MLB + Friday 9/27

Wiretowire

Pretty much a regular
YTD +297.5

Yesterday

MLB 2-0 = +10
WNBA 1-1 = -.5
NCAAF 0-1 = -5.5

Just something to think about............ I have been seeing talk in this forum about how Atlanta will be bounced early from the playoffs. All I can say is don't bet on it. They have been on cruise for quite some time because of the commanding lead they had in their division. They have rested players both fielders and pitchers (early bullpen help) and they will be healthy and ready to make a big run.

People get disappointed after they have bet on them and they lose during the last few weeks. But these teams couldn't care less whether they win any more games once they have secured the playoffs. Being healthy is the most important thing and that even trumps home field advantage.

So any discussion is useless when you are bad mouthing Atlanta, Boston, Oakland, or the Dodgers (even Detroit) in the month of September. The teams you are watching now are going to be nothing like what you will see in another week. You may not believe me but at least listen to my words of caution because it will save you money when you are capping.

As I said yesterday, I have had great success in the month of September for years. I also said I didn't know why. But it might be because I avoid betting sides or totals on those cruise teams like the plague down the stretch. Yes, I know I took Atlanta yesterday but that was because the starter for Philly wasn't ready for the majors and there was no way even Atlanta's "B" team could lose that game.

This is also why it is very difficult to cap the first few games of a playoff series because the starting pitchers have been taking it kind of easy so their last 2-3 starts aren't reflective of how they will pitch for real in the playoffs.

Look, you don't have to agree with me on this because I am not asking you too. I am not even asking for a debate on what I have said. I am only asking you to think about what I have said and include it in your capping for the playoffs. I am not trying to influence you. I am just trying to help.

Sides: All for 5 units

Cleveland/Minnesota over 8 -110 If anyone knows Hernandez it would be Cleveland and even not knowing him he's not too good. But Kluber can be bad as well so this total is safer than laying almost 2-1.

BC/Winnipeg over 50 1/2 -110 (CFL) - I like this one. Not love, but I'm growing very fond of it.

M Tenn/BYU over 59 -110 (NCAAF)

Utah St/SJ St over 61 1/2 -110 (NCAAF)

I proved to you yesterday not to listen to me when it comes to NCAAF. Blood is the go to guy there. I just put in what I like. (and I like to mess with Blood)GL

Thanks Blood. Interesting stats. My comments won't be well received by some but hopefully others will at least think about it. In any event, I think the biggest failing in capping is adding your personal emotions into it. People will think these teams suck and will fade them until they beat the hell out of them and then they will get pissed off not realizing it was their emotions that were the problem to begin with.

Now that statement may stir up shit. GL :)

Thanks Blood. Interesting stats. My comments won't be well received by some but hopefully others will at least think about it. In any event, I think the biggest failing in capping is adding your personal emotions into it. People will think these teams suck and will fade them until they beat the hell out of them and then they will get pissed off not realizing it was their emotions that were the problem to begin with.

Now that statement may stir up shit. GL :)

LOL :) yeah, better U than me...i'm just damn old to stir the pot

But, Prior to Thursday's game, the Braves were hitting .204 and are 9-12 in their last 21 ball games. Yes, they have injuries and yes they are resting some players, but their O has been so damn hit and miss since the break.
This is probably what the lineup will look like for the playoffs
Heyward CF
Simmons SS
Freddie 1B
Johnson 3B
McCann C
J-Upton RF
Gattis LF
E.Johnson 2B
Lots of power here and they depend on the long ball, but against really good pitching they struggle. I dont like Gattis glove in left but have to have his power.

My Braves are doing what we've come to expect this time of year....
LOSING. The Braves haven't done anything serious about post season play since they lost to New York in 1996.

But trying to be optimistic, With Heyward's return, Justin's resurgence, and Freddie's improvement and the Braves have chance.

Kudos for those baseball picks yesterday, Wire.
I will be keeping track of you because I do respect your opinion , and sometimes agrree and sometimes not but I always listen.

LOL :) yeah, better U than me...i'm just damn old to stir the pot

But, Prior to Thursday's game, the Braves were hitting .204 and are 9-12 in their last 21 ball games. Yes, they have injuries and yes they are resting some players, but their O has been so damn hit and miss since the break.
This is probably what the lineup will look like for the playoffs
Heyward CF
Simmons SS
Freddie 1B
Johnson 3B
McCann C
J-Upton RF
Gattis LF
E.Johnson 2B
Lots of power here and they depend on the long ball, but against really good pitching they struggle. I dont like Gattis glove in left but have to have his power.

My Braves are doing what we've come to expect this time of year....
LOSING. The Braves haven't done anything serious about post season play since they lost to New York in 1996.

But trying to be optimistic, With Heyward's return, Justin's resurgence, and Freddie's improvement and the Braves have chance.

Im glad you have Johnson at 2nd and not freaking uggla. Agree Gattis has been liability in left but you need his bat 4 times not just to pinch hit, substitute him out later for schaefer for d purposes. Medlin/Lee tonight should be a good one

I understand your concern Blood but I would not like to play Atlanta in the playoffs. They will be better than most think. GL

Thanks Bull. All I ever want people to do is think about what I am saying before they say I'm full of shit. GL :)

Thanks Johnny. I appreciate it. GL

Wiry one, read your stuff yesterday despite your warning. If Cle gets in, they may be on a 10-game streak (and so might Tampa) ... you're going to lay juice in that game? Feels like one to kick back and watch. Tribe's not as inept against lefties as they once were, Ubie's been better than Price for two months, think we may have Perez out of the way. I'll take my chances. If they get there.

Back