-1 on Wednesday, only 4 plays this week. Terrible cards for my capping style.

Bet a RL earlier in the week (against my rules) and going further to the dark side today by betting a big favorite (rarely play over -150). I see value and I am pulling the trigger.

Cardinals -210, 4 units (4200-2000)

Again, not crazy about the number but I believe the Cardinals win this game 3 out of 4 times, thus value. Been waiting on this spot for various reasons some of which I will summarize below.

• Wainwright- Last we saw AW was in early June. He was cruising and was in early contention for the NL CY young with several others. Then came the injury- ruptured tendon in middle finger of throwing hand. Went on DL June 7, back tonight and reports show he has his full assortment of pitches including his signature 12/6 curveball.
  • Joel Pineiro- Mention him because in an odd twist of scheduling the Cardinals have several days off during the current three week period and have decided to use a 4 man rotation. Odd man out is Pineiro who has had three stellar starts in a row, winning all three and going deep in each. The reason he is important tonight is as follows.. Two possible scenarios can play out tonight regarding Wainwright IMO. 1) he pitches fine goes into the 6th or 7th (stated 85-90 pitch count by Larussa this morning) and turns it over to a very well rested and effective bullpen (next bullet point) OR he has medical problems early. If the second scenario plays out Pineiro is the guy and as stated I am very comfortable with him in this spot should Wainwright fail, medically
  • Cards bullpen (and pitching for that matter) Much has been written about the Cards lack of pitching in some of these threads. I always encourage cappers to look at the current body of work not the season long numbers. For example the Cards SP in August has been stellar, 9-6 record, 3.12 ERA.. But onto the bullpen which is the discussion for the game at hand.. Two days off this week (Monday and Thursday) have left them very well rested. As everyone knows, Izzy is gone and Franklin has been exiled to the 6th inning or mopup duty.. Leaves a very good end of the game punch in Garcia, Springer, McClelland and closer Perez.. I'll take it.
  • Love Wainwright against the Braves.. Only two career starts but 2-0 with 1.29 ERA.. Was drafted by the Braves, traded to Cardinals early in his career (for JD Drew) and always gets up for starts against his old team.
  • Braves-- this lineup, sans chipper Jones, can be dominated right now. They have scored only 33 runs in last 11 games, 10 of those losses.
  • Morton, RHP, Braves. His most recent start was decent but against weak hitting SF. Lets look at his start on 7/28 vs redbirds. 3 2/3 innings pitched, 8ERs, 4 BBs. A pitcher with an ERA hovering around 6 vs a lineup that has recently feasted on him.. Yep.
  • Cards lineup. vs RHP is powerful.. Ankiel who hit a bomb Wednesday will protect Pujols in the 4 hole. Expect Schumacher and Ludwick 1 and 2 and Glaus 5... Second base will be interesting.. Expect to see resurgent Felipe Lopez there again tonight. He has become a Larussa favorite since his waiver wire pick of from the Nats a few weeks ago.. Hitting .300+ since his arrival with gap power and can play multiple positions.
Add to the fact the Braves got in from NY and to their hotel early this morning and I think this one has all the ingredients. Don't like laying 200+ but rolling with it fellas... GL on the night.

May add a smaller play or two..:cheers:

sRoOPUnO.jpg

"Friday is all I can really think about," Wainwright said. "I expect to go out there and compete and do very well. I'm snapping the ball as hard or harder than I have all year."

they better not win by 1 :nono::eyes:

:23_31_4:

4 of his 7 wins this year have been by one run.. I wouldn't lay -220 if I didn't think they were going to dominate but definately wouldn't play the RL given Wainwright's career propensity for tight games..Think you will hit it though bro gl:cheers:

4 of his 7 wins this year have been by one run.. I wouldn't lay -220 if I didn't think they were going to dominate but definately wouldn't play the RL given Wainwright's career propensity for tight games..

I'd accept a push for laying fifty cents, but I'll be damned if I was going to expose myself to a loss because of a one-run StL victory.

Since July 7, Chipper is batting only .263 with a .384 OBP and a .325 SLG. Before July 7, Chipper was batting .391 with a .488 OBP and a .631 SLG. With such a diluted lineup surrounding him, Larry isn’t getting much to hit.

Wow ! I am shocked to see you of all the times to lay chalk here to do so here . Wainwright has topped out at 64 pitches and really hasnt been stretched out at all. Hard to see he goes past 75 pitches knowing how cautious LaRussa will approach this game .....Got me rethinking my ATL leans and prop plays....BOL:cheers:

Wow ! I am shocked to see you of all the times to lay chalk here to do so here . Wainwright has topped out at 64 pitches and really hasnt been stretched out at all. Hard to see he goes past 75 pitches knowing how cautious LaRussa will approach this game .....Got me rethinking my ATL leans and prop plays....BOL:cheers:

dude line movin down now.. bad sign.. u might be right about wainwright comin out shitty tonight off DL

• Love Wainwright against the Braves.. Only two career starts but 2-0 with 1.29 ERA.. Was drafted by the Braves, traded to Cardinals early in his career (for JD Drew) and always gets up for starts against his old team.

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left>Pitchers</TD><TD>IP</TD><TD> H</TD><TD> R</TD><TD>ER</TD><TD>BB</TD><TD>SO</TD><TD>HR</TD><TD noWrap>PC-ST</TD><TD>ERA</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>A Wainwright (W, 7-3)</TD><TD>6.0</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>1</TD><TD noWrap>72-47</TD><TD>3.04</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

:smiley_acbe:

Cards lineup. vs RHP is powerful..

<TABLE class=linescore cellSpacing=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=team style="WIDTH: 7em! important"></TD><TD class=period style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">1</TD><TD class=period style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">2</TD><TD class=period style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">3</TD><TD class=period style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">4</TD><TD class=period style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">5</TD><TD class=period style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">6</TD><TD class=period style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">7</TD><TD class=period style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">8</TD><TD class=period style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">9</TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; FONT-WEIGHT: bold; TEXT-ALIGN: center">R</TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; FONT-WEIGHT: bold; TEXT-ALIGN: center">H</TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; FONT-WEIGHT: bold; TEXT-ALIGN: center">E</TD></TR><TR><TD class=team style="WIDTH: 7em! important">ATL (56-73) </TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">0</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">0</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">0</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">0</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">1</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">0</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">0</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">0</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">2</TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; FONT-WEIGHT: bold; TEXT-ALIGN: center">3</TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; FONT-WEIGHT: bold; TEXT-ALIGN: center">10 </TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; FONT-WEIGHT: bold; TEXT-ALIGN: center">0 </TD></TR><TR><TD class=team style="WIDTH: 7em! important">STL (72-58) </TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">0</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">4</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">0</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">2</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">6</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">3</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">0</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">3</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">- </TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; FONT-WEIGHT: bold; TEXT-ALIGN: center">18</TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; FONT-WEIGHT: bold; TEXT-ALIGN: center">26 </TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; FONT-WEIGHT: bold; TEXT-ALIGN: center">0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

:smiley_acbe:

Nice job. Atl had there shot in the 1st when they had 1st and 2nd 1 out with McCann and Infante up both neither came through and it was literally game over after that...nice to have those type wins...

Back