MLB Friday plays

Satyr

Paster of Muppets
MLB 2007: 11 W-1V-9 L +2.56 units

Orioles (Cabrera) (1.80 @ Pinnacle) 7 units

Counting on the Orioles to do the job here. Daniel Cabrera is boasting a healthy 3.66 ERA after 19 innings of work this season, and from what I've seen from him, this guy has been great. Doesn't give too much walks, or chances in general for that matter, he's been calm, focused and sharp.
Add the fact Baltimore are winners of 7 out of their last 10 and 8 out of 12 and you have a solid looking bunch there.

Cabrera is a typical night pitcher and I think he has what it takes to face this Blue Jays lineup, he's shown it last season after all. Cabrera is 4-5 with a 4.16 ERA in 11 starts against the Jays.
Orioles pen has done the job as well, limiting opposition to 2.87 ERA.
A.J. Burnett (1-1, 7.07 ERA) faces the Orioles for the first time in almost six years. He has started slowly this season, yielding four runs or more in two of his three starts. Burnett gave up four runs and seven hits over 5 1-3 innings.
Basically this is my top play of the day, the Orioles should get through Burnett early on here, I really like their offense of late, which should be able to snatch a W here.

White Sox (Danks) (1.97 @ Pinnacle) 5 units

This is a Durbin fade, officially, but it's also a pro White Sox pick, as I believe these couple of wins lately could wake their offense up finally, these guys are (mostly) underachieving this season, they have a couple of big bats there, and I wouldn't be surprised if they flamed Durbin here.
Danks doesn't get much credit due to his 0-2 record, but his 3.97 ERA is quite solid actually, so are the other pitching categories.
Durbin has just been horrid, 12.46 ERA in 8 innings of work, with a .425 BAA to go with it. The right-hander is 1-6 with a 10.90 ERA in nine starts against them, allowing at least five runs in six of those outings.
He has been quite prone to giving up homers as well, playing against a tough lineup which tends to put runners on base quite often, that might not be the best idea.
Combine that with a rather solid CWS bullpen of late, and you got yourself a play.

KC - MIN over 10.5 runs (2.08 @ Pinnacle) 4 units

I'm well aware the Twins will be without Torii Hunter and Nick Punto, plus quite possibly 2nd baseman Luis Castillo, but I still like this one to turn to a run fest. It's a fade of two pitchers, while counting on KC offense to provide a spark and possibly even take the W here.
Odalis Perez (0-2, 9.26 ERA) and Sidney Ponson (1-1, 8.18 ERA) got the nod for their respective teams tonight, and this should be an argument alone to take the over.
Minnesota are hot, winners 3 in a row and 10 out of 15 this season, while KC are only 4-11, I still wouldn't count on Minny to be a sure winner here, actually leaning the Royals. This one could be a 9-7 kind of game on either side.

Good luck guys. :cheers:
:pillow:

Can't believe we're on the same plays tonight. Hopefully that turns out to be a good thing hehe. Nice writeups, as usual. BOL my friend! :shake: :cheers:

Back